Wolves embarass 76ers. hit 17 threes, including one by Ervin Johnson

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by KG is the MVP, Dec 8, 2004.

1. KG is the MVP

KG is the MVP JBB JustBBall Member

Eddie Griffin had a huge night as well. Wolves win by 35. Not much else to say. (oh yeah, Hassell & Spree held AI to just two FGs)

2. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

Dang. That must've been fun to watch. Us Warriors fans haven't seen us win wit ha lead over 20 in what seems an eternity

3. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

Eddie Griffen really stepped up & the 1st half when the game was still close. I figuared it was going to be a repeat of last night after Cassell picked up those 2 1st quarter fouls. But like I said in another thread about last night's Dallas game, when Cassell isnt producing thats when Spree steps in & picks up the slack. And he was unavailable to due that last night with him being out for suspension. But tonight he was their & really shoulder the load for Cassell. And then Cassell was able to come back in the 2nd quarter. And produce from their on. He didnt really score that much only 2 points in the 2nd half. But he got the Wolves into their offense nicely in the 3rd quarter. Something he had been struggling to do for this team this year alot in the 3rd. But no doubt Eddie Griffin was the star of this game for the Wolves. He shot the ball extremely well from the perimeter. And gave KG some much needed help on the backboards.

Good win by the Wolves even tho it was against Philly. The Kings matchup on friday should be much closer & much more interesting.

4. jbbSpree

jbbSpree JBB JustBBall Member

Great win wolves! E Griffin really nailed them treys tonight!! And great production from Sprewell, serving it up the night after his suspension. I felt the need for him to play well in this game. Like Henacy said, even though its Philly, great win. Wolves really starting to pick up the pace the last 5- 6 games.. lets hope for a home win against Sac Town next.

5. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

LOL, does anyone have a vid of the EJ 3? I want to see that...

6. Skriptz

Skriptz JBB JustBBall Member

LOL me 2 yo

7. fromdowntown

fromdowntown JBB JustBBall Member

17 3's & one by EJ? EJ Indeed! Excuse me, wolves. My, weren't we on tonight? Good job.

8. Timberwolf

Timberwolf JBB JustBBall Member

The Timberwolves had an easy night tonight in Philly as they just had their way against a bad Sixers team. They were able to get a lot of open shots anytime they wanted in this contest. They hit lot of threes in that game.

Eddie Griffin has been a great story so far. He had a great homecoming tonight as he scored 27 points and grab 11 rebounds. He was on fire as he shot from downtown. I believe he had like six threes in the first half alone. He was sick out there. I have to admit I did not expect much from Griffin, but he has really impressed me with his work ethic, his approach to the game, and his professionalism day in and day out. He has also been great off the court too which is a very important for him. McHale, Flip, KG, and the guys have really done a great job working with Eddie. I am really happy for Eddie and I hope he keeps it up with his performance and his fine behavior.

Latrell played great tonight and I thought he set the tone in this game.

As great as the Wolves played, how bad are the Sixers. WOW! That team needs a lot of retuning in the worse way.

Good win after a bad loss against the Mavericks.

9. flamehead

flamehead JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

never though EJ could have nailed a three [​IMG]

personally, i felt philly was concentrating too much on KG, and thus left other players like Spree and Giffin too much space to shoot. great defense on iverson and korver. they were held to a misreable shooting night. korver's 1 for 12 is really dismal

10. Timberwolf

I agree, flamehead. I was watching the game on NBATV and Sixers color analyst, Steve Mix was talking about how the Sixers will make the necessary adjustments on Griffin in the second half. My question is why didn't they make the adjustment on Griffin when he was making his shots in the span of four minutes of the second quarter.

11. Skriptz

Skriptz JBB JustBBall Member

just saw EJ's 3
    LMAAAAAAAAAAAAAO

12. Miami's Finest

Miami's Finest JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KG is the MVP:</div><div class="quote_post">Eddie Griffin had a huge night as well. Wolves win by 35. Not much else to say. (oh yeah, Hassell & Spree held AI to just two FGs)</div>
    LOL AI holds AI to two FGs. The guy is naturally a poor shot selector. He has no consideration for his team. That's why he's known as the C-answer.

13. flamehead

flamehead JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

to tell the truth, EJ's three pointer....was really a stroke of luck. off the backboard lol.

14. Timberwolf

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Miami's Finest:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL AI holds AI to two FGs. The guy is naturally a poor shot selector. He has no consideration for his team. That's why he's known as the C-answer.</div>

I agree with you. I always liked AI for playing hard and giving out his body and all, but I always thought the mark of a superstar to make others better and AI has not done that. I think the Sixers went as far as they could with AI. It might have to behoove them to trade him and get what they can.