Teammates: Kobe sharing the ball too much

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Mel JBB, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Mel JBB

Mel JBB JBB Webmaster

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"My teammates actually approached me and asked me to be more offensive minded,' Bryant said. "They felt like I was trying to get them the ball too much. They came to me and said, 'You know what Kobe, we need you to start being more aggressive offensively.'

"They said, 'Don't worry about us, we'll get stuff within the flow of the game. But we'd like for you to kind of lead the charge for us.'</div>http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,20...2619039,00.html

2. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

haha. Kind of ironic with everyone saying he doesn't share the ball enough. Good article. Thanks for posting

3. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

You know what this is saying? This is telling us Laker fans that Kobe's teammates aren't ready for success in the Laker organization. Letting Kobe do his thing is fine, but he's doing way too much already...and they expect him to do more? How about taking the load off a little and stop being afraid to create for yourself or others? It seems as if every shot is either from Kobe creating for himself, or from a created shot by Kobe for another player (if that makes sense...in other words...Kobe created for them).

Kobe is worth $16 million. I don't think Buss and Kupchak planned on paying the other $45 million (which is THE CAP by the way, without Kobe) to guys who are scared to touch the ball.

4. Cash-Money

Cash-Money JBB JustBBall Member

So we should erase that forum on "Kobe Ballhog"

5. Emo

Emo Active Member

Excellent point Real Deal.....

If his teammates are saying that garbage, pretty much they're saying they have absolutely NO confidence in their game whatsoever, scared of the rock, paranoid about making crucial shots in key offensive possessions, and heck since Kobe's the superstar, have him score as much as possible, and we'll just stand around like spectators, and watch him perform. That is a PATHETIC thinking process. But hey, this is all on the management for getting players like this in the first place. I remember Jerry Buss saying he loves the Showtime Era, and wanted to try a fresh up-tempo style of basketball, but to run that, you need TALENT, you can't just round up anybody and expect them to perform to that type of level.

6. og15

og15 JBB *********

I really don't think Odom had anything to do with this, maybe it was Luke Walton lol.

I heard Odom was saying the teammates need to step up more and help out, so it really wouldn't make sense for it to be him. It says "led to the conclusion", so maybe the person didn't directly say that, but unless someone is trying to suck up to him, is just stupid, or really has no confidence in their game it's odd to tell him to "shoot more".

7. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Leave Kobe alone. He averages a career high 7apg and is top in the NBA in apg. After all of the people saying Kobe is too selfish and now he shares the rock people have a problem. Kobe just do your thing!

8. skip

skip BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">Leave Kobe alone. He averages a career high 7apg and is top in the NBA in apg. After all of the people saying Kobe is too selfish and now he shares the rock people have a problem. Kobe just do your thing!</div>

werd, laker fans demand to much... "share the ball", "your sharing the ball too much", "stop shooting", "take more shots" jeez..

9. *Scotch

*Scotch JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Leave Kobe alone. He averages a career high 7apg and is top in the NBA in apg. After all of the people saying Kobe is too selfish and now he shares the rock people have a problem. Kobe just do your thing!</div>

I don't think anyone's bashing Kobe here.

This confirms my suspicions about most of Kobe's teamate's. Most of these guys have never played with a superstar. Except a few. (And we can all make a case for Wade now but last year he was just a rookie) They seem to shy away from the ball, and it seems like they want to watch Kobe play rather than play with him. Odom and Mihm I think are the only exceptions. The Lakers need a point guard. The PG doesn't even have to be a scorer. He just needs to feed the ball to the hot hand, and maybe give soft tosses to Mihm who has trouble handling lots of passes I've noticed. Having Kobe pass less right now doesn't seem rational. Kobe could average 75 points a game and still his teamates need to get involved somehow to pull out a win. Kobe is pulling his load, now its time to see if Rudy T can figure out a way to get these other guys invovled.

10. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting *Scotch:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think anyone's bashing Kobe here.

This confirms my suspicions about most of Kobe's teamate's. Most of these guys have never played with a superstar. Except a few. (And we can all make a case for Wade now but last year he was just a rookie) They seem to shy away from the ball, and it seems like they want to watch Kobe play rather than play with him. Odom and Mihm I think are the only exceptions. The Lakers need a point guard. The PG doesn't even have to be a scorer. He just needs to feed the ball to the hot hand, and maybe give soft tosses to Mihm who has trouble handling lots of passes I've noticed. Having Kobe pass less right now doesn't seem rational. Kobe could average 75 points a game and still his teamates need to get involved somehow to pull out a win. Kobe is pulling his load, now its time to see if Rudy T can figure out a way to get these other guys invovled.</div>
    [​IMG]

:headphone

I'm starting to see more love for Kobe! People are starting to understand exactly what I've been saying now since the beginning of the preseason.
    <ul>[*]Lakers need a point guard that is a playmaker and can play defense
    [*]Kobe isn't the problem.
    [*]There are many other players not doing their job on this team.[/list]
    Wow, I'm shocked really. It's about time.

11. Mel JBB

Mel JBB JBB Webmaster

I'm [​IMG] for a Ron Harper type player someday. Tall, smart, unselfish, can defend the 1 and the 2...

If Eric Snow didn't have such a crappy contract, I'd love to him him on the squad.

12. Billa_Bong

Billa_Bong JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mel JBB:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm [​IMG] for a Ron Harper type player someday. Tall, smart, unselfish, can defend the 1 and the 2...

If Eric Snow didn't have such a crappy contract, I'd love to him him on the squad.</div>
    he might be worth it....hell we are paying atkins 4 mill a year...snow is worth ten times to the lakers right now he is making like 5.7 or sumthing.

Brandon, I am starting to see a lot more not love but respect for Kobe since the xmas game.....making me real happy to see some stuff change.

Anyways I agree....we really need a good solid pg....not a sg in a pg body who can only score...we need a defender/playmaker.

13. theclown1

theclown1 JBB JustBBall Member

We (the laker fans) are saying this whole season but still no changes at the organisation.

I hope they soon see that Atkins isnt good enough in the playoffs as starting PG.