Amar? on KG's career high

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by Big Zee, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Big Zee

Big Zee JBB JustBBall Member

What do you guys think of this quote?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"Was that Garnett's career-high -- 47?" he asked a Phoenix reporter.

Told it was, Stoudemire, 22, said: "He needs three more if he's going to catch me."
    </div>

2. CUSA Fan

CUSA Fan JBB JustBBall Member

Even though I'm a fan of the T-Wolves, I like this comment by Amare. He's obviously playing like the MVP right now, and he has the attitude. People may think it might be a little disrespectful, I find no problem with it. He obviously has confidence that he's an efficient player and that he is playing like an MVP.

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Don't even know why this is worth a topic honestly, Amare was joking around. That seems pretty clear.

4. Big Zee

Big Zee JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Don't even know why this is worth a topic honestly, Amare was joking around. That seems pretty clear.</div>

I'm not so sure he was joking around...

I believe it's an illustration of how much emphasis Amar? puts on his defensive tasks, i.e. none whatsoever. It's almost unimaginable how much better he would be if he focused somewhat more on his defense (and rebounding).

5. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Big Zee:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm not so sure he was joking around...

I believe it's an illustration of how much emphasis Amar? puts on his defensive tasks, i.e. none whatsoever. It's almost unimaginable how much better he would be if he focused somewhat more on his defense (and rebounding).</div>

Amare's Defense does stink but I dont think you can attribute KG dropping 47 on Amare. They hardly were matched up against on another Amare was guarded by the likes of Kandiman, Madsen and Griffin alot more then KG. And KG was guarded alot more by Shawn Marion, Steven Hunter and even Bo Outlaw spent a long period in the 2nd quarter trying to guard KG. So the # they dropped last night werent really on each other.

Anyway, I think Amare was just taking a little stab at KG & the Timberwolves. Just like when he said nobody on the team can guard him. He wants to prove himself everytime he looks across the court and sees KG on the floor whether they are matched up or not. And he has been proving himself so far, almost everytime in my opinion. But I dont think his comments were meant to be overally disrespectful, all in good fun.

6. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

yeh i believe it was all in good fn. i think its obvious amre is still on a high from his big game. i mean if i dropped 50 in a nba game i would be really happy also. And i mean if a guy of that caliber only scored 47 for his career high it would get me smurking a bit too.

but trust me i bet me and amre respect k.g. to the fullest.

But to comment on Amares defense. I believe he really believes his team can play defense as a core, because on Nba Nation televised on ESPN, Amare talked very emphatically about how his team can lock opposing teams down with there man to man defense and pure quickness.

7. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

I believe the comment was made in fun and fact. No disrespect intended. If I have 2 50 point games and you have 1, then you will need another to catch up. Especially with those two. They really enjoy the game and competition. I like the challenge the Amare represents.

8. Skriptz

Skriptz JBB JustBBall Member

i dont think amare is serious, i think its just joking around with KG because they won
    however im not sure about gettin happy because KG career high is only 47. Thats no surprise, KG spends a large portion of his game dishing out Assists. He has too because no one is going to double team any one else on the Wolves starting 5 unless cassell if he gets going. And honestly i think KG could drop 90 if he had a point guard like Nash pasing to him. Think how many of Amare's points r dunks off Nash assists.

9. Timberwolf

Timberwolf JBB JustBBall Member

http://www.startribune.com/stories/508/5169264.html

That quote that Big Zee pointed out was from this article (link).

Since I posted this link on that article, I got some things to say. I like the Suns and they are fun to watch. With that said, I got a problem with those guys particularly Amare and Richardson talking trash to the Wolves. Suns haven't won anything yet so for them to open their yaps is funny. I like to see them get past the first round before they can talk smack. Until then, they should shut their yap and just play winning basketball.