East BETTEr then West this year?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Flames, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Flames

Flames JBB JustBBall Member

It seems that the East has actully gotten better then the west in terms of talent it seems the power shift that got Shaq sent to the East made it stronger ok sure the West has more wins but the east is loaded and it seems like all the bad teams seam to be coming back (Milwaukee New Jersey Toronto) and I'm going to make a bold statement and say that by the end of the year the east will have more wins then the west.

2. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

How about no. The west has teams like Seattle, Phoenix, San Antonio, Dallas, and Minnesota (although they aren't in the best state right now). East? Detroit is falling apart (even worse than Minnesota), most of the Atlantic division isn't that great, and the teams you've mentioned up there (Milwaukee, Jersey, Toronto) aren't getting anywhere (their rebuilding). The only bright spots that the East have are Miami, Orlando, and Indiana. Truth is, West has more wins, and will continue to have more wins by the end of the season.

3. Blazerfan101

Blazerfan101 JBB JustBBall Member

LOL, bull crap Flames...West has dominated the past decade and probably will for quite some time. Just cuz shack is in town doesnt mean the east is better than the west. Bulls arent looking too good, neither are the new Bobcats.If you really want to compare, New York is the third seed...and they break out just at .500. you look at the third best team in the West and you go to the Sonics which are 23-7, lol. How can that compare?
    West dominates the East and will keep doing so.

4. Flames

New Orleans is 2-27 that helps the loss category more and every team in the east is starting to win more and what was it you said about NJ and Milwaukee rebuilding?Both were depleted by injuries not rebuilding and all of them will be above .500 by the end of the year except the expansion bobcats and the bulls will be coming back as well mark my words, It's only the beginning but I got a feeling.

5. Pure

Pure JBB Graphic Design

No way, the West is still the dominant Conference and I think everyone should know that. Let's look at our dominate Western Conference teams, shall we? San Antonio Spurs, Phoenix Suns, Seattle Sonics, Sacramento Kings, Dallas Mavericks, the Minnesota Timberwolves. Now, for the Eastern Conference. Miami Heat, Detroit Pistons, wow, that's about all I can think of. You can't just go by records, or else you could say the Cavaliers and Magic are dominant. It's more going on competition. It's sad that the Knicks could get the third seed with a .500 record.

West>East anyday.

6. Flames

The East is improving dramatically and will STILL win the Finals they improve each day and Minnesota SHOULD be a eastern team but unfortunately isn't oh well East is still better.

7. TheNextJordan8

TheNextJordan8 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Flames:</div><div class="quote_post">The East is improving dramatically and will STILL win the Finals they improve each day and Minnesota SHOULD be a eastern team but unfortunately isn't oh well East is still better.</div>

Are you serious [​IMG] a Western Conferences 6th seed team can beat the 1st seed team in the eastern conference in a 7 game series. [​IMG]

How are they better?

And on top of that San Antonio will murder anyone of you measly weak Eastern teams.

WEST SIDE!

8. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

yeh boy representing for tupac westside.

though i'm just a tad skeptical about the west dominating any eastern team. shaq the black is to scary to me.
    But i am rooting for the spurs to take it this year and if they dont i'll be satisfied with any of my favorites to take it this year.

9. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">New Orleans is 2-27 that helps the loss category more and every team in the east is starting to win more and what was it you said about NJ and Milwaukee rebuilding?Both were depleted by injuries not rebuilding and all of them will be above .500 by the end of the year except the expansion bobcats and the bulls will be coming back as well mark my words</div>
    Hahaha. Your a funny guy. How is New Jersey not rebuilding after two of their best players in the offseason and only requiring Vince in return this season. And above you said Toronto are on their way to being above .500. They are obviously rebuilding. They have no legit base for the franchise and have constantly told Vince they were going to rebuild. Milwaukee? They've just got Michael Redd, who by the way, isn't all that happy staying there. They're on the brink of collapse with the season they are having so far. If they aren't rebuilding, then they are pretty darn close to it. Sure, Bulls are making a slight comeback, but its going to take more than a season to fix the situation they're in now.

10. Flames

I'm from TEXAS my favorite team is the Rockets but in the end it will be the Eastern conference again with the rings again.Face it.By the end of the year all eastern teams will have a combined better record the the west thanks to New Orleans and the Portland Trailblazers.

11. JiggidyJames

JiggidyJames JBB JustBBall Member

As a WHOLE, the Western Conference IS better. But to say that the number SIX out West can beat the number ONE in the East? Come on now, thats just REDICULOUS.

Total wins? Who gives a damn if N'awleans is 2-27, they're not going to the playoffs.

BTW, Miami over SA in six.
    Peace.

12. yanix

yanix JBB JustBBall Member

EAST OVER THE WEST???? what have u been smoking?? (and can i have some of it). c'mon man ya gotta be kidding right? there are too many good teams in the west. NO wouldnt be doing this bad now if they were playing back in the east.

13. bdogg187

bdogg187 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheNextJordan8:</div><div class="quote_post">Are you serious [​IMG] a Western Conferences 6th seed team can beat the 1st seed team in the eastern conference in a 7 game series. [​IMG]
    </div>

Last night the 6th place team in the West lost to the Bobcats. [​IMG]

It might have been a fluke or it might just be that the T-wolves are on their way down, but either way it doesnt lend a lot of credibilty to your arguement that the 6th place team in the west is better than any eastern conference team.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Bulls arent looking too good, neither are the new Bobcats.</div>

The Bobcats are an expansion team with a payroll that is less than Shaq's salary, I dont think the playoffs were even on their radar screen. You cant judge the entire eastern conference on an expansion team anymore than you can judge the west off of the NO Hornets.

All that said, cleary the utterly pathetic Atlantic division is proof enough that the east is still very weak, add to that the meltdown that both the Pacers and the Pistons are going through that doesnt leave much in the east.

14. iversonfan3

iversonfan3 JBB JustBBall Member

Of course the west is still better than the east......Let's just list all the good teams right now in the west: Suns, Kings, Sonics, Spurs....Ok, let's stop here, I didnt even finish listing them and theres four teams with 20 or + wins. The east only has one team that has more than 20 wins, the Heat. And I belelive they are the only team in the east that can truly put up a battle with those teams in the west. Well I don't know about the Kings, I think they been inconsistent this season, I don't follow them much but they started the season off bad then I don't know I checked 2 months into the season they're lilke 13 games over 500 and then last I heard they went 2-3 on a 5 game home stand.

15. JKiDD05NeTs

JKiDD05NeTs JBB JustBBall Member

Whoa calm down. Who won the championship last year? I believe that was the Pistons in 5 games. The gap is definetely closing, but the West is still better. In the East you have Washington, Orlando, Cleveland all having good years. Miami is going to be a 50 win team easily. Detroit and Indiana will get in and be factors. The finals right now are looking like Miami and San Antonio. I'm sorry I'm just not sold on Amare not being anything but a recipient of Steve Nash's greatness, and you have to have a solid frontcourt to win in the West in the playoffs. Seattle and Pheonix will find that out.