Official Game Thread - Warriors @ Raptors

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Premium, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

<div align="center">[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]</div>

Golden States Warriors Toronto Raptors @
    TV: TSN, Oakland (FSN)
    Venue: ACC
    TipOff time: 1:00 PM est

<font color="Red">- Starting Line-ups</font>

<font color="Indigo">The Raptors</font>

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Rafer Alston-Morris Peterson-Eric Williams-Chris Bosh-Rafael Araujo

6th Man:

[​IMG]
    Jalen Rose

Coach:

[​IMG]
    Sam Mitchell

<font color="DarkSlateBlue">The Warriors</font>

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Speedy Claxton-Calbert Cheaney-Mike Dunleavy-Troy Murphy-Clifford Robinson

6th Man:

[​IMG]
    Mickael Pietrus

Coach:

[​IMG]
    Mike Montgomrey

* J-rich is most likely still out with his sprained left ankle, and recently aquired Zarko Cabarkapa wont be with the team due to personal reasons. Dale Davis and Eduardo Najera are both still on the injured list

Keys To The Game:

* keep speedy from penetrating

* Rebound, rebound, rebound. we need Araujo to be tough and solid around the hoop for us

* Bosh = aggressive. neither cliff or troy have the lateral quicks to keep up with bosh, so he needs to establish his face up game right away.

Prediction

j-rich really torched us last time, and with him sitting out, it takes a bit of scoring punch out of their line-up...plus with the way we've been playing lately...getting everyone involved (ie several players scoring in double digits lately) the raps should come out on top.

raps win 98-90

sorry if this is a sub-par preview...purple fever usually does it, and we're about half an hour till tip off and he's not around so i figured id throw a quick one together. [​IMG]

2. rumsomal

rumsomal JBB JustBBall Member

raps by 5

Should be entertaining to watch rafer and speedy going at it raptors have the edge in the rebounding department lets hope they can rebound from the poor shooting performance from the other night against the bucks...raps by 5

3. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Blowout. Bosh was unstopable today.

4. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

well i guess i was just a LITTLE bit off on my score prediction, but least i wasnt off on the general outcome [​IMG]

HUGE game for bosh. its about time one of OUR big men set some kind of career high in rebounds [​IMG]

araujo with another good game...cant help but be impressed with how more comfortable he's looking out there...especially with his jump shot.

rafer busted out of his shooting slump in BIG BIG way...he missed his first few shots...then kicked down 6 in a row

AGAIN we spread out the scoring...with 6 players scoring in double figures...gotta love that. for a team with no "superstar" we sure are doing a pretty good job of lighting up the score board lately.

overall a great win...3 of our last 4. hope to see more of this

5. rumsomal

rumsomal JBB JustBBall Member

did i say raps by 5...i meant raps by 25 hope we can carry the momentum into the game against boston [​IMG]

6. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting rumsomal:</div><div class="quote_post">did i say raps by 5...i meant raps by 25 hope we can carry the momentum into the game against boston [​IMG]</div>

Bosh: unstopable
    Hoffa: looking better and better
    Alston: needed this game
    MoPete: see "Alston"
    E. Williams: 6 assists, not great stats but stats aint everything
    Bonner: see Hoffa

7. spinz

spinz JBB JustBBall Member

i could actually walk away around the last 3 minutes of the 4th feeling confident that we won...we need more blowouts like this, i think we had too many nail biters this year...

good game all around...good to see alston come out of his slump...

8. Rim-Rocca

Rim-Rocca JBB JustBBall Member

I only watched the 1st quarter cause i had to go somewhere but it looked like we played a great game. 21 and 17, very good numbers by bosh. Hoffa, bonner, alston, and mo pete by looking at the stats had good games as well. we should definately have momentum playing against boston at home.

9. McGrady^1

McGrady^1 JBB JustBBall Member

we better continue our hard work on wed against boston...usually we tend to relax and let up ...i think

10. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

Great game. Although I was a bit worried in the first half, Skip and Moe played great in the third quarter to put the game away.

Bosh was tremendous from the field today 8-9, 21 points and 17 Rebounds (Career high).
    Great overall game, hope it continues against the C's.

P.S. Thanks for doing the preview DJ, I was busy all weekend and only had time to watch the game.

11. VinKanaddy

VinKanaddy JBB JustBBall Member

How about that for a performance from someone who admitted that he's not ready to be the go-to guy yet [​IMG] Good thing we got rid of Carter, because if we hadn't traded him we wouldn't have got to see Bosh blossoming. I wanna see the Raps draft Gerrald Green in this year's draft. Scouts compare him to T-Mac. Can you imagine Bosh playing with Green? That's a couple of highlight reels waiting to spill over. [​IMG]

12. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

why bosh doesn't get 15 shots a game is confounding, the roles are poorly defined on this team. it appears as if lammond murray and donyell marshall are unhappy with their roles.

13. dunksworth

dunksworth JBB JustBBall Member

^ I was wondering that too.... Bosh was effective shooting 8-9 so there was no reason for him to get such little touches. But with Jalen coming off the bench, that would allow the offense to be run through Bosh more often.

Great game. It good to see that they didn't let the heartbreaking loss to the Bucks affect their game. Hope they can continue their strong play against the Celtics on Wednesday.....

14. VinKanaddy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">why bosh doesn't get 15 shots a game is confounding, the roles are poorly defined on this team. it appears as if lammond murray and donyell marshall are unhappy with their roles.</div>

Not nearly as poorly as it was with Kevin O'Neil's regime. I agree that Bosh should've got more touches, but on the other hand he could have had 4 more attempts if he didn't get the 4 assists. I like the fact that he's looking for open team-mates. Rose and Marshall are starters if they were on some other team but they are handling things professionally, and Marshall doesn't seem to mind as long as the team wins because he knows he'll either be traded with Rose or he'll be a free agent at the end of the season. I thought Murray has been fine with coming off the bench and playing about 12~15 mins a game? Where do you get a hint of him being unhappy from?

15. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">why bosh doesn't get 15 shots a game is confounding, the roles are poorly defined on this team. it appears as if lammond murray and donyell marshall are unhappy with their roles.</div>
    I don't think Rose is happy too, I mean he just doesn't look happy while playing even though he's been good offnesively.

The only problem for me right now is that 1) Our defense hasn't improved 2) We are winning, but we're also at home and having a lot of breaks, and are basically maintaining the same home winning percentage we previously had and 3) We have a few road games still coming, but for the most part s'all good.

16. VinKanaddy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think Rose is happy too, I mean he just doesn't look happy while playing even though he's been good offnesively.

The only problem for me right now is that 1) Our defense hasn't improved 2) We are winning, but we're also at home and having a lot of breaks, and are basically maintaining the same home winning percentage we previously had and 3) We have a few road games still coming, but for the most part s'all good.</div>

Our overall defense may be the same, but I thought we defended well when it mattered. I don't think being at home is the lone factor in us winning, having practice time between games has been just as important, if not more important than having the home crowd behind.

17. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think Rose is happy too, I mean he just doesn't look happy while playing even though he's been good offnesively.
    </div>

curiously i thought rose was passing up shots in the fourth quarter, i've never seen that before.

18. VinKanaddy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">curiously i thought rose was passing up shots in the fourth quarter, i've never seen that before.</div>

He did the same thing on the first game he got demoted from the starting role.

19. deception

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting VinKanaddy:</div><div class="quote_post">He did the same thing on the first game he got demoted from the starting role.</div>

its not a demotion, its a realignment of the lineup according to the coaching staff at least. and i have a vague recollection of that game but i thought he came out gunning that game.

20. VinKanaddy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">its not a demotion, its a realignment of the lineup according to the coaching staff at least. and i have a vague recollection of that game but i thought he came out gunning that game.</div>

lol same thing, described using better sounding words and phrased in a more sophiscated way to make it sound good on paper. Rose passed the ball up for about 5 straight possessions before finally making his first bucket. Maybe he was pissed off, maybe he saw open guys, I don't know... He just has a lot of pride in him.