John Thomas and Anthony Carter

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by Timberwolf, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Timberwolf

Timberwolf JBB JustBBall Member

The Timberwolves front office will have to make a decision soon on these two guys with their second 10-day contract expiring very soon. If they resign them, it will be for the entire season. Will the Wolves bring them back? I would love to see both of them back. Anthony needs to be back because he runs the offense well with his passing ability and most importantly, he is insurance if Sam has his chronic injuries. John Thomas? That's a toughie. Wolves seem to do fine with Thomas in the middle. Thomas is a bend not break type of guy. He is clearly better than Olowokandi. I would like to see John stay too.

2. Pure

Pure JBB Graphic Design

I think we will keep them both. We for sure need to keep Thomas, because Madsen is still out for awhile. With out inconsistent center play, we always need some more guys to go in there. As for Carter, I would love for him to stay. Cassell's injury could come back at any given point in the season, and Hudson is very streaky. It would be great to have a solid point guard there just in case anything weird happens.

3. the main event

the main event JBB JustBBall Member

defintly keep them both!

4. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

Carter - Definitely!!!

Thomas - Not as much due to the fact that we may be able to find help before the trade deadline.

*Cavs are talking about the lack of interest in "Big Z"

5. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

Honestly, I didnt even know Anthony Carter's contract wasnt garunateed for the whole season already. Anyway, I think its a no brainer that he will get signed with what happened to the Wolves last season they must carry 3 point guards on the roster at all times. John Thomas is going to get re-signed as well, with Madsen down indefinately the Wolves need as much size on the roster as possible. He played well when the Wolves first signed him but he has faded in the rotation over the past few games. But the Wolves still need plenty of insurance bigs, Kandiman isnt stable. And there will be plenty of stretches where he is just to big a liablity to have on the court. And Ervin Johnson is old. The Wolves need Thomas' size.