Thursday Preview: SAC @ SAS

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by King James X3, Jan 26, 2005.

1. King James X3

King James X3 JBB JustBBall Member

<div align="center">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/EJamesX3/prediction.jpg">
    [b]KjX3</div>

COMING SOON

[​IMG] 102 [​IMG] 104[/center]

2. ice ice BIBBY

ice ice BIBBY JBB JustBBall Member

Lets not even talk about that last meeting

what goes around comes around...and the Spurs are gonna get theirs at home nonetheless

go kings!!

3. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

The Kings are gonna take this one I think. They should have some built up frustation from Sunday and should take it out on the Spurs. Kings by 3.

4. $actown Dyme

$actown Dyme JBB JustBBall Member

Here's hoping that we see some different results from Sunday's game. I have a hunch that the Spurs will take this one, though. Spurs by 6.

5. Da_Future_2k5

Da_Future_2k5 JBB Banned Member

this game should go down to the wire, i am hoping the Kings win... they are still the best team to watch in the NBA IMO.. and that team in Phoenix too

Edit: Peja isnt playing, ahhh i wanted to see a great game [​IMG]

6. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Tough loss. The bright side, I guess, is that it was much closer than last time. If we want to win a title, we have to win these games.

7. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

I thought it would be tough for Sac to get the win having to play at SA.Then I saw that Peja wasnt going to play and thought that pretty much meant theres no chance for a win.Overall I was surprised to see how close this game was,until the last 2 minutes when the Spurs shut the door on it.I thought it was kind of silly the way the commentators were making such a big deal out of the spurs sloppy play and that being the only reason it wasnt a blowout in the first half.Arent the Kings the best passing team in the league and didnt they have a similar amount of turnovers to the spurs.Oh well,hopefully Peja and Evans come back quick.Not exactly disappointed to see they lost.

8. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

I thought that the Kings had a chance to win this game until I found out that Peja wasn't gonna play. The Kings had a chance to win the game up until about 3 minutes left in the game. If the Kings had Peja, I think that they would have pulled this out. Ah well, coulda shoulda doesn't matter now. Gotta look forward to the next game.

9. Bez Koske

Bez Koske JBB JustBBall Member

I can't wait for the Spurs to come to Seattle and get raped.

10. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

On a side note;why does Tony Massenberg have to be such a little girl when it comes to the kings.Oh how i quivered with delight when Barnes threw the inbounds pass off of Tony "Cry Baby" Massenberger and scored to end the 1st half.This guy thinks hes a difference maker [​IMG]

11. King James X3

Ginobili and Parker had quite a few plays where they took it to the hoop uncontested, just yet another example of Sacramento's lack of a shot blocking presence. Duncan's going to get his numbers, so when playing The Spurs you certainly can't allow Bowen, Ginobili, and Parker to combine for 51 Points in a game where your team doesn't even break 80 Points. It all comes back down to their defense, in a game where your main scoring threat is out, your defense must step up to the plate. However, Sacramento again fails to show us something defensively.

12. Da_Future_2k5

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">On a side note;why does Tony Massenberg have to be such a little girl when it comes to the kings.Oh how i quivered with delight when Barnes threw the inbounds pass off of Tony "Cry Baby" Massenberger and scored to end the 1st half.This guy thinks hes a difference maker [​IMG]</div>

hahahaha, that was a great play by Barnes, first time I seen that in a while, I remember Pippen and others doing it back in the day... surprised we dont see it more really.

13. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James X3:</div><div class="quote_post">Ginobili and Parker had quite a few plays where they took it to the hoop uncontested, just yet another example of Sacramento's lack of a shot blocking presence. Duncan's going to get his numbers, so when playing The Spurs you certainly can't allow Bowen, Ginobili, and Parker to combine for 51 Points in a game where your team doesn't even break 80 Points. It all comes back down to their defense, in a game where your main scoring threat is out, your defense must step up to the plate. However, Sacramento again fails to show us something defensively.</div>
    its not quite as simple as a lack of shotblocking..
    if you watch closely when the Kings are on defense, whats happening is all starting with the 1 & 2. Bibby is not a good defender. everyone knows that. so when you have someone like parker that can blow by just about any 1 gaurd in the leage, the front court has to compensate by rotating. once the rotation takes place, that leaves someone open for the shot. If someone is able to rotate back to the kickout man, the Kings have to rotate defensively again. make three passes & the entire Kings defense is out of position and you either wind up with a wide open perimiter shooter or an insane mismatch like Bibby gaurding Duncan. last night in the first quarter, the Spurs played Kings ball and they were beating them at it handily. Pop knows the defensive problems the kings have and he knows how to get his team ready for the Kings.

Untill the backcourt defense starts shaping up, this is going to be a continuing problem.

14. King James X3

They rotation isn't great, that's obvious, but it's their individual defense and their lack of a presense in the paint defensively. Parker drives to the lane, is he going to be intimidated that Brad Miller, Peja, or Chris Webber could be waiting under the basket for him. Of course not, Sacramento hasn't established a shot blocking presense since the days of Keon Clark, and he was just a reserve.

I think most of their problems defensively lie in the frontcourt. Webber is injuried, he can't rotate as quickly, he can't show on screens, he's a liability on the pick and roll, and he's no longer a solid defender against the elite power fowards in his conference. Peja has never been a great defender and he too is susceptible to all of the aforementioned flaws. He's a slow small foward because of his size, and he's not at all physical in any way shape or form. Brad Miller is just Brad Miller. He's a decent athlete, but he's not extremely quick and certainly no one's expecting him to anchor a defense in the middle.

15. harbingerofdoom

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James X3:</div><div class="quote_post">They rotation isn't great, that's obvious, but it's their individual defense and their lack of a presense in the paint defensively. Parker drives to the lane, is he going to be intimidated that Brad Miller, Peja, or Chris Webber could be waiting under the basket for him. Of course not, Sacramento hasn't established a shot blocking presense since the days of Keon Clark, and he was just a reserve.

I think most of their problems defensively lie in the frontcourt. Webber is injuried, he can't rotate as quickly, he can't show on screens, he's a liability on the pick and roll, and he's no longer a solid defender against the elite power fowards in his conference. Peja has never been a great defender and he too is susceptible to all of the aforementioned flaws. He's a slow small foward because of his size, and he's not at all physical in any way shape or form. Brad Miller is just Brad Miller. He's a decent athlete, but he's not extremely quick and certainly no one's expecting him to anchor a defense in the middle.</div>
    I understand what you are saying, but the problem is, the front court shouldnt have to rotate like they have been. this team is not built for those kind of defensive rotations. the way you keep from having to rotate the way the Kings have is by your gaurds keeping their guy in front of them rather than letting them get the step they need to go around which forces the defensive rotation to begin with.
    the front court is doing exactly what it should be doing in that case, if they dont rotate, its an easy layup. if they do rotate, its going to push the defense out of place.

thats why when they go into a zone and they are playing it well, they look good defensively... it puts a defense into a position where they shouldnt be rotating the 3-5 as much.

16. King James X3

Regardless, at least we both understand it's defense...lol

17. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

Webb hit the 3!!!!!!!!!
    We off to O.T.!!!!

18. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

Yeah!!!!!!!!! Kings get it done by 6 (117-111). All of the props goes to C-Webb for this one. Bibby gets a season high with 14 assists and Mobley was key. A huge win for the Kings!

19. Da_Future_2k5

that Webber three pointer was RIDICULOUS, amazing shot, nice win by the Kings

20. harbingerofdoom

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James X3:</div><div class="quote_post">Regardless, at least we both understand it's defense...lol</div>heh... this is true