Our #1 Problem

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Mr. J, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Watching the Knicks for about half of the season I have even more concerns. There were so many things that I couldn?t figure out. Honestly all of these stuff I didn?t know why they happened. I mean Jadakiss could write another version of ?Why? with all of these Knicks problems. After thinking and thinking and doing more thinking, I figured out the problem. It?s because Tim Thomas is gone! Na, I?m just playing of course but, the real problem has been said numerous amounts of time. I always knew it was a problem however, I had no idea that this problem would end up becoming the nucleus and the root to the destruction of such a heavy and historically significant franchise. I am probably the last one to realize it. Everyone in this forum probably did. Knicks Analyst, Tribute, Ming, Penny, TNG, Bobby, Platehpus, KnicksUK, Nylex and the rest of the many Knicks fans that I didn?t name. The number one problem why we are doing so badly is because of one of the greatest players in NBA history?Isiah Thomas.

I have much respect for Isiah Thomas as a basketball player. He won championships, he was a hard fighter, he had an excellent work ethic, and was as tough as they come. How painful is it to play on an injured ankle? This guy has done in it. Even if you think Isiah is a horrible person still, you can?t help but to have a deep respect for him. You had no choice but to respect him. You guys are very familiar with this mans accomplishments, and you would think wining back to back titles he would know how to build a team. Well obviously he doesn?t. I will give credit where credit is due. He made some fine draft choices. He drafted Damon Stoudemire who ended up becoming rookie of the year, Tracy McGrady self explanatory reasons, and Trevor Ariza who has a super bright future. He also made a great trade trading Rose and got Ron artest and Brad Miller. He has done some decent moves. The only problem is other than Trevor Ariza, none of his decent moves have been with the Knicks.

He gave away 2 1st rounders, a nice young project in Lampe, for Stephon Marbury, and Penny Hardaway. Then he traded a nice young project that was looking very good, a great defensive player although old, for Jamal Crawford and JYD. After that, he made no more moves. This trade has proved to be full of flaws. These two and especially Crawford are Grade A losers! Isiah Thomas is building a team around losers. We need a leader. One can make the argument that Marbury got into the first round of the playoffs a few time although he has never surpassed that. The reason why is because he had the likes of reigning MVP Kevin Garnett, and a good leader in Shawn Marion. Crawford really doesn?t need explaining. The most games he has gotten was 30 on the weak Chicago Bulls team a couple of years ago. There, no one really cared about his atrocious shot selection. They were losing anyway so it wasn?t a huge necessity. Now coming over from Chicago with his extremely undisciplined game, he has hurt us at many times. I do not see him being punished or anything after his shooting. Maybe that?s why he has not learned yet. The team is centered on these two losers who do not know how to win. I think either we get rid of them or bring some leaders here to teach them. That won?t happen. Our GM Isiah is riding Marbury and Crawford?s (let me say) ?jocks.? And you guys thought Shaq was on Wade?s!! These guys are detrimental to us and yet he is in love with them so much it is preventing him from doing his job, which is helping us win games. I heard on this show on MSG called ?NYK Way? that Marbury said I?m going to kill some on if I get traded! My heart is NY blah, blah, blah. Marbury is not really an elite guard. He has the talent to be one but, he isn?t. To quote Knicks Analyst, ?What good is potential if you don?t use it?? If potential said it all, Tim Thomas would be an All NBA first teamer! Marbury has pretty good numbers but, all of that would get shown up if there was an actual statistic for defense. I do think that his assists are a bit overrated because he handles the ball so much but even if it wasn?t, it doesn?t matter because he gives his assists right back when he allows his defender to score due to his lack of defense. He is stuck in NY unless Isiah is still there. Crawford is even worse. He is a good passer but, not as good as Marbury and his FG% is outrageous and he plays bad defense too. Not the people you necessarily want leading your team right? I bet you if RC Buford was on something and offered Ginobili, Duncan, Parker, Bowen, 2 first rounders and cash, for Marbury, Crawford and throw ins, he would decline because his two sons are involved. He does what he likes instead of what?s good for the team. We saw this last year when he traded Van Horn and Doleac. The Knicks were rolling and I believe they just won 5 of 7. Because he didn?t like Van Horn or his agent, he trades him.

Isiah Thomas sees us and sees how badly we struggle. It has been painfully obvious that this team is not destined to be with each other. What does Isiah Thomas do? He does absolutely nothing. No trade or anything. It seems as if he is not even trying to help make his team better. I think he is waiting for his two sons to magically stop the bleeding and turn this franchise around. Sure they have been more exciting but, I just like everyone else want W?s instead of the extra highlights. At first I thought Isiah Thomas was a bad GM but, I thought he would just make us from a borderline whack team to a pretty mediocre 2nd or even maybe a 3rd round of the playoffs. Now we?re are struggling to even make it to the playoffs! With Isiah doing nothing in the front office and leaders like Houston gone, this franchise is bound to eventually reach rock bottom with Isiah around. I honestly do think the Knicks in 02-03 could beat these Knicks right now. At least for the most part I saw more effort than these Knicks if they ever had any. Let?s hope Isiah reaches his senses and does something. Or maybe Dolan reaches his and fires Isiah Thomas. The Knicks need W?s and need to make it to the playoffs this year. If we don?t we will be the NBA?s team with the highest payroll, with no pick in the draft. I knew Isiah was bad, but I had no idea it was to this extent. Hopefully, just hopefully something will be done. Keep the fingers crossed Knick fans.

2. knickstroll

knickstroll JBB Banned Member

they wont be good for another 4 years, just in time to resign marbury to another lengthy and expensive contract. u guys couldve had a team like this in 2 years if u actually took your time and didnt waste picks and cash just so u can get to the playoffs for one year:

pg-jameer nelson/bob sura
    sg-joe johnson
    sf-peja stojakovic/trevor ariza
    pf-amare stoudemire/mike sweetney
    c-samuel dalembert/corliss williamson

and 3 1st round draft picks from each previous year. im not saying u would get all these players, but u could get a good majority of them. and on top of that, u guys would be only a couple million over the salary cap and u could actually have a head coach like phil jackson. but no. u guys have herb williams and overpaid underachievers like tim thomas. he still wants to fight kenyon martin. what a ***. kenyon would knock him out in a second. penny hardaway is ur only respectable player. he doesnt talk **** to the media. like ur all mighty leader stephon, "im the best pg in the league" hahahah. u guys are like 2-13 since he made that statement. hahaha. what a pathetic loser. has he gotten out of the first round yet? no. what happens to all of his old teams after he leaves them? twolves go to the western conference finals last year, the nets go to the nba finals 2 years in a row, and the suns have the second best record in the nba right now. hhahahahahahha. dont worry guys, u do have some upside. if isiah ever gets smart enough to trade away marbury, then u guys will improve just like marbury other old teams. u knick fans make me laugh. u think u know everything about basketball. have fun with crawford too, hes shooting a blazing 39% from the field. hahahahaha.

<font color="Red">Watch the language and what you say. I will be mentioning this to the admins and super mods. - Knicks Analyst</font>

3. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

First off watch the language and I thought you were a Knicks fan. Why are you saying you guys as if you aren't a fan? I do think it's stretching it a bit to say Amare, Stojackovic, JJ and the rest of them but, I agree we could have had a better had we had Frank still and made better choices.

4. knickstroll

knickstroll JBB Banned Member

IM NOT A FAN. how many times do i have to say it? im a <strike>******* </strike> troll. i hate the knicks. and i didnt say the knicks could have gotten all those guys, but its possible and i have proof to back it up. it would just take a really long time to type out. but trust me, isiah sucks, the knicks suck, and knicks fans think they know so much more than everyone else and in reality, they know the least. knicks are pathetic. period.

<font color="Red">Watch the language, your posts are really unacceptable, and I will be reporting this. - Knicks Analyst</font>

5. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Watch the language again! Read the guidelines for goodness sakes!! [​IMG] You said it once before I got the chance to finish reading your other post. I could care less if you hate the Knicks or not. Many people do however, your post up there shows your ignorance. You say Knick fans think they know the most and everything when you obviously don't know anything more than them when you post like that. You said they can get this one and that one but you don't want to post why? That seperates bad posters from great posters which happen to be in this very forum. You are pathetic for ever posting this. PERIOD.

6. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

I think another reason why this team is so bad is due to the pressure of being in NY and the need to make the playoffs each and every year. I mean what is the point of making the playoffs if you are not building for a championship?

In the end short sightedness killed the Knicks. I agree with mrj18, I think Isiah should be fired and replaced with someone who is more concerned with winning a championship than making the playoffs each year.

7. TnNeG

TnNeG NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Don't ever post here knickstroll. All you ever came to do was cause trouble. Don't take out your anger on the knicks forum. It is a top quality forum and has more quality than what you will ever write. If you don't respect the wishes of us then don't ever post your crap here EVER again. We have a clean forum and don't appreciate you trashing it up. Tommorow is thursday and on my block that's when the trash gets cleaned up. Maybe you and your posts should take a visit to where they belong.
    [​IMG]

8. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Thank you TNG, I could not have said it better myself! [​IMG]

9. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?