Mav Notes

Discussion in 'Dallas Mavericks' started by Shapecity, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">DALLAS - The Mavericks got some much-needed reinforcements Tuesday, as Marquis Daniels was activated and Josh Howard played for the first time in three games.

Daniels had missed the previous 14 games with a sore left ankle, but said before the Mavs' 109-104 victory over Miami at American Airlines Center that his ankle was without pain and feeling well.

Acting coach Avery Johnson said Daniels "looked the best that I've seen him this year" at practice.

"He's going to need some time to knock off some rust, but some players come back and look like they didn't miss a beat," Johnson said.

In 16 minutes against the Heat, Daniels had four points and five rebounds.

"You have to worry about how your wind is going to be and not try to think about what happened with your ankle," Daniels said. "I just want to go out and play and try to help the team the best I can."

Daniels will continue to rehabilitate his ankle and have it taped for practices and games.

Meanwhile, Howard made his way into the starting lineup again after missing three games with back spasms only four games after being out with an upper respiratory infection.

Johnson said the Mavs are being a little more cautious with Howard, who played 28 minutes and finished with 11 points and five rebounds.

"He's really been wiped out with the back and the sickness," Johnson said.

But having Daniels and Howard -- both second-year players -- back leaves Johnson encouraged, because the Mavs are now at full strength for practices.

"We had 15 guys go to practice," Johnson said. "I hadn't seen that all year. That's pretty good."</div>
    Source

2. Windmill360?

Windmill360? JBB JustBBall Member

Extremely needed reinforcements; and their return brings back two key defensive players.