Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Drunkballer, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Drunkballer

Drunkballer JBB JustBBall Member

Seeing as our trade thread is overcrowded and played out. I figured we should make a thread dedicated specifically to deadline deals. With the deadline being Feb 21, exactly 2 weeks away the Raptors figure to be play a part in the deals.

The scenario is this that raps will most likely miss the playoffs.They have 2 picks in next years draft likely both in the 7-13 range. They have some valuable commodities:

Jalen Rose
    Donyell Marshall
    Rafer Alston ( after his blow-up/suspension could be on the block )
    Alonzo Mourning ( he's getting healthy, might get bought out or traded)
    Lamond Murray (cause he can hit the three)

Basically with the Raps having a new front office/coach no one is untouchable. So post some plausible trades and refute stupid ones.

2. Drunkballer

Drunkballer JBB JustBBall Member

I'l get it started:

Here is a trade i would love to see: Raptors send Donyelle Marshall and a 1st round pick to seattle for Flip Murray 5pts, 1ast, 1rip and Reggie Evans 5pts 9 rips a game.

Reasons why to make this trade:
    Raps will lose marshall end of the season.
    get 2 promising young players Evans is a rebounding machine, Murray can score. Averaging 18 a game in his last 2 starts replacing Allen.
    Add's depth and players would likely fit into mitchells system.

Reasons why not to make this trade:
    Raptors think they can improve better through the draft.
    Believe they can re-sign marshall or there are better offers out there for them. Or they feel they are giving up too much.

3. Proz4k

Proz4k JBB JustBBall Member

No man! on the trade list there are:

D-Marsh
    L.Murray
    E.Williams (cause he can't hit the three)
    A.Williams

Milt, Rose- Not on the trade list for this season

4. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

I think Rose is on the block. He has been playing great, but I think that he isn't in our long term plans.

Rose - if we knew he was going to stay he would be nice to keep as well.
    Marshall - I'd love to keep the guy if we could
    Murray - can be effective if receives minutes and uses his common sense. There was a good stretch where he played well.
    Zo - still has value, very likely to be traded
    Aaron Williams
    not sure about E. Dub, I think he'll come around.

Rafer, I think it would be unwise to trade him this early. I think he had good reason to get pissed that the Raps lost to Charlette, and his teammates weren't putting any effort into practice.

5. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Bosh and Marshall and a 2005 1st round pick for Moochie Norris throw in.
    ^Joke of the year?

Anyway, maybe acquiring Glenn Robinson will do some good. Losing 12 million in cap is a pretty decent thing.

6. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

I want a PG that can play D. Mike James fits that, but he's more of a 2 Guard...others team can offer more for him than us.

I'd like to add Brian Skinner to the team. I hated him last year cuz he ate the Raps up. He's a beast inside, I was hoping we could do some Marshall trade for Skinner...but I guess Babcock thinks he can do better, or is scared of Skinners contract, even though I think he's worth it in this market...

7. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

i dont think we should give up on rafer just yet. he's still a lot better then he was last year, and with a full year of starting under his belt, and playing in coach mitchells system, i think he can be the point guard that we want.

people give him flack for taking pull up 3's...etc...but show me one point guard who doesnt? jason kidd does it ALL the time, bibby does it, GP, cassell, chucky, chancey does it HELLA lots...the guy who handles the ball the most is going to make some bad descisions here and there...and we should just learn to live with it

he doesnt turn the ball over very much, and he can pretty much take anyone in the league off the bounce...so i say keep him. plus he's barely making 5mill a year...thats a bargain compared to almost any other starting pg in the league

i say we get rid of:

lammond - id trade him to just about anyone if they gave us a 2nd rounder and a can of beans in return

donyell - someone looking to make a playoff push is bound to want him...he wont resign, so we need to get somethin back for him

eric williams - decent utility man...someone's gonna want him. his heart obviously just isnt in it here in toronto. hes struggling to say the least

loren woods - he can be a throw-in to make salarys work. the guys obviously got no work ethic

alonzo - i hope someone is dumb enough to take him off our hands

aaron williams - see above ^

8. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">i dont think we should give up on rafer just yet. he's still a lot better then he was last year, and with a full year of starting under his belt, and playing in coach mitchells system, i think he can be the point guard that we want.

people give him flack for taking pull up 3's...etc...but show me one point guard who doesnt? jason kidd does it ALL the time, bibby does it, GP, cassell, chucky, chancey does it HELLA lots...the guy who handles the ball the most is going to make some bad descisions here and there...and we should just learn to live with it

he doesnt turn the ball over very much, and he can pretty much take anyone in the league off the bounce...so i say keep him. plus he's barely making 5mill a year...thats a bargain compared to almost any other starting pg in the league

i say we get rid of:

lammond - id trade him to just about anyone if they gave us a 2nd rounder and a can of beans in return

donyell - someone looking to make a playoff push is bound to want him...he wont resign, so we need to get somethin back for him

eric williams - decent utility man...someone's gonna want him. his heart obviously just isnt in it here in toronto. hes struggling to say the least

loren woods - he can be a throw-in to make salarys work. the guys obviously got no work ethic

alonzo - i hope someone is dumb enough to take him off our hands

aaron williams - see above ^</div>

1st off, I think off all the point guards you listed, I bet that all of them have a better FG% than Rafer is at the moment.

However I agree, that we should have some patience with Rafer, because I think he will work out well with Toronto.

Regarding Zo, I think Miami is quite interested in Zo. He is an efficient player, and Miami does need a real center to back up shaq. Zo is a force down low, compare him to Doleac, lmao. I wouldn't sell Zo short, or call Pat Riley stupid if he trades for him.

I also think that we should have a little patience with E Dub. I think we should keep him the entire season. If he is still struggling at the end of the season, then trade him during the summer.