what will you be watching?

Discussion in 'College Football' started by bakes781, Sep 13, 2006.

1. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

Have you seen this weekend's schedule:

LSU v. Auburn

Florida v. Tennessee

Michigan v. Notre Dame

Oklahoma v. Oregon

Louisville v. Miami

Florida State v. Clemson

Nebraska v. USC

any predictions?

2. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Louisville Cardinals vs Miami Hurricanes. Yes, I will be rooting AGAINST Miami.

3. cubuffsman78

cubuffsman78 nfl-*****s member

It's a tough choice with Auburn/LSU on at the same time as Michigan/Notre Dame....

Oklahoma/Oregon will be on at that time too so there's 3 games that are worth watching all on different channels at the same time.

And it doesn't get any better in primetime with Nebraska/USC, Clemson/Florida St. and Florida/Tennessee on at the same time...

Even worse for me is that Arizona St. and Colorado is also on at the same time as the later games.

My remote might be breaking from all the use it's going to get this weekend....

4. bakes781

It's days like Saturday that I'm thankful I got my dvr [​IMG]

5. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I am not saying this to send MOS to the laughing academy (Well. Maybe a little. ROFL) but the SEC rules.

So, I'll be watching Auburn/LSU (Rooting for Auburn) & Tenn/Fla. Go Gators.

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Everything!! I will be flipping from game to game. Going from TV to TV. It will be a busy Saturday.

I'm very excited about the Flordia vs. Tennessee game and Nebraska vs. USC

I also am looking forward to Auburn vs. LSU

Michigan vs. Notre Dame I'll be watching during the day. Being a Badger fan I want ND to win this one.

7. bengals_girl

bengals_girl nfl-*****s member

LSU vs. Auburn and all I can say is Geaux Tigahs!!!!

8. tim tolan 5

tim tolan 5 nfl-*****s member

I of course will be watching The Michigan Wolverines @ The Notre Dame Fighting Irish...Irish win big...get to watch it at my favorite place i can not wait for this weekend...and the jets beat the pats...GO IRISH!!

9. bakes781

Here's who I like on Saturday:

Auburn
    Tennessee
    Notre Dame
    Oregon
    Miami
    Florida State
    USC

10. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

LSU over Auburn

LSU has more talent in my opinion and has been overlooked all year long. Russell has emerged and they can run the ball well and the WR's are very talented. The defense needs to stop Kenny Irons though and make Brandon Cox beat them with his arm. If Auburn can't run they can't win and I think LSU can slow down Irons enough.

Florida over Tennessee

I like Florida in this one. Tennessee doesn't have as much as talent as Florida. The Gators are a legit BCS Title contender. There defense is very strong and the offense is making strides. Chris Leak has to many weapons around him. The only question might be the offensive line. Tennessee was able to take out California but Florida is a whole different story. Ainge is yet to show me he can win in a big game as well. I don't think he can handle the pressure of a Florida vs. Tennessee game. We'll see.

Notre Dame over Michigan

Michigan hasn't looked very good early on. They struggled a bit in week 1 against Vanderbilt and Henne doesn't look any better than last year. Mike Hart is the key for them but if he's stopped then ND walks away with this one. I don't know how Michigan is going to stop the ND offense. Quinn and Walker should have a big game.

Oregon over OU

The Ducks are going to win this game by default. OU will struggle because Paul Thompson won't be able to provide a legit passing attack. It's easy to run through the small schools but against one of the best in the Pac 10, OU will have trouble. I like Oregon to walk away with a victory. Dennis Dixon should play well and the defense should come up big.

Miami over Louisville

Without Michael Bush, Louisville is going to have trouble winning this game. I like Louisville but Miami's defense is good. They were good last year and they'll be good this year. Kyle Wright should be able to move the ball and the running game needs to get going. Brian Brohm can't win this one on his own in my opinion. This game will likely be the closes one of the day. Could go either way but without Bush I like Miami.

Clemson over FSU

FSU is overrated. Weatherford is a decent QB in my opinion. I think he'll struggle a bit as he has in the past and I think the running game will struggle. I expect Clemson to run the ball and win a close one. I also think Gaines Adams is going to have a huge game as I just don't see how anyone on FSU can stop him from getting at Weatherford. If he gets at him he'll cause some poor throws and unlike Troy, Clemson will move the ball and close it out.

USC over Nebraska

USC has more talent. They continue to recruit better than any other team in college football. John David Booty is legit. Anyone who thought otherwise probably didn't know he was one of the top rated QB's coming out of High School and has been in this offense for 4 years now. The running game will be solid and Jarrett should have a big game. Nebraska is getting better but there not at this level yet. I like USC by at least 2 Touchdowns.

11. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

12. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

sadly i won't be watching any.. i have to work [​IMG]

13. cubuffsman78

cubuffsman78 nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'>sadly i won't be watching any.. i have to work [​IMG]</div>
    Ouch! I know how that feels. I'm glad I have a job where I'm off on the weekends now.

Speaking of games to watch...there's one rivalry that's on right now that always seems to fly below the radar, but Iowa/Iowa St. never ceases to be a game worth watching. Iowa St. has won 6 of the last 8 games in this rivalry. Right now, Drew Tate just tied the game up at 17 with a td pass down the seam. This is really turning into a great rivalry matchup.

14. Thoth

The Auburn/LSU game with 4:16 left in the 1st half has dare I say been a real dog fight? Flaky kicker. Go Auburn.

Michigan (glory. Hallelulah.) is laying wood to the Irish. 27-7 Wolverines early in the 2nd. Bettis needs to stop whining up in the booth and see if he has any eligibility left. LOL.

ABC is showing Oregon here for the 3rd week in a row w/ Dan Fouts calling it. Oregon is ahead. Go Ducks! Love the unis.

15. Thoth

I have seen Vince Young w/ better passing mechanics and accuracy; his name is JaMarcus Russell. He and Troy Smith are 2 of the "new breed" of QB's I like and think and be successful at the next level.

The drawback to this game is the Play by play guy (Craig Bolerjack). He used to work and still lives in SLC. He is not so much the BYU propagandist now that he has witnessed real college football for the past few years.

16. Thoth

Michigan 40 ND 21. Twelve minutes and change left in the game. SFSG

17. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Wisconsin plays @ Michigan next week. Hopefully PJ Hill can have a big game as he's pretty much the entire offense this year much like Caulhon was last year. Although the Badgers do have some guys behind him that run hard. The Defense is solid this year and should give Michigan a challenge. I don't extect a W out of Wisconsin but they'll be no push over. The Badgers have fielded a lot of good teams and Bilema isn't changing that.

18. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

[​IMG]
    Now for a cheer they are here, triumphant!
    Here they come with banners flying,
    In stalwart step they're nighing,
    With shouts of vict'ry crying,
    We hurrah, hurrah, we greet you now,
    Hail!

Far we their praises sing
    For the glory and fame they've bro't us
    Loud let the bells them ring
    For here they come with banners flying
    Far we their praises tell
    For the glory and fame they've bro't us
    Loud let the bells them ring
    For here they come with banners flying
    Here they come, Hurrah!

Hail! to the victors valiant
    Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
    Hail! Hail! to Michigan
    the leaders and best
    Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
    the champions of the West!

We cheer them again
    We cheer and cheer again
    For Michigan, we cheer for Michigan
    We cheer with might and main
    We cheer, cheer, cheer
    With might and main we cheer!

Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
    the champions of the West!

19. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wisconsin plays @ Michigan next week. Hopefully PJ Hill can have a big game as he's pretty much the entire offense this year much like Caulhon was last year. Although the Badgers do have some guys behind him that run hard. The Defense is solid this year and should give Michigan a challenge. I don't extect a W out of Wisconsin but they'll be no push over. The Badgers have fielded a lot of good teams and Bilema isn't changing that.</div>
    Scoring only 14 against San Diego St (a bottom tier MWC) does not bode well.

20. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

yeah Michigan is really starting to look scary right now, Them and Iowa are the only two team I really fear for Buckeyes to face.