Philly 76ers: Sixers Eye Division Crown

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Shapecity, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">As is his custom, Iverson opts for more of a glass half-full viewpoint.

"I feel good about where we're at," said Iverson, voted the MVP of Sunday's NBA All-Star Game in Denver. "I have to. I don't think we're that far off. We still have an opportunity to do what we want to get done and that's win the Atlantic Division. That's the most important thing right now."

First-year coach Jim O'Brien falls somewhere in the middle.

"I think this team is pretty much on track," O'Brien said. "I think we had a lot of new players at the beginning and a new coach. We had a situation where players need to get used to each other and, at the same time, get used to a new system.

"I think I know a heck of a lot more about the players than I knew in training camp. I don't really know players until we go through the grind of the NBA season. I certainly have a better feel for how to better utilize them, their strengths and weaknesses and how groups of players play together, whether it's positive or negative."

O'Brien said his teams "pretty much always" play better after the all-star break, citing familiarity, understanding what is expected and developing a mental toughness with his defensive system as the primary factors for that happening.</div> Source