Official Game Thread: Trail Blazers @ Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by cheen0, Mar 16, 2005.

1. cheen0

cheen0 JBB JustBBall Member

well since nobody has started this thread yet maybe i should
    game starts at 7:30 and is on FSN and NBALP and the rockets are looking to further extend their 5 game winning streak. and maybe tonight would be a good time to figure out how our PF position will be like with juwann out and figure out something.

EDIT: is somebody going to do the preview? because i would do one if i knew how haha maybe somebody can show me how and can make some previews in the future.

2. ronin

ronin JBB JustBBall Member

As you guys have predicted, JVG opt to play weatherspoon at 4, lets hope the best out of him.. GO ROCKETSS!!!!

3. ronin

additional note :

one of the rockets' coaching staff said that they'll try to put weatherspoon and padgett 24 minutes each, and sometimes can play ryan bowen and t-mac at 4..

one last solution is to find a player from NBDL or sign a free agent like KARL MALONE... looks like the last option is very impossible for me..

4. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Magnomonkey was scheduled for this preview. Sorry about it guys, on behalf of him.

As for the game, we're missing Howard but the good thing about this game is that Zach Randolph isn't avaliable for the Blazers. Without their top scorer/rebounder and playing on the road, Portland might find it hard to win. However, Shareef Abdur-Rahim is still a handful for whoever starts at power forward to guard. We'll get over it though.

Rockets by 8.

5. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

Rockets Look to win 5 in a row, against Portland
    March 16, 2005
    Toyota Center, Houston, Texas
    Game Time: 8:30 CT, FSNSW (Local)

Probable Line-ups:

<div align="center"><font color="red"> Rockets
    [​IMG]

Here it is guys, Rockets by 13.

6. bplld

bplld JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, 41 points with a little less than 10 minutes still left in the quarter. If Portland doesnt do something, we are gonna put up a whole lot of points tonight. Good thing randolf isnt there, he sort of cancels out howard. And the rockets get lucky once again.

7. cheen0

haha did anybody hear that? tracey with a facey haha

8. cheen0

and magno game started at 7:30 central time

9. SHUHEI

SHUHEI JBB JustBBall Member

Why always T-mac bad in HOME GAME????

10. ronin

i would say bobby sura is really playing well tonight, he regains his old form.. our backcourt is playing tremendously.. mr automatic wesley is yet to miss a shot, he is 7/7 and 2/2 from 3 point line..

11. T-Clutch-Mac

T-Clutch-Mac JBB JustBBall Member

Ya, loving Bobby Sura's game tonight. Getting those rebounds and reclaiming his shot.
    Im liking this lineup of Sura, T-Mac, Wesley, Padgett and Yao/Mutumbo, very explosive.

*Note* Portland is a bad team, who is, not to mention, losing like 3 starters. So im not sure how much we can take from this game anyways.

12. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

Final Score 108-77

That's 6 In A Row

13. chineseafro

chineseafro JBB JustBBall Member

This game was worthless, its like the A team playing the B team in high school.

14. Trip

Student
    Worthless or not, I'll still take the win. Next up is the red-hot Boston game, so it might be a bit of a challenge as Antonie Walker's all-around game might be hard for our PF's to contend with.

15. Dan Le

Dan Le JBB JustBBall Member

I thought this was my game? anyway I was at school so couldn't do it, sorry guys! anyway i'm glad we won this, sure they didn't have alot of their players but that won't show up on the standings, we got our win and i'm happy! Yao & T-Mac were pretty mediocre at best, Wesley and Sura were on fire though! Weatherspoon seemed ok but got into foul trouble..thats all I can say I guess...

16. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I thought this was my game? anyway I was at school so couldn't do it, sorry guys!</div>

I guess me an Trip were lookin at the old schedule, eh Trip? [​IMG]

I better delete that..

Great win for the Rockets, I can see it going to 9. Boston, Minnesota, Miami.. maybe we'd lose to Miami, but another 8 game winning streak doesn't hurt anyone, does it?

A win is a win, even when you're playing a team missing two pivitol players.

I think we could go to 8 easily, but the Heat and Cavs games are two real important ones. But 11 in a row is realistic. Boston, Minnesota, Miami, Cleveland, and New Orleans. Of course, without Juwan it might be hard, but everyone else seemed to step up for him. Though the rebounding is still lacking.

Our next 3 games against East teams really define us as a team. Let's hope we win those too.

17. Da_Future_2k5

Da_Future_2k5 JBB Banned Member

u guys see that Travis Outlaw dunk on Yao??? WOW

18. TMac2thRak

TMac2thRak JBB JustBBall Member

Don't worry, Yao and TMac were just saving themselves for the hot Celtic team coming up [​IMG]

Biggest win of the season today, 31pt margin... really glad to have Sura back with his old (winning) ways...

19. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I guess me an Trip were lookin at the old schedule, eh Trip? </div>Nah, we go by the official schedule in our forum, it's stickied at the top. Just remember you're after Aznxballer's games. Next time, remember to post your previews a bit earlier though, not at the last minute. I'd like to start discussions early.

20. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

well I didn't see the game, but I heard Yao only shot the ball like 5 times..............anywayz we got the win..........we better be ready on Friday, because Boston has been playing great as of late