D-Wade's hangtime

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by ksc6000, Mar 22, 2005.

1. ksc6000

ksc6000 JBB JustBBall Member

Is it just me or does Dwayne Wade have some of the sickest hangtime ever. I mean, he could eat a sandwich up there if he wanted to. He doesn't seem to get up that high...but he stays up there for a long time, however high he does get. It's seroiusly amazing, everytime I watch him run for a dunk, especially that facial on KG (which you can see by going to www.nba.com/sprite ), and he goes up, and there's like no way that he's gonna be able to dunk that, I'm positive he's gonna lay it up, but then he finishes, and I jump off my couch everytime. I am continually impressed by this young fella. How about you guys?

2. Tracy1

Tracy1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ksc6000:</div><div class="quote_post">Is it just me or does Dwayne Wade have some of the sickest hangtime ever. I mean, he could eat a sandwich up there if he wanted to. He doesn't seem to get up that high...but he stays up there for a long time, however high he does get. It's seroiusly amazing, everytime I watch him run for a dunk, especially that facial on KG (which you can see by going to www.nba.com/sprite ), and he goes up, and there's like no way that he's gonna be able to dunk that, I'm positive he's gonna lay it up, but then he finishes, and I jump off my couch everytime. I am continually impressed by this young fella. How about you guys?</div>
    Yeah, everytime i think there's no way he can dunk that but he still throws it down.

3. pb1300

pb1300 JBB JustBBall Member

Wade has a 39 inch vert.

4. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Dwayne Wade is only 6'4, but according to 82games.com 10% of his field goals are dunks! That has to be some sort of record for a 6'4 player.

Compare that to 8% for LeBron, 7% for KG, and 5% for Kobe.

5. Accord

Accord JBB JustBBall Member

The reason it looks like he's got so much hangtime is because he is pretty short (by NBA standards) and has a giant vertical.

6. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

You know, Wade doens't have too much vertical leap. I was surprised to find that his leap is only 35 when I thought it would be around 40. 35 is still great but it's much less than I thought...He's 6'4" and has a wingspan of 6'10" that's amazing. That makes him a great dunker even with a lack of leaping compared to other great dunkers in the NBA. But yeah, his hangtime is amazing. Remember that alley oop against the Lakers when he stayed in the air after catching the pass? I know it's only for a split second but it looked forever until he finally dunked it.

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Wow, I never knew Wade's wingspan was 6'10 ... that's incredible. I think Wade's quickness also gives the illusion of extended hang time. He also has great body control to adjust in the air and improvise around the defender or to a pass.

8. MajorP&M

MajorP&M JBB JustBBall Member

agreed. His vertical leap isn't all that spectacular, seems like he never gets higher than he needs to, but his hangtime and body control is as good as anyone

9. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Wade and T-Mac both have great hangtime IMO. They both can really rise up and have perfect timing for a huge throwdown.