NBA Draft: Harris Mullin to Enter Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Shapecity, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> He's been to three different high schools and signed to play next year at Nebraska, but Will Harris wants to play in only one place next season.

"The NBA is on my mind 100 percent right now," said Harris, who actually became an NCAA qualifier last year but decided to play a fifth year of high school ball. "I feel that I'm the top high school player in the country, so why not?"

The 6-6 Harris would not say he would definitely make the leap, but he came close.

"I won't say there's no way I won't go to Nebraska," Harris said. "But in my mind, I know I'm ready and I see myself in the NBA next year. If everybody else can do it, why not me?"

Some league scouts think there are several reasons why it shouldn't be the 220-pound, 18-year-old from Queens. A 20-year age restriction is being discussed as the league and players try to work out a new collective bargaining agreement.

"He's just not there yet," one scout said. "He hasn't shown that he belongs there."

Recruiting expert Tom Konchalski was aghast when told of Harris' potential plan, saying he would be "making a mistake."</div> Source

2. J-Smoove

J-Smoove JBB JustBBall Member

Don't be like Jackie Butler and enter the draft when you're so under-the-radar. Honestly, can anyone even say that this kid is the best highschool player in the nation?

Can anyone find any stats/bio on this kid?

3. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

" I Won't say there's no way I won't go to Nebraska" is such poor grammer it's incoherent. Nebraska could get investigated for alleging this guy passed the SAT exam. Otherwise, never heard of him. He had better hope they expand the draft to 3 rounds.