Kings lock up playoff spot

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by harbingerofdoom, Apr 11, 2005.

1. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

With the win in Portland, the Kings have locked up a playoff spot.
    The only question remaining is what spot will they have?
    Currently they are sitting 5th ahead of the Rockets. with one game in LA, two against the suns and the Jazz remaining on the schedule, what spot in the playoffs do you think they will get? I am thinking they will remain in the 5th spot in the west meaning a matchup with Dallas.

Your thoughts?

2. stkf

stkf BBW Member

same... 5th prob.

im hopin 5-0 or 4-1 or 3-2 headin towards the playoffs

3. cula

cula JBB JustBBall Member

it seems they will keep the 5th spot, i am just wondering if it would be better to match up against a hurting seatle than a very good dallas team.

4. stkf

stkf BBW Member

yeah... lose on purpose lol

5. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

i want seattle

6. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

I hate to break it to you, but Seattle would win the series in 5 if they were to play Sac.

This will be one of the first years in a long time that Sacramento hasn't had homecourt in the playoffs, and even when they've had it in the past they have still lost.

This is also a team that doesn't have a proven leader. A team that is just starting to gel. The first playoffs series without Vlade and Webber. Even when the Kings score 120 and win, they are still giving up 100+ points. If they go up against Dallas, the Kings lack of defense will result in their downfall.

7. stkf

stkf BBW Member

Kings could beat both.. they just eed to play consistent like they have been these past 6 games

8. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I hate to break it to you, but Seattle would win the series in 5 if they were to play Sac.</div> I hate to break it to you, but that statement is entirely speculative.However its pretty reasonable to say the Kings have a better shot at playing more games in the playoffs if they get seattle in the 1st round instead of dallas.<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">This will be one of the first years in a long time that Sacramento hasn't had homecourt in the playoffs, and even when they've had it in the past they have still lost.</div> Really? I dont remember the Kings ever losing in the first round of the playoffs without homecourt advantage.Maybe to dallas when they lost Webber.Stop hating [​IMG]

9. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">I hate to break it to you, but that statement is entirely speculative.However its pretty reasonable to say the Kings have a better shot at playing more games in the playoffs if they get seattle in the 1st round instead of dallas. </div>

Actually you would have a better chance going against Dallas. In a Kings-Mavs series whoever shoots a better fg % and gets more second chance points will win the series. If the Kings get Seattle (assuming that Seattle gets its players back) you will be trying to score against a team that actually plays defense.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Really? I dont remember the Kings ever losing in the first round of the playoffs without homecourt advantage.Maybe to dallas when they lost Webber.Stop hating [​IMG]</div>

I never said that the Kings have lost in the first round, I simply said that they have lost to lower seeded teams when they have had homecourt. The never won a series against the Lakers. Then, the Kings were a better team than they are now. You traded your best player, and your leader left for your rival team. Your back-up point guard and starting center are both injured. The Kings will go out in the first round, unless they magically win the west and end up playing Memphis [​IMG].

10. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

^ you still failed to realize that Dallas is flat out better than Seattle.

11. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GiantMidget:</div><div class="quote_post">^ you still failed to realize that Dallas is flat out better than Seattle.</div>

Regardless of whether or not that is true, Dallas is a better matchup for you.

12. cula

cula JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">Regardless of whether or not that is true, Dallas is a better matchup for you.</div>
    i have to support the midget person here and say that seattle would still be better. kings probably have better defence since web has left and a deeper bench. you could also argue that it may potentially be a bit less of a running team, the sort of team you seem to be refering to when comparing them with dallas.

seattle has been relying a lot on their outside shooting (which is very good) but does not necessarily win you playoff series. also with the current seattle injuries and the sort of losing run they are currently on - one would have to feel they would be the better option. also sacramento does not have such a bad record on the road at 19-19.

13. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">Actually you would have a better chance going against Dallas. In a Kings-Mavs series whoever shoots a better fg % and gets more second chance points will win the series. If the Kings get Seattle (assuming that Seattle gets its players back) you will be trying to score against a team that actually plays defense. </div>actually, it depends on what kings team shows up.
    the Kings have proven they can beat any team in the leage this year if they play their 'A' game. they have also proven they can loose to any team if they play a more one-on-one game without picking up the assists and playing to the strengths of the team they have on the floor.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> You traded your best player, and your leader left for your rival team. Your back-up point guard and starting center are both injured. The Kings will go out in the first round, unless they magically win the west and end up playing Memphis [​IMG].</div>
    ...and got three big men to replace him that are doing pretty dang good.
    ...our 6th man pg is injured... our backup pg is playing pretty amazingly all things considered. House has a fairly good shot and has picked up running the offense very well. He isnt going to be 6th man any time soon, but he could be starting on a lot of teams out there.
    ... Miller should be back for the playoffs... dunno if it will actually happen, but thats the goal right now.

...quit hatin...

14. sactomofo

sactomofo BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">I hate to break it to you, but Seattle would win the series in 5 if they were to play Sac.

</div> bahahahahahaahahahaha!!!!!!

Sacto is gonna crush Seattle