I just wanna say...

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Roland Hood, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

I love playoff basketball.

The defensive intensity, guys diving on the floor, and it's truly awesome to see a great player raise his game.

I mean when you see these superstar players with talent and heart step up in a pressure situation it's - in the words of Craig Ehlo - unbelievable.

Paul Pierce, Tracy McGrady, the coming out of upcoming guys like Ben Gordon, it's just a pleasure to watch.

2. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

It tells you a lot about certain players.

A run into the second round will do wonders for Nick, Luke, Damien and even Rashard. Hopefully these guys can all bounce back and make their mark on the Kings.

3. Roland Hood

Indeed. There are good players, hell, even great players and then there are the superstar max players that step up in the playoffs.

4. Roland Hood

Anyone else see Vin Baker's sorry ass on the Houston bench?

5. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

There is no comparison between the NBA Playoffs and the NCAA Tournament.

Only the World Championships/Olympics has an environment similar to this. The NCAA Tournament is great for the fans b/c of the brackets, but this is the top level of basketball. Anyone who would rather watch the likes of Syracuse vs. Vermont over these tightly contested ball games are not true fans of basketball.

It doesn't get any better than this.

6. Roland Hood

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Iron Shiek:</div><div class="quote_post">There is no comparison between the NBA Playoffs and the NCAA Tournament.

Only the World Championships/Olympics has an environment similar to this. The NCAA Tournament is great for the fans b/c of the brackets, but this is the top level of basketball. Anyone who would rather watch the likes of Syracuse vs. Vermont over these tightly contested ball games are not true fans of basketball.

It doesn't get any better than this.</div>

The NCAA's are great for what they are but these are the best, most talented players going all out. You can't beat that.

The defensive intensity is absolutely crazy out there.

7. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">There is no comparison between the NBA Playoffs and the NCAA Tournament.

Only the World Championships/Olympics has an environment similar to this. The NCAA Tournament is great for the fans b/c of the brackets, but this is the top level of basketball. Anyone who would rather watch the likes of Syracuse vs. Vermont over these tightly contested ball games are not true fans of basketball.</div>

A lot of people watch college basketball for different reasons though, such as school loyalty. It's a lot easier to get emotionally attatched to a school/team and get caught up in March Madness than it is the NBA playoffs. Perhaps the NBA Playoffs are the true tournament for "basketball fans", but for your average person it seems like the NCAA Tournament is more appealing.

8. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

The two games last night were great, I also liked the Denver & Spurs game, especially the outcome. I like watching how teams adjust to one another, and how the minor role players can impact a series. It's a weird experience without the Lakers being in it though.

9. Coolguy777

Coolguy777 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">The two games last night were great, I also liked the Denver & Spurs game, especially the outcome. I like watching how teams adjust to one another, and how the minor role players can impact a series. It's a weird experience without the Lakers being in it though.</div>

A good experience [​IMG]

10. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Roland Hood:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyone else see Vin Baker's sorry ass on the Houston bench?</div>
    [​IMG] I guess it shows us the dangers of alcohol. Have you seen him play this season?

11. Roland Hood

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG] I guess it shows us the dangers of alcohol. Have you seen him play this season?</div>

Nope. I assume he's just a shell of his former self, as he has been for years now.

All that talent....6-11 with a handle and great lost post moves, all gone to waste.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pwn3d!:</div><div class="quote_post">A run into the second round will do wonders for Nick, Luke, Damien and even Rashard. Hopefully these guys can all bounce back and make their mark on the Kings.</div>

One thing about Nick, he comes from a big time program that went to the final four all the time (I think). Should bode well for his postseason play.

12. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Roland Hood:</div><div class="quote_post">One thing about Nick, he comes from a big time program that went to the final four all the time (I think). Should bode well for his postseason play.</div>

Put up 18/22 in the title game against Syracuse too.

13. Roland Hood

Hopefully no one minds me putting some general playoff thoughts in this thread.

My goodness SA is crushing Denver. Like I said, look at the truly great players respond like Timmy on a gimpy ankle. Inside, outside and all over the glass, all within the offense too.

14. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I thought all 3 games were boring last night, 3 games...3 blowouts. I'm sure as Sonics fans you didn't mind blowing out Sacramento, but I like the close games in post-season. Tonight is more of the same. The Spurs are crushing the Nuggets like Roland Hood mentioned and the Wizards were crushing the Bulls earlier.

The games in the East have been so lopsided. I think they should have just had the Heat and Pistons play a best out of 15 game series.

15. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Roland Hood:</div><div class="quote_post">
    My goodness SA is crushing Denver. Like I said, look at the truly great players respond like Timmy on a gimpy ankle. Inside, outside and all over the glass, all within the offense too.</div>

They came out breathing fire, were 30 points up before the Nuggets even knew what had hit them.

That being said, Denver still go home sitting pretty at 1-1, although who knows what that sort of loss will do for their confidence.

16. Roland Hood

Barkley made the point that SA got their confidence back, put some doubt in Denver's mind that game 1 was a fluke and more importantly let Duncan get some rest before heading to Co.

Don't know how the altitude will affect the game but like Latrell says 'we'll be playing indoors'

Memphis put up a decent fight against Phoenix, especially an 8 seed against a 1. Just couldn't finish probably due to their youth. Man, Nash really looks like he's playing soccer out there with all his tricky hesitation moves.

17. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Memphis gave the Suns a fair bit of trouble in the regular season, in fact a few Suns fans I know said they would have preferred Denver in the first round. That being said, I don't really see Memphis winning 4 of 5.

18. Roland Hood

Really? That suprises me since Denver was the hottest team around and if I recall gave the Suns some tough games down the stretch.

Also I noticed Stro and Bonzi didn't play last night. Don't know if they were hurt or in Fratello's doghouse.

19. Roland Hood

Haha! You gotta love Mutombo (when he's not playing your team). He just blocked Jason Terry and had the prescence of mind in the middle of an intense elimination game to do the finger wave to the crowd.

I can't remember the game exactly but he blocked Carmelo's dunk but Kenyon got it back and dunked on him. So he turns around, finds 'Melo and does the finger wave [​IMG]

20. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Wow, I just got back into the loop after a crazy weekend, and that is one huge result for the Mavericks.

Massive.