'Alfred' Angry at 'Jokers'

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by Shapecity, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">MIAMI -- Don't call Damon Jones "Alfred" any more. The Heat's chatty shooting guard has quickly grown tired of the comparison. Jones shot back at TNT commentators Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith yesterday, taking umbrage at comments they made about Jones following Game 2 of the series with the Nets.

Barkley and Smith were having fun with Jones, comparing him to Alfred the Butler on the Batman show, with Shaquille O'Neal and Dwyane Wade playing the more glamorous roles of Batman and Robin.

Jones was also upset over comments Barkley made about the sunglasses he wore to the postgame press conference, glasses the NBA told Jones not to wear again.

"Charles Barkley gave me some (grief) about it," he said. "The only reason he did that is because he don't look as good as I do. He can't find sunglasses to fit his big, fat, bald head. He's on the stage to get at a lot of people for a lot of different things. I'm just shooting back, that's all."

Jones seemed to enjoy one day of the Alfred jokes but, after watching TNT dress him up with a tuxedo and a toilet brush, he felt offended.

"The Alfred The Butler thing, I'm over that," he said. "I don't want to be Alfred the Butler no more. The plunger and all that. I don't do toilets. I shoot the basketball."

Jones also had a stern message for Barkley's partner.

"And Kenny Smith," he said, "I don't understand what's going on with you. I'm starting to get frustrated with some of your comments about only getting 14 points last night and I should be grateful for that. Come on, man. You know I busted your (butt) all the time in Houston."

Instead of Alfred, Jones had an other moniker he preferred.

"Damon Jones, the most electrifying," he said. </div>

Source [​IMG]

2. briang8818

briang8818 JBB JustBBall Member

Oh man, they really put this guy back in place on TNT. I was rolling when I saw the picture of him with the toilet brush.

Don't talk so much, and you won't get embarassed. Hilarious stuff.

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"Charles Barkley gave me some (grief) about it," he said. "The only reason he did that is because he don't look as good as I do. He can't find sunglasses to fit his big, fat, bald head. He's on the stage to get at a lot of people for a lot of different things. I'm just shooting back, that's all."
    </div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"And Kenny Smith," he said, "I don't understand what's going on with you. I'm starting to get frustrated with some of your comments about only getting 14 points last night and I should be grateful for that. Come on, man. You know I busted your (butt) all the time in Houston."
    </div>

Grow up Damon, please

These guys are commentators and they are there to make wise cracks at players. It's certainly what Barkley does and It's a big reason why TNT is so good. Damon needs to stop taking It so seriously. Charles does It to wind guys up.

Whats this about busting Kenny Smith's butt? you got to be kidding me right? Damon was a nobody before he got to Miami. He is the last guy that should be taking shots a guy who played a big part in Houston's championship seasons. Doesn' he know how it works these days? you don't talk trash to championship winners unless you have that nice little ring on your finger.

4. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"The Alfred The Butler thing, I'm over that," he said. "I don't want to be Alfred the Butler no more. The plunger and all that. I don't do toilets. I shoot the basketball." </div>

LMAO! This has to be the funniest thing I've heard in weeks.

5. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

Damen jones is nothin but a Derek Fisher. when Shaq leaves he will vanish the same way Fisher did. Remember Dennis scott he disappeared after shaq left Orlando. Damon Jones Stop crying dude Your career will never add up to Chucks or Smiths. And lastly I hope you meet chuck alone in an alley so he can beat your ass you little Bitch.I hope he body slams you the same way he did Shaq!

6. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Grow up Damon, please

These guys are commentators and they are there to make wise cracks at players. It's certainly what Barkley does and It's a big reason why TNT is so good. Damon needs to stop taking It so seriously. Charles does It to wind guys up.

Whats this about busting Kenny Smith's butt? you got to be kidding me right? Damon was a nobody before he got to Miami. He is the last guy that should be taking shots a guy who played a big part in Houston's championship seasons. Doesn' he know how it works these days? you don't talk trash to championship winners unless you have that nice little ring on your finger.</div>
    Yeah it was only a joke. He shouldn't have felt offended. I think Barkley and Smith went even farther joking about other players before.

7. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

It's funny how Damon Jones only mentions that he shoots the basketball, because that's all he can do.

8. briang8818

briang8818 JBB JustBBall Member

Barkley on Jones the next day:

"He should be happy, I was gonna call him Tito Jackson"

[​IMG]

9. heatfan

heatfan JBB JustBBall Member

The funniest nickname for Damon Jones is "Donkey" from Shrek.
    (with Shaq being <font color="Green">Shrek)</font>

10. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Anyone catch TNT tonight? man, that was funny stuff.

11. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyone catch TNT tonight? man, that was funny stuff.</div>
    yeah they are doggin out chuck because me made up a word.LOL!

12. Accord

Accord JBB JustBBall Member

Damon needs to grow up, all he's doing is making himself look like an idiot. Damon Jones is the Freddy Mitchell of the 2005 NBA Playoffs.

13. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

Dayum!! DJ got owned [​IMG]

No body should miss around with Chuck, cause whoever does will be emberrassed on national TV. The designers at TNT are not helping DJ's cause either. Funny stuff. [​IMG]

14. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

Kenny Smith is a bit phony tho....he sits up there and laughs while Sir Charles clowns all his peoples, from Sam Cassell now Damon Jones, I mean these guys hang together every summer down in Houston. But come NBA season Kenny Smith sits on the TNT stage snickling like a little school girl crush at everything Barkley says...I got alot of love for Sir Charles but sometimes his jokes can borderline on disrepectful toward cats, so I dont think Damon Jones is just mad at this one comment, its the overall disrespect that Barkley shows toward guys sometimes.

15. Heat4Life

Heat4Life JBB JustBBall Member

Damon Jones had a big night. Not just that he had 30pts but he shot 10-12 and 7-9 on 3pters. AND he played good defense on Jason Kidd(!!!!!!). Wasn't it that the Nets had an advantage in the backcourt because of Damon Jones?

And he ends up as the MVP of the game having a career night.

DJ's an out going guy who jokes and talks a lot. I think a lot of people are just hatin' on him that he's shining now. After playing for 10 teams in the NBA that always considered him the problem, his placement on the starting lineup put the Heat on a 14 game winning streak and gave them that consistancy that was lacking.

Enjoy the spotlight DJ, you've come a long way from being undrafted to starting on a championship caliber team. Let them keep hatin'.