Rick Adelman Whines

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by 44Thrilla, May 1, 2005.

1. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Adelman is particularly steamed by the rough-and-tumble style of Danny Fortson and Jerome James, and Reggie Evans' flopping disturbs him as well. The Sacramento coach thinks the referees aren't paying attention to the darker side of an otherwise entertaining series.

"I tell you, we've looked at all three games, and it's going to the league," Adelman said after the Kings' workout Saturday. "It's too consistent. They've allowed too much to happen. It's ridiculous what they're allowing to happen. ... After three games, someone should look at that, and when the officials come in here [for Game 4], they should be aware of that."</div>
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2005...tory?id=2050817

2. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Nate just told him "Playoff basketball isn't played in skirts, we're doing what we've done all season."

No one will ever flop as much as Divac, no one.

3. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Well now we know what happens when you spend time making videos, rather than working on perimeter defense.

This time around I won't thank the Kings for not getting it done, but I will congratulate the Supes for getting it done. Still a little disappointed in Rashard though, last I remember he was supposed to be able to shoot.

4. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

The great part about our team is that it will take 24 fouls to get Jerome, Reggie, Danny, and Nick out of the game. And even if that were to happen we can counter with another physical presence in Vitaly.

Rick can whine all he wants about our physical play but the bottom line is that he is giving his own team an excuse to be soft.

What a difference a year makes. Last year we were known as one of the softest teams in the league. This year we have coaches going on the record saying that we are allowed to be too physical. Tell that statement to Danny Fortson and watch his reaction.

Rick better stay on the straight and narrow b/c if he'd ever get knocked on a felony his cell mate wouldn't need to use vaseline for long.

5. psheehy

psheehy Beaten down by the "MAN"

OK, Reggie wins my runner up quote of the year (see Fortson thread for the winner). If I had read this one first, it would have won. This is in response to Aldeman's comment about Reggie's flopping, and his falling down when they turn the AC on.

Quoted by Frank Hughes in the Trib...

?It?s real cold in the gym,? Evans said. ?They need to turn the air off. I am not used to cold weather, I am from Florida. The cold weather bothers me, the AC bothers me a lot. The air bothers me, because I don?t have no balance. I?m going to have to try to talk to somebody to turn the air off.?

6. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

I remember when we used to play Utah and we were the soft ones. Man I used to hate Stockton and Malone with all their antics, not just the way they played but because I knew we couldn't match it.

Felt like we'd already lost the game, especially going into Salt Lake.

I hope the Kings feel that way.