Webster Says He Will Enter NBA Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Shapecity, May 4, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Martell Webster insists the door leading to Washington is still open.

But the 6-foot-7 senior from Seattle Prep all but closed it yesterday by releasing a statement saying that he has "decided to make myself available for the NBA draft."

Contrary to a published report, however, Webster said he still has the option to play at UW.

"I have not signed an agreement with an agent nor have I entered into a verbal agreement with any agent," Webster said in a written statement. "Further, I have not entered into either a written or verbal contract or commitment of any kind to play professional athletics."

Webster's statement also said: "I reserve my right under the NCAA and NBA rules to withdraw my name prior to the draft and attend the University of Washington."

Underclassmen who declare for the draft can withdraw their names by June 21 if they have not hired an agent.

Webster, a swingman who saw his pro stock rise with standout performances at postseason all-star games, would become the first Washington high-schooler to enter the NBA draft without attending college. </div>

Source

2. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

I agree with Webster here, a lot of people in their minds have Webster just as good if not better then Gerald Green on their draft board currently. He should be a good fit in Orlando, or the Clippers. Yet another player that will be picked in the top twenty because of potential though, other the proven players such as Mccants, Head, Stoudamire, Garcia, and Gomes.