Jazz Sign Jerry Sloan to Contract Extension

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Avery, May 12, 2005.

1. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The 2005-06 season will be the 18th for Sloan in Utah. The first 15 resulted in playoff appearances, but the last two have not. The extension will take Sloan through 20 seasons.

"I am extremely pleased Jerry is returning and that he made his decision is such a timely manner," Jazz owner Larry Miller said. "I have watched Jerry closely this past season and he has become energized by teaching these young players the game the way it ought to be played. His constant commitment to this franchise, its players, fans and community are remarkable to me personally and professionally."

Sloan, 63, ranks sixth on the all-time list with 943 wins. He took over in Utah for Frank Layden on December 9, 1988 and has posted a 943-617 record. Sloan guided the Jazz to the NBA Finals in 1997 and 1998.</div>

<div align="center">Source</div>

Good for him. He never gave up on this franchise and despite the losing seasons, he still wants to coach this team. Many coaches would have been long gone if they were in the predicaments Sloan is currently in right now. From missing the Playoffs, his wife illness and so on, he?s still here and coaching. It would be nice to see if he could win a championship ring by the time he retires because among all the coaches in the league he deserves one.

2. spark22

spark22 JBB JustBBall MVP

I'm glad for Sloan. I think that he has been overlooked for many years by the media, maybe by the time he retires he can have a COY trophy as well as a championship. I also think this is good for the Jazz when looking at next season, the team can see what way the Jazz are heading, and I'm hoping that it is up.

3. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Great news for the Jazz. Sloan is a great coach, who gets the most out of his players and he gets the results. Last season was not the way Sloan should go out. Hopefully he can get a COY in the time he has left as the coach of the Jazz.