NBA Playoffs: Spurs Steal Suns Edge with 43 points in 4th Quarter

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Shapecity, May 23, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">They were unfazed by an eight-point hole in the third quarter. They destroyed their opponent with three-pointers. They put the ball through the net as if it were a pizza parlor's pop-a-shot machine.

They played like the Suns and champions all in one.

They are the San Antonio Spurs, who turned as pesky as termites in the Suns' house Sunday. San Antonio knocked down four three-pointers in a 43-point, fourth-quarter deluge that gave the Spurs a 121-114 victory in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals. </div>

Source

2. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

ouch. This game was bad for the suns. I pray they'll bounce back

3. kingrex

kingrex JBB JustBBall Member

The Spurs showed the poise of a team that his been there before, and that is why many have picked them to win the West and even the NBA Finals.

It is no surprise that they were NOT rattled by being down by so much in this game. They rely on their defense, and their efficienct scoring. In this case, timely shooting from the arc.

The Suns are a good team and I do believe they will bounce back, but it is hard NOT to believe that the Spurs will eventually win this series.

4. unbeliever

unbeliever JBB JustBBall Member

I'll say it again, if Shawn Marion had showed up to play basketball, and not just run up and down the court.. the suns would have won. Hopefully he'll be on his game for the next matchup.