Your Skills-Nba Player Skills

Discussion in 'Out of Bounds' started by NJNetz, Jun 10, 2005.

1. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

I thought of makin a thread where you describe yourself as a basketball player. Compare your skills to the skills of Nba players. For Example, Shooting Skills- Allen Iverson, Court Vision- Sam Cassell and so on.. Please be truefull, there is really no point in liein. Ok ill go first

Shooting-Mike Bibby
    Offensive awareness- Jason Kidd
    Defensive awareness- Jason Kidd
    Rebounding- Steve Francis
    Dribbling- Tony Parker
    Assists- Gary Payton( the one like 3-4 yrs ago)
    Athleticism- Dwayne Wade

Thats all i can think of rite now. As i think of more i will update it. OK so now u guys tell me yours and i swear i didnt lie on any of mine

2. pimpdaddy33

pimpdaddy33 JBB JustBBall Member

Wow you know everyone is going to put up NBA superstar comparions. And I'm also sure we have no NBA future players or current ones a part of this forum but here it goes.

Shooting: Kevin Garnett (Form is similiar)
    Offensive Awareness: (How do we compare this)
    Defensive Awareness: ^^
    Rebounding: Dennis Roddman (I have alot of hustle and I am really dirty and physical under the basket)
    Dribbling: Dirk (I dunno can't tell)
    Assists: Vlade (I have some fancy passes)
    Athleticism: Barkley (I think because I play alot like him offensively and deffensively)

This thread is kinda weird. People are always going to put up all-star comparisons. Oh well.

3. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

^^ well lets hope they will be truefull. if they put all superstars we can tell their lieing

4. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

I'll be 100% honest.
    I can't dribble.
    I can't cross over anyone.
    They tell me I have a nice form and I can shoot some long range but that's all.
    I'm 5'11" and can dunk on 10. I don't know how, I never taken any leaping sessions.. I just can. So when I play, they put me against these monsters to get rebounds and block. I would say my comparison would be Dennis Rodman. I ain't as crazy as Rodman but I can board pretty good. But that's all I got. Leaping skills lol

5. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

thnx^ for bein honest.

6. H.ayes

H.ayes JBB JustBBall Member

Shooting: Rasheed Wallace
    Offensive Awareness: Manu Ginobili
    Defensive Awareness: Shawn Marion
    Rebounding: Jeff Foster
    Dribbling: Andrei Kirilenko
    Assists: Drew Gooden
    Athleticism: Manu Ginobili

7. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

^^ wat position u play PF or C?

8. H.ayes

H.ayes JBB JustBBall Member

I'm actually more of a SF/PF. I have guard tendencies on the drive and can shoot the midrange shot but am also a good post defender. Almost like a James Posey or something like that.

9. flamehead

flamehead JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

Shooting: Kobe Bryant's form with little less consistency

Offence: Manu Ginobili with more shooting and less driving
    Defence: Tayshuan Prince ,as im able guard multiple positions well

Im a guard/forward, and a good comparision of my style would be Manu Ginobili or Tayshuan Prince, or by a long shot, Scottie Pippen, as im able to play all backcourt positions due to my combination of speed, size (6'1,180 pounds) and athelticism.

My defence & hustle has been praised by my coaches, but my offence is just decent.
    Okay, average shooter for a guard, but im a good slasher and ball-handler with good dribble moves.
    Im a good passer, especially in transition fast breaks, and a pretty good rebounder too.

if my league was the NBA, i would probably average 15 ppg, 7 rpg, 7 apg.

basically a point forward who plays more of a support role (passing, rebounding, defence) than the main go-to guy.

i tend to think i have my own style...but the player i try to be like most is Scottie Pippen.

10. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Shooting- Vince Carter(same form and shot selection)
    Rebounding- Marbury
    Assists- Gilbert Arenas
    Dribbling- Tony Parker
    Offensive awareness- J Rich
    Defensive awareness- Jason Richardson
    Athleticism- Paul Pierce

All in all, I'm probably a mix of J Rich(without the dunks) on offense, and Pierce on defense.

11. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Shooting- Jason Kidd (not very god from outside)
    Rebounding- Jason Richardson, im very good for my position
    Assists- ???, I'm good at dishing dimes but not Jason Kidd/ Nash/Brevin Knight good, i cant think of a comparison.
    Offensive awareness- Andre Miller, Im a gigantic PG for my age, good at passing, likes to post up and use my largness to my advantage
    Defensive awarness- Baron Davis, im not as good of a defender as B. Diddy but i really like to beat up smaller guards.
    Athleticism- i dont know of a comparison but not very good. I was 5'11 playing PG in my sophmore year most other PGs were like 5'5-5'9. I was way too slow for some of them, sometimes i guarded SGs or SF's on defense.

Overall, Id say i compare most to Andre Miller. If i didn't have pretty good handles and court vision i would be a SF or SG who doesn't shoot well from outside. Jason Kidd is a good comparison for my shot, sometimes it falls sometimes it doesn't but im nowhere near the passer/handler that he is.

12. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NbaBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">Please be truefull, there is really no point in liein. Ok ill go first

Shooting-Mike Bibby
    Dribbling- Tony Parker
    Athleticism- Dwayne Wade

</div>

You ask everyone to be truthful, yet you come up with hideous comparisons to your game, because if this is really how you match up skill wise, you wouldn't be posting on an Internet Basketball forum!! [​IMG]

13. pimpdaddy33

pimpdaddy33 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple Fever:</div><div class="quote_post">You ask everyone to be truthful, yet you come up with hideous comparisons to your game, because if this is really how you match up skill wise, you wouldn't be posting on an Internet Basketball forum!! [​IMG]</div>

Exactly man. This thread is pointless. Ohh let's see my game compares proably to MIchael Jordan. Unless there is some all-american apart of this forum people are just going to be lieing. I'm out.

14. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple Fever:</div><div class="quote_post">You ask everyone to be truthful, yet you come up with hideous comparisons to your game, because if this is really how you match up skill wise, you wouldn't be posting on an Internet Basketball forum!! [​IMG]</div>
    [​IMG]
    I can't compare my game to NBA skills cuz then, like you said, i wouldn't be sitting at home posting on this board. All I can do is jump, and i realize everyday that crossing over is harder than it looks. I always fall on ground [​IMG]

15. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

ok so dont post here. yet some people actually posted comparisions witout having a problem. you think its weird then dont post. no1 is makin u

16. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NbaBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">I thought of makin a thread where you describe yourself as a basketball player. Compare your skills to the skills of Nba players. For Example, Shooting Skills- Allen Iverson, Court Vision- Sam Cassell and so on.. Please be truefull, there is really no point in liein. Ok ill go first

Shooting-Mike Bibby
    Dribbling- Tony Parker
    Athleticism- Dwayne Wade

Thats all i can think of rite now. As i think of more i will update it. OK so now u guys tell me yours and i swear i didnt lie on any of mine</div>

Wow, you must be REALLY good. [​IMG]

17. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting durvasa:</div><div class="quote_post">Wow, you must be REALLY good. [​IMG]</div>

look im not sayin that i exactly do everythin like the players the players ive chosen. im sayin i shoot like mike bibby by takin 3 pointer and 2 point jump shots and sometimes i drive in. for the assists i give out like 6, 7 or 8 assists. for dribblin i dont do a lot of crossovers but i can handle the ball well. thats y i picked tony parker. thats all im pretty much same. maybe some of you didnt get get wat i meant

18. Got DWade?

Got DWade? JBB JustBBall Member

Shooting - Milt Palacio [​IMG]

Offensive awareness - Milt Palacio [​IMG]

Defensive awareness - Andrei Kirilenko i guess cos i'm pretty good at blocking shots, and i can also play alot bigger people than me.

Rebounding - Tayshaun prince, kind of wierd because of the above comparison but I have really long arms and a lean body and quick.

Dribbling - Milt Palacio

Assists - I have no idea, I pass a lot, but i suck at it

Athleticism - Andrei Kirilenko

P.S. I play suprisingly a lot like Milt, except im pretty tall and play bunch of positions.

19. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NbaBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">look im not sayin that i exactly do everythin like the players the players ive chosen. im sayin i shoot like mike bibby by takin 3 pointer and 2 point jump shots and sometimes i drive in. for the assists i give out like 6, 7 or 8 assists. for dribblin i dont do a lot of crossovers but i can handle the ball well. thats y i picked tony parker. thats all im pretty much same. maybe some of you didnt get get wat i meant</div>

Ok, I think I get it. Relative to the competition you're playing with, your game is similar to those NBA players.

20. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

^^YES!! thats exactly wat i meant by this whole thread.