Chris Paul to Bobcats, "I'm Your Pick"

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Shapecity, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Chris Paul to Bobcats, "I'm Your Pick"

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">FORT MILL - I wrote last week that the Charlotte Bobcats should do what they have to, including giving up both first-round picks, to select Wake Forest point guard Chris Paul.

I hate to keep writing the same thing -- well, no I don't. The NBA draft is a mere 10 days away, and the Bobcats have to get this one right.

Look around the league. How many great point guards do you see? When the rare opportunity to land a potential great comes your way, you seize it.

But enough about me; let's climb the stairs that adjoin the court at the Bobcats' practice facility and seek another opinion.

Sir, who would you take if you were the Bobcats and had your choice of any point guard in the draft?

"Me," says Chris Paul.

It's unanimous.

Why not your buddy Raymond Felton of North Carolina, with whom you talked Thursday, or Deron Williams of Illinois?

"Because I think I bring a little excitement to the game," says Paul, 20, who worked out Friday morning for the Bobcats. "I love to play and I'm just a basketball junkie and I'm a sponge. I'm willing to learn.

"And if I'm in Charlotte," he says with a smile, "I can get season tickets for my family."

Although the most popular point guard in Charlotte history is Wake Forest's Muggsy Bogues, Paul won't trigger the box office rush Felton will.</div>

Source