Deron Williams

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by Mr. J, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Their odds of moving up in Tuesday's NBA Draft are still slim, but the Orlando Magic are working feverishly to jump from No. 11 into the top four so they can pick point guard Deron Williams. The Magic got Williams, a consensus top-five pick from Illinois, to come to Orlando for a workout Saturday, showing how hard they are working to pull off a trade. Orlando could move up in a variety of ways.

The Magic could package some combination of their first-round pick, their two second-rounders (Nos. 41 and 44) and a player to move up in the draft. Orlando might trade Jameer Nelson, Hedo Turkoglu or DeShawn Stevenson. It was through a draft-night trade last year that the Magic were able to snag Nelson when he surprisingly fell to the 20th pick.

Orlando's interest in Williams could signal an end to Steve Francis' days as the team's point guard. He spent time last season at point guard and shooting guard, but new coach Brian Hill said he has not decided where Francis will play next season.</div>
    Florida Today

That?s the word on the street. I?m a bit surprised; isn?t Jameer Nelson the Magic?s point guard of the future? I don?t see the point of getting Deron Williams when you have your all-rookie second teamer. Unless they have intentions of moving Francis and having the backcourt with Nelson and Williams which I don?t think makes sense. Why not get Webster ? a shooting guard to fill in Mobley?s shoes? Even if the Magic really want to get in the top 4 this badly, at least pick up Green or Granger.

2. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MrJ:</div><div class="quote_post">That's word on the street. I?m a bit surprised; isn?t Jameer Nelson the Magic?s point guard of the future? I don?t see the point of getting Deron Williams when you have your all-rookie second teamer. Unless they have intentions of moving Francis and having the backcourt with Nelson and Williams which I don?t think makes sense. Why not get Webster ? a shooting guard to fill in Mobley?s shoes? Even if the Magic really want to get in the top 4 this badly, at least pick up Green or Granger.</div>
    [​IMG]

This just sucks. Jameer is one of our better players and isn't worth stupid Deron Williams. I wouldn't trade Jameer for Deron straight up so it make me even more ticked off when I here we are including our 11th pick and both of our second rounders. The Magic have made some dumb moves and this would just be added to the list if this trade goes down. Someday Jameer will be a great player in this league and I think that Martell Webster is extremely skilled too so why lose both of the for Williams?

It just doesn't make sense... [​IMG]

3. MickyEyez

MickyEyez JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Swish15:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]

This just sucks. Jameer is one of our better players and isn't worth stupid Deron Williams. I wouldn't trade Jameer for Deron straight up so it make me even more ticked off when I here we are including our 11th pick and both of our second rounders. The Magic have made some dumb moves and this would just be added to the list if this trade goes down. Someday Jameer will be a great player in this league and I think that Martell Webster is extremely skilled too so why lose both of the for Williams?

It just doesn't make sense... [​IMG]</div>
    i agree man... its simply NOT WORTH IT... deron did well in the NCAA but he hasnt proved that he is the savior to our franchise... the minutes that jameer played he did exceptionally... what the hell is going on?

4. Devilz

Devilz JBB JustBBall Member

^ hands up agreed...
    if we want to move up, get a decent C!!!
    we need a big man, instead of a point guard...i've said in the other posts, Nelson proved himself to the fans, to the team, to everyone...

Players played well in college, doesnt mean they will did the same in the league, they still need time to adapt, why want to risk a soph. for a rookie on the same position??

5. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Devilz:</div><div class="quote_post">^ hands up agreed...
    if we want to move up, get a decent C!!!
    we need a big man, instead of a point guard...i've said in the other posts, Nelson proved himself to the fans, to the team, to everyone...

Players played well in college, doesnt mean they will did the same in the league, they still need time to adapt, why want to risk a soph. for a rookie on the same position??</div>

You guys had a decent C in Varejao, who plays like Ben Wallace

6. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting j0se:</div><div class="quote_post">You guys had a decent C in Varejao, who plays like Ben Wallace</div>
    Yeah but once again, we traded him away BEFORE HE WAS DEVELOPED. The Magic organization is very frustrating and I'm hoping all of these rumors are just smokescreens.

7. Devilz

Devilz JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Swish15:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah but once again, we traded him away BEFORE HE WAS DEVELOPED. The Magic organization is very frustrating and I'm hoping all of these rumors are just smokescreens.</div>

since when do we keep those great-potential players?
    seems like the fans can see who can develop and grow well in future, but not the organization. [​IMG]