Dajuan Wagner

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by bbwSwish, Jul 27, 2005.

1. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Miami Herald - Miami has shown interest in working out guard Dajuan Wagner, the former lottery pick who flopped with Cleveland.

The Heat have yet to come to terms with free agent Damon Jones.</div>
    Source

Dorrell Wright and Dajuan Wagner seem like similar players to me so I don't know why would want to keep both. They are both young guys with potential and havn't had much success so far in their early careers.

2. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

I still cant make up my mind about if we need him, but I do know that Wagner shined his rookie season and has star potential.

3. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Swish15:</div><div class="quote_post">Source

Dorrell Wright and Dajuan Wagner seem like similar players to me so I don't know why would want to keep both. They are both young guys with potential and havn't had much success so far in their early careers.</div>

How are Wagner and Wright similiar? Wright has only played a grand total of 27 minutes so far in his career. Wagner has been a bust ever since he's been injured. We can't judge Wright yet until he gets a chance to at least play. Wright is a SG/SF and Wagner doesn't even have a position. He's a tweener.

4. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

I wouldn't use the MLE on him, maybe the LLE or minimum because he hasn't proven anything, similar to Woods. His best season was his rookie year, when he busted on the scene and started scoring like mad, when people were comparing to Iverson. He's a SG in a PG's body, but it wouldn't be a horrible to sign him as a 3rd string PG since that's what he started out as in Cleveland.

It's a low risk signing since he won't have a huge contract, and it'll be a high reward since he's good scorer when healthy. Injuries is what is really holding him back. Otherwise, he's a scoring machine. I'm sure he has offers from other teams though like the Hawks who will be offering him a better deal, but it would be a nice move if we land him.

5. og15

og15 JBB *********

Wright and Wagner have 0 similarities, Wright is a highschool guy who wasn't even expected to play this year, and he's hardly gotten a chance to play. Wagner started quite a few games as a rookie, and he didn't perform too well in terms of efficiency, but he showed scoring ability. He's had a lot of injury problems, the stomach thing as a rookie, and then I think his knee in 04-05 and 03-04.

He's a SG, not a PG at all, his passing is only average for a SG, he's not that good a slasher, and while a decent shooter, he's not great. I'm not sure how he will fit in Miami being an undersized SG who's not good defensively, and likes to shoot a lot.

He's compared to Iverson as they're friends and he patterns his game after him, but he's not as quick or fast, doesn't have the handles, the slashing ability, doesn't get to the line nearly [not close] as well, doesn't have close to the passing skill, but he has a better jumpshot.

6. MiamiBalla12

MiamiBalla12 JBB Light-Skinned Assassin

He's a shooting guard thats so short so he has to play point guard. I wouldn't like to the Heat to get him.

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

He makes absolutely no sense on the Heat. He's a tweener, cannot play PG, cannot defend, cannot play organized basketball, and cannot stay healthy. The Heat have no business wasting a roster spot or any money on Wagner. All the AI comparisons got to Wagner's head. The Heat need hungry veteran players who can do a specific role and help them win a title. There are plenty of other options out there superior to Wagner.

8. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">cannot play PG, cannot defend, cannot play organized basketball, and cannot stay healthy</div>
    The story of Wagner's NBA career right here...