Rumour

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Sir Desmond, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

According to HoopsHype, we may have been close to trying to outbid Atlanta for Zaza Pachulia, who ended up signing him to a four year, $16 million offer sheet, which the Bucks don't look like matching.

I just think that's ridiculous money for a guy who's been the back-up centre on the last two teams to win the top pick in the draft. I'd much rather go after a guy like Steven Hunter, who, while probably not the greatest player out there, is at least an athletic shotblocking presence who can run the floor.

Four mill a year for Pachulia - am I not seeing something in him here?

2. lessthanjake

lessthanjake JBB JustBBall Member

^yeah there is. he put up 6 points and 5 rebounds a game in 18 mpg. spread that over the 30 someodd minutes he'll get with ATL thats 10 pts and 8 rebound per game. plus he's young.

3. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

I use to drive less than jake to thier shows when the only vehicle they had was rogers VW rabbit, and the only music they had recorded was a 7" piece of wax called "smoke spot"...Zach is a nice player but he hasn't earned 4 million a year yet. Zach McIlvaine anyone?

4. M_Cage89

M_Cage89 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">According to HoopsHype, we may have been close to trying to outbid Atlanta for Zaza Pachulia, who ended up signing him to a four year, $16 million offer sheet, which the Bucks don't look like matching.

I just think that's ridiculous money for a guy who's been the back-up centre on the last two teams to win the top pick in the draft. I'd much rather go after a guy like Steven Hunter, who, while probably not the greatest player out there, is at least an athletic shotblocking presence who can run the floor.

Four mill a year for Pachulia - am I not seeing something in him here?</div>

Too much to tie up for a guy who hasn't proven he can earn minutes on a bottom dweller - let alone be the starting center on a playoff team. Its tough to know how much to read into this. The problem for us fans with SEA mgmt is that they neither confirm nor deny any rumors at all - they just flat out refuse to talk about it. It makes easy pickings for beat writers who can throw in "another team, possibly Seattle, may also be in the mix for _____" - when they know mgmt isn't going to come out and refute anything.

5. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

Was he on the court when Jermaine O'Neal went for 60 on them? If so, no thanks.

6. lessthanjake

^ he wasn't. that was gadzuric, i think.

7. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

Heh, I think the Buck's signed Gadzu-reek to a monster deal in the offseason (well his stat's actually aren't that bad, I think he grabbed like 8 rpg or something like that).

Anyway, this Pachulia thing seems like a moot point, today's paper says the Hawks signed him to a 4/16 offer sheet.

8. lessthanjake

^ gadzuric got a 37 mil deal.

9. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

If you can't play center, I'm not interested.

Zaza has some talent but as it stands right now we have a log jam at the power forward spot. Right now our number one free agent target should be a starting center.

Diop was a name that I heard and for as bad as he played in Cleveland, he could be a short term clog for our defense. I wouldn't offer him a contract more than 3 years 5 million dollars though. He can't score worth a lick.

10. Semmi

Semmi JBB JustBBall Member

I would like to see Hunter in Sonics jersey. He was incredible in some of game last year. I think he would be improvement over JJ.....

11. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Semmi:</div><div class="quote_post">I would like to see Hunter in Sonics jersey. He was incredible in some of game last year. I think he would be improvement over JJ.....</div>

He certainly would, and unlike other teams chasing him, we can offer a starting gig.

Who knows, it's probably a money issue, and Howard isn't exactly Mark Cuban.

12. Coolguy777

Coolguy777 JBB JustBBall Member

I would honestly be content with Vitaly. The only problem I see is that while I think Potapenko is a better player then Jerome James in the longrun it really leaves us with a roster that doesnt have one proven shotblocker...maybe Swifty can prove to be one..

13. psheehy

psheehy Beaten down by the "MAN"

I wouldn't be surprised if our new HC starts Danny at the 5. He is undersized, but it would be an interesting choice if he can stay out of foul trouble. Might re-energize him to last year's early stats.

14. Bodiddly14

Bodiddly14 JBB JustBBall Member

Does anyone remember Gadzuric at UCLA lol I thought he was goin to be a bad man when he gained some weight! He prob. weighs less now and looks confused on the floor...U could say the same about aerial freak Marcus Haislip..but now he is in the NBDL.

15. tradebark

tradebark JBB JustBBall Member

Diop reminds me of Evans. Raw athleticism but not much on the skill side of things..

I've seen him go on mini tears blocking shots when he was in the Cavs' good graces.. If he could just learn to catch a post entry pass and then kick it back out, he'd be worth it [​IMG]

But he's been in the league a few years and hasnt shown any improvement..

16. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting tradebark:</div><div class="quote_post">Diop reminds me of Evans. Raw athleticism but not much on the skill side of things.. </div>

Maybe, but Reggie actually has a brain.

17. M_Cage89

M_Cage89 JBB JustBBall Member

Diop is still young, has a great body, but what he would essentially do is just take minutes away from Swift/Petro - both on the floor and time working with Sikma. It would be tough to argue why we shouldn't just devote all efforts towards Swift instead of taking another unknown under our wing.

I'd rather just bring back Vitaly. A veteran who won't complain if he only plays 2 minutes a game, but will give a good effort when he gets put in. It probably would help the young guys to have a vet around as well.

Whats funny is that the Sonics before that draft were totally pumping up Diop, saying how much they liked him and how his workouts went great - even went as far as bringing him back in for a second workout - CLE bit, took him at like 8 or something, and Radmanovic fell into the Supes lap, the guy they wanted all along. I remember Calabro mentioning this on the air a few years back and Billy McKinney and himself having a good laugh about it.