Sugar Bowl

Discussion in 'College Football' started by Thoth, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

or should I say blowout in the Bayou.

34-14 LSU early 4th. I am not surprised ND was competitive for as long as they were but The Tigers ground 'em down in the 3rd. <u>If </u>the Irish would have done better @ capitalizing on turnover, they might have stood a chance.

Kenny Albert is either loud or really loud. He brought up how ND rally against Mich St. Outside of Saban, the 2 programs have nothing in common.

I said LSU would destroy The Weis-men like Oregon St did in the Fiesta Bowl a few years ago and I was right.

To all those who think Brady Quinn is all that on toast; Michigan and the Tigers are the closest he's faced to an NFL Caliber D and we all know how he has fared.

I am mad. UCLA (-4.5) lost and blew my parlay from my Christmas trip to Reno; Maryland (pick em) and LSU (+9) have come to fruition.

2. Pats3timeChamp

Pats3timeChamp nfl-*****s member

i dont think brady quinn #1 draft.....

3. cubuffsman78

cubuffsman78 nfl-*****s member

Two really bad BCS games in the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl. Not surprisingly LSU and USC also had a home field to work with. So much for the neutral site idea.

4. Thoth

I almost forgot what made me start this thread.

The pass intereference on LSU early in the 4th was bogus.

So, it was poetic justice to see the ball hit McKnight (who the PI should have been on) in the hands, bounce off, & get picked the very next play.

5. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

Brady Quinn is still the best QB in the draft. One bad game doesn't mean nothing.

6. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'>Brady Quinn is still the best QB in the draft. One bad game doesn't mean nothing.</div>
    That remains to be seen....we wont know if thats true for several years

7. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'>Brady Quinn is still the best QB in the draft. One bad game doesn't mean nothing.</div>
    Everytime Quinn has played a good team this year he's had a bad game. Played even worse against Michigan as well. Didn't look that great against Georgia Tech earlier this year either. Russell is certainly going to give him a run for his money.

8. TP-33

TP-33 nfl-*****s member

Brady Quinn has carried this ND team the past two seasons.....Rhema McKnight is a piece of crap...Probably leads the world in dropped passes....The defense is horrific, Brady Quinn is still the best PLAYER in the draft, period.

9. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cubuffsman78)</div><div class='quotemain'>Two really bad BCS games in the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl. Not surprisingly LSU and USC also had a home field to work with. So much for the neutral site idea.</div>
    I agree the "seeding" was odd. Duke, it seems, always plays in Greensboro, NC & E Rutherford, NJ in the college hoops tourny

Had I been in charge, it would have looked like; Rose) LSU/Michigan, Fiesta) Boise/OU, Sugar) USC/Lville, & Orange) Wake Forest/Auburn or Texas.

10. Thoth

[quote name='TP-33']Brady Quinn has carried this ND team the past two seasons[/quote]
    That doesn't say much for ND IMO.

[quote name='TP-33'].....Rhema McKnight is a piece of crap...Probably leads the world in dropped passes.....[/quote]
    So, he'll eventually play for the phins is what you are saying?

[quote name='TP-33']The defense is horrific,[/quote]
    No comment.

[quote name='TP-33']Brady Quinn is still the best PLAYER in the draft, period.[/quote]
    Wrong.

11. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TP-33)</div><div class='quotemain'>Brady Quinn has carried this ND team the past two seasons.....Rhema McKnight is a piece of crap...Probably leads the world in dropped passes....The defense is horrific, Brady Quinn is still the best PLAYER in the draft, period.</div>
    I'd take Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, and Adrian Peterson over Quinn. Quinn has a lot to prove yet. He also has a fine RB in Walker and a great WR. So he does have some weapons and he hasn't came through against the 3 best teams he's faced.

12. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Nobody knows who will eventually be the best player in this draft or which QB will be the best....you CANT know that....

13. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

LSU winning means about nothing. ND cant win bowl games, or big games under weis.

14. cubuffsman78

cubuffsman78 nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nobody knows who will eventually be the best player in this draft or which QB will be the best....you CANT know that....</div>
    You can know who the best prospect is though.

I like Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson the best. I think they are the two top prospects in this draft.

15. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

You are Crazy. There is no one more talented and athletic at the QB position in the draft, than JaMarcus Russell. Russell goes 1 to Raiders. Raiders and Al Davis would be dumb to pass on Russell for quinn or anyone else. ................ Then again my Saints got Reggie last year so anything can happen

16. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BJames1156)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'>Brady Quinn is still the best QB in the draft. One bad game doesn't mean nothing.</div>
    You are Crazy. There is no one more talented and athletic at the QB position in the draft, than JaMarcus Russell. Russell goes 1 to Raiders. Raiders and Al Davis would be dumb to pass on Russell for quinn or anyone else. ................ Then again my Saints got Reggie last year so anything can happen</div>
    Welcome back BJ.

Quinn is a system QB. He needs to find the right one.... The Pats?

I can't tell you how many phins fans think BQ is the answer for Miami. Not me, I'd rather have JR than BQ. Truth be told; I would love to see Miami draft Jeff Rowe of NV-Reno possibly in the 4th.

I am not 100% sold on Russell though I do feel there is more upside on Russell than Quinn.

JaMarcus IMO reminds me of a cross between Daunte & Vince Young.

17. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

Well no matter where JaMarcus goes, I'll be ordering a new jersey!

Hey i'll bet you hate Saban as much as I do!! You here he has come here to Louisiana a bunch since he went to BAMA. He went to 5 LSU commitments' highschools! Bet he told yall that Miami was in his heart like he said LSU was. SCREW HIM!!!!!!

18. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BJames1156)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey i'll bet you hate Saban as much as I do!! You here he has come here to Louisiana a bunch since he went to BAMA. He went to 5 LSU commitments' highschools! Bet he told yall that Miami was in his heart like he said LSU was. SCREW HIM!!!!!!</div>
    I have nothing nice to say about that hillbilly Napoleon or his wife. Its really not what he did but how. Dare I say his process is/was flawed.

I read he trashed Mich St upon leaving. Further, he complained that the phins personnel dept did not get him the caliber of players he wanted... he was the personnel dept for all intents and purposes. I guess there is a major H. S. in Miami that has told 'Bama not to come to recruit.

As an Auburn fan, I am not too pleased. Further, I hope LSU & the Urban Meyer led Gators beat the tar out tide every time they play.