Bobby Petrino new Falcons Head Coach

Discussion in 'NFC South' started by porky88, Jan 7, 2007.

1. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Louisville coach Bobby Petrino has accepted a five-year, $24 million offer from the Atlanta Falcons to become their new coach.

Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich confirmed to ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Petrino told him about 8:30 p.m. ET that he had accepted the job and that Rich McKay, the Falcons' president and general manager, had called this afternoon to tell Jurich about the offer.

"Bobby Petrino did a great job here at Louisville," Jurich said. "I'm proud of what he accomplished. I just wish we could have kept him longer. He will do a great job for the Falcons."</div>
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2723700

Nice Hire!

I wonder if this means the end of Mike Vick? I don't really see him as a good fit for Petrino's system. If so do the Falcons invest in Matt Schaub or do they opt to go with Brian Brohm who played at Louisville this year with their 1st pick.

None the less I thought this was a great hire.

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Louisville coach Bobby Petrino has accepted a five-year, $24 million offer from the Atlanta Falcons to become their new coach.

Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich confirmed to ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Petrino told him about 8:30 p.m. ET that he had accepted the job and that Rich McKay, the Falcons' president and general manager, had called this afternoon to tell Jurich about the offer.

"Bobby Petrino did a great job here at Louisville," Jurich said. "I'm proud of what he accomplished. I just wish we could have kept him longer. He will do a great job for the Falcons."</div>

Nice Hire!

I wonder if this means the end of Mike Vick? I don't really see him as a good fit for Petrino's system. If so do the Falcons invest in Matt Schaub or do they opt to go with Brian Brohm who played at Louisville this year with their 1st pick.

None the less I thought this was a great hire.</div>
    Good hire. The end of hype . .err, vick? We can only hope. Brohm wont be around when falcons pick. i think schaub ends up the starter and vick is traded to stupid team (raiders? )

3. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

I'm interested to see what Petrino does with the Falcons, their offense especially.

I agree, looks to me like a good move for the Falcons hiring this guy.

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Louisville coach Bobby Petrino has accepted a five-year, $24 million offer from the Atlanta Falcons to become their new coach.

Nice Hire!

None the less I thought this was a great hire.</div>
    Good hire. The end of hype . .err, vick? We can only hope. Brohm wont be around when falcons pick. i think schaub ends up the starter and vick is traded to stupid team (raiders? )</div>
    Actually the Falcons pick 10th right now so there is a good chance he's there with Jamarcus Russell entering and Brady Quinn in it's likely that Brohm if he enters could be there.

Someone said something about the Raiders interested in Vick. Something like Moss for Vick I heard or the 1st pick for Vick. Frankly stupid move by the Raiders but then again if someone is willing to do that it's Al Davis.

5. cubuffsman78

cubuffsman78 nfl-*****s member

I do think this hiring will probably clinch Brohm's entrance into the draft and if they do move on from Vick then I expect Petrino to draft his own QB to run his system. It only makes sense for the GM to do that for him. Atlanta becomes a very interesting situation to watch.

6. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I was shocked when on saw this on ESPN's ticker this morning. I agree this situation will be real interesting to watch.

7. BearNole 6304

BearNole 6304 nfl-*****s member

vick should really be traded cuz he will not fit in, they should just stick wit schaub, and they need 2 draft some recievers or help out dat secondary

8. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

They say the petrino system is QB and completion friendly, and will fit and help vick.

I disagree. I don't think any system could make him look good