Eddie House 2yr deal

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by bronbron23, Sep 10, 2005.

1. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">House Signs Two-Year Deal With Phoenix
    10th September, 2005 - 12:11 am
    ESPN - ESPN's Ric Bucher reported that guard Eddie House has agreed to a two-year, $1.8 million deal with the Suns. House averaged 5.8 points per game with the Kings last season. </div>

This looks like a good signing for Phoenix he's quick and can hit the three which fits into the Sun's system.

2. Char

Char JBB Nowitzness

Ooh, this is sick. Phoenix added anoter scorer. House is a great spark off the bench and should provide defensive problems for opposing teams. If he backs up Nash, that'd be crazy, having 2 pgs rotating and they're a threat to drop treys at any time.

3. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

This is horrible for the Heat!!! Now we cant get Eddie House!!!!! [​IMG]
    but for the Suns this is a really and I mean really good addition this guy is a catch and shoot type player and plays with energy. He is a great player to have on your squad and the Suns just got better now that they signed him.

4. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Good signing by the Suns but this kind of sucks for Barbosa. After having a good summer league he is going to have alot of trouble finding minutes at the 1/2 amongst Nash, Bell, J. Jackson, and House.

5. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Great signing by Phoenix, but horrible for Miami. I guess we'll have to take a look at Jay Williams now, he would be the best option for us.

6. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

I think this is a great signing, there working there way back to fill that void that Q and JJ left with there shooting touches. House, Bell, and JJ are all good shooters in my eyes and they should be able to give the suns what they lost if not more.

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">Good signing by the Suns but this kind of sucks for Barbosa. After having a good summer league he is going to have alot of trouble finding minutes at the 1/2 amongst Nash, Bell, J. Jackson, and House.</div>
    I think House will play more minutes at SG, than PG for the Suns. JJ will play his minutes at SF, so Barbosa should still get some quality PT next season. I also don't think the Suns want Nash playing as many minutes per game in the regular season either.

8. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">I think House will play more minutes at SG, than PG for the Suns. JJ will play his minutes at SF, so Barbosa should still get some quality PT next season. I also don't think the Suns want Nash playing as many minutes per game in the regular season either.</div>

PG:Nash/Eddie House/Barbosa
    SG:Bell/JJ
    SF:Marion/JJ

9. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting SkiptoMyLue11:</div><div class="quote_post">PG:Nash/Barbosa
    SG:Bell/Steve Smith
    SF:Marion/JJ</div>
    the suns signed steve smith? dont remember that one...

anyway, I think House does address their need of a capable backup guard...hes capable of scoring in bunches and fits into their running style perfectly...however, I hope I never see the Suns pair him alongside Nash in the backcourt cuz that would be the worst defensive backcourt ever assembled in league history [​IMG] j/k suns fans [​IMG] (not really)

10. emannen

emannen JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Houston:</div><div class="quote_post">the suns signed steve smith? dont remember that one...

anyway, I think House does address their need of a capable backup guard...hes capable of scoring in bunches and fits into their running style perfectly...however, I hope I never see the Suns pair him alongside Nash in the backcourt cuz that would be the worst defensive backcourt ever assembled in league history [​IMG] j/k suns fans [​IMG] (not really)</div>

Make sure to tell T-Mac to make it out of the first round and when he does I'll laugh with you.

11. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Houston:</div><div class="quote_post">the suns signed steve smith? dont remember that one...</div>
    bah I confuse Steve Smith and Eddie House, I've done it before. I think its because they are mere role players that I used to pick up a lot in Fantasy BBall.

I'll edit my last post.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Houston:</div><div class="quote_post">anyway, I think House does address their need of a capable backup guard...hes capable of scoring in bunches and fits into their running style perfectly...however, I hope I never see the Suns pair him alongside Nash in the backcourt cuz that would be the worst defensive backcourt ever assembled in league history [​IMG] j/k suns fans [​IMG] (not really)</div>
    I think he will be a sort of scoring replacement for Nash, when Nash needs a rest. When Nash is on the court I don't think they more scoring ability, they will probably play Bell. Who is a good defensive player and a good spot up shooter.

12. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Jim Jackson is our starting SG, and Bell is his back-up. House will compete with Barbosa for the back-up PG spot. House was never a star in the NBA, but was awesome at ASU. I am happy to have such a great ASU alum on my team even if he will just be on the bench.

13. panfolk

panfolk JBB JustBBall Member

They're hoping Diaw will be competing with Barbosa for the backup point spot. House is likely an insurance policy against injury or someone to bring in during scoring lulls when the second unit isn't producing. At least that's my take on it.

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

So much for everyone wanting to play in Miami [​IMG]