Anyone want to join a Warriors Fan Fantasy League?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba

League ID#: 1470
    League Name: Golden State Warriors
    Password: barondavis
    Draft Type: Live Draft
    Draft Time: Sun Oct 16 7:45pm PT [ Add to My Calendar ]
    Max Teams: 20
    Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
    Max Moves: No maximum
    Max Trades: No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 2
    Trade End Date: March 16, 2006
    Waiver Time: 2 days
    Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
    Trade Review: Commissioner
    Post Draft Players: Free Agents
    Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
    Start Scoring on: Week 1
    Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, IL, IL
    Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

With some of the Warriors over at the ESPN board. I'm trying to get some RealGM Warriors too.

Just mention CR2 sent you and that you love the Warriors.

2. Map1986

Map1986 JBB JustBBall Member

i'm in, team name is under my realgm name: Goldenstate4Life

3. Custodianrules2

Sweet! This is going to be one challenging season because there's so many teams.

4. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Sweet! This is going to be one challenging season because there's so many teams.</div>

This will be CHitty's first attempt at FantasyHoops, 22 teams, There should be lots of guys on teams that are getting little to no minutes.

5. Custodianrules2

I know it's going to be funny as hell [​IMG]

I know I won't be as successful as last year with the diluted talent level we'll be getting with more players involved. 260 players will be drafted out of 20 teams.

In our little all Warriors JBB fantasy league last season we had 8 teams, plenty of good drafts, very deep, and I got all the way to 2nd place for regular season and I won the playoffs. I kind of got cheap on Sactomofo's team during the finals, but only because the schedule discriminated against me. He had 3 extra players he could play within a week, my guys were coming down with injuries which meant No Magette, No Camby, No Shareef, No Jermaine O'neil... and since I had Amare + Ben Wallace, the suns and pistons weren't going to play their asses when they clinched the number one seed or top seeds in their conferences... My best fantasy producers... Luckily, our league was so deep that I found decent bench contributors that realistically played starter's minutes.

Here was my roster last year before I had to make some changes.

C: Ben Wallace/Yao Ming/Marcus Camby (hurt every other game) (Jamaal Magloire on waivers)
    PF: Amare Stoudamire, Jermaine O'neil (suspended, then he got hurt)
    SF: Corey Magette (hurt near the end), Shareef Abdur-Rahim (hurt off and on, picked up on waivers)
    SG: Cuttino Mobley (hurt for one months), Stephen Jackson (suspended, picked him up on waivers), Damon Jones
    PG: Baron Davis (hurt for two months), Jason Kidd (hurt for two months), Brevin Knight, Chucky Atkins

And I often used "one-week contracts" on guys like Ricky Davis, Keith Van Horn, Wally Scerzbiak, Desmond Mason, Chris Duhon, Earl Boykins etc. Either bench contributors or 4th to 5th option starters to give me some scoring punch with lower turnovers.

I made the most moves in the league because I was forced too. I was dealt a pretty bad hand early on because I missed my draft time. If I had not pre-ranked Amare Stoudamire, JO as my number one guys and not improved through trades and picking up dropped guys on waivers, I would be screwed. Oh yeah, and in head to head, versatility is the key. You want guys that can play more than one position and produce consistently and in many stat categories.