Bill Belichick - A Different Kind of Cheating

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by DolfanDale, Feb 8, 2007.

1. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Bill Belichick is apparently worse than I thought he was, but don't expect me to let him off the hook.

In court papers, Vincent Shenocca accuses Belichick of being a home wrecker, carrying out a lengthy sexual affair with Sharon Shenocca and lavishing the former New York Giants receptionist and mother of two with "large sums of money, travel by chartered jet, membership in an upscale health club, a personal trainer and a beach house rental at the Jersey shore." Belichick has been subpoenaed in the case, but has yet to give his deposition. He split from his wife of 28 years, Debby, three years ago.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...7p-413125c.html

Edit - I wonder if Belichick danced on his front lawn when he drove this guy's wife home?

2. Phinsuck

Phinsuck nfl-*****s member

Welcome to last year.

3. Packersfan

Packersfan nfl-*****s member

I would definately place alot of the blame on the woman, she allowed it to happen, but Belichick is completely wrong for seducing her with money and lavish gifts...

4. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>Welcome to last year.</div>
    Way to try and spin the truth. This was just last summer and we're not even 40 days into this year. What strikes me is that, while the media is feverishly trying to justify Belichick's boarish behavior, this story doesn't get much exposure. What this article does do is show that Belichick's behavior isn't an isolated incident, but another example of his poor character. How is it that this story got swept under the rug when everyone else's troubles are made news? I have no problem with idiots like Michael Vick, Shawn Merriman, Jake Plummer, Turd Orifice, the 2006 Cincinnati Bengals, Nick Saban and others taking their lumps in the news and in these forums, but why does Bill Belichick get a free pass? Because he's the coach of God's team, the Patriots? Not good enough for me. I would say that breaking up a marriage where children are involved is just as bad if not worse than some of these other incidents.

5. Packersfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>Welcome to last year.</div>
    Way to try and spin the truth. This was just last summer and we're not even 40 days into this year. What strikes me is that, while the media is feverishly trying to justify Belichick's boarish behavior, this story doesn't get much exposure. What this article does do is show that Belichick's behavior isn't an isolated incident, but another example of his poor character. How is it that this story got swept under the rug when everyone else's troubles are made news? I have no problem with idiots like Michael Vick, Shawn Merriman, Jake Plummer, Turd Orifice, the 2006 Cincinnati Bengals, Nick Saban and others taking their lumps in the news and in these forums, but why does Bill Belichick get a free pass? Because he's the coach of God's team, the Patriots? Not good enough for me. I would say that breaking up a marriage where children are involved is just as bad if not worse than some of these other incidents.</div>
    I completely agree, I hadn't heard of this story until now, and I've spent my fair share of time watching the NFL network, sportscenter, and espn news. I have no idea how they decide to talk about his lack of fashion sence instead of this....

6. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

They may be waiting until his deposition...then again, homewrecker talk doesn't make sports news. Can you imagine how many stories there would be of infidelity if this was something the sports news outlets took seriously?

7. Packersfan

If they can do segments on his wardrobe I'd think they could talk about this...

8. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>They may be waiting until his deposition...then again, homewrecker talk doesn't make sports news. Can you imagine how many stories there would be of infidelity if this was something the sports news outlets took seriously?</div>
    If this story involved Terrell Owens, do you think it would be talked about?

9. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

On seeing the thread title, I knew who wrote it and my first thought was to quote K Olbermann (here comes the banning stick? lol) was. "Uh oh! Here we go!"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>They may be waiting until his deposition...then again, homewrecker talk doesn't make sports news. Can you imagine how many stories there would be of infidelity if this was something the sports news outlets took seriously?</div>
    Yeah. Its not like this is the NBA where Shawn Kemp who has fathered 8 kids with 6 women or something like that or even that he's former Jazz C John Amaechi

I love these excerpts from Amaechi's book

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DD)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wonder if Belichick danced on his front lawn when he drove this guy's wife home?</div>
    If Bill B gets spurned will he do his best Lloyd Dobler impersonation?

10. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>They may be waiting until his deposition...then again, homewrecker talk doesn't make sports news. Can you imagine how many stories there would be of infidelity if this was something the sports news outlets took seriously?</div>
    If this story involved Terrell Owens, do you think it would be talked about?</div>
    TO is the symbolic Hitler of the NFL - everyone will compare what is wrong about the NFL to TO because he is such an extreme example.

That being said, this isn't a fair statement. Things get reported about TO that wouldn't get reported for any other player in the league. Take your average coach, put him in this situation, and ask whether or not it would be reported. My guess is that it wouldn't.

11. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>They may be waiting until his deposition...then again, homewrecker talk doesn't make sports news. Can you imagine how many stories there would be of infidelity if this was something the sports news outlets took seriously?</div>
    If this story involved Terrell Owens, do you think it would be talked about?</div>
    TO is the symbolic Hitler of the NFL - everyone will compare what is wrong about the NFL to TO because he is such an extreme example.

That being said, this isn't a fair statement. Things get reported about TO that wouldn't get reported for any other player in the league. Take your average coach, put him in this situation, and ask whether or not it would be reported. My guess is that it wouldn't.</div>
    Hey Patriot fans! Remember it was VF who suggested that Belichick is an average coach, not me! [​IMG]

Seriously, tell Michael Strahan that homewrecker/divorce news doesn't make the news. Does anyone here NOT know that his ex-wife accused him of having a homosexual relationship and then took him to the cleaners? Belichick is one of the most recognizable coaches in the NFL. I would think it would be news. It seems have been in Boston, but for some reason didn't seem to carry across the nation.

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack...rticleid=149076