Alex Scale Anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by tr@cy&ya0, Sep 30, 2005.

1. tr@cy&ya0

tr@cy&ya0 JBB JustBBall Member

he was with us 2 years ago in the preason and he was very athletic, fast, and was a good shooter. i don't know about his defense, but i think it wasn't that good. I don't know if he was a point or shooting gurad. i think he played both. i like him alot better than j-will cause we don't know what jay has left in him. he probaly lost like 10 times of his speed. Scale could be useful to us incase sura's gone. so what do u guys think about him?

2. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

i read that he was invited to seattle's training camp...

3. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Interesting. I was just reading up on his USABasketball bio and saw that after he was waived by the Rockets in the training camp of 2003, he went over to China and played for the Shanghai Sharks.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    ? Played in 2003-04 with the Shanghai Oriental Sharks (China), averaged 25.2 ppg., 4.9 rpg., 3.3 apg., 2.4 spg., and shot 48.5 percent from the field, 80.6 percent from the foul line.
    ? Selected for the 2004 Chinese CBA All-Star Game and was the Slam Dunk Contest co-winner.
    ? Named by Asia-Basket.com 2004 All-CBA Imports second team.</div>
    Didn't really average Yao numbers and actually, those aren't very impressive. In recent years, the elite guys in the CBA average 40-something points per game and are considered to have off-nights when they go for 32. Scales might have led the team in scoring but I don't know if 25ppg in the CBA means a lot.

4. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

I'd give him the green light. Alot of people want a "pure" point. I say screw that. Let's bring in a athletic guy that can fly. We don't neccessarily need a robot guard that dribbles up court, passes the ball, sets a pick, and smiles. No, I would much rather somebody that's going to be a threat offensivley.

5. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

^^^LOL @ smiles