Ford scores 19, leads Bucks over Pistons

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by Schaddy, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">If T.J. Ford is going to score like this, the Milwaukee Bucks may be going places this season.

Ford scored 19 points and handed out nine assists to lead the Bucks to a 104-94 preseason victory over the Detroit Pistons at the Resch Center.

A quicksilver 5-10 point guard with a pass-first mentality, Ford missed all of last season recovering from spinal cord surgery. He was cleared to practice in the spring and clearly has been working on his ability to score.

On Saturday vs. Cleveland, Ford scored 17 points on 5-of-9 shooting. Against the two-time defending Eastern Conference champions, he made 8-of-12 shots and led an attack that had four players in double figures.

Backup point guard Maurice Williams scored 16 points and Bobby Simmons added 11 for the Bucks, who never trailed as they committed just nine turnovers and forced 23. They played without forward Joe Smith (knee) and guard Jiri Welsch (quadriceps).

Milwaukee center Andrew Bogut, the top overall pick in the draft, scored the game's first two baskets and finished with nine points and six rebounds.

Maurice Evans scored 20 points and rookie Alex Acker added 13 for the Pistons, who rested a handful of players. No starter played more than 26 minutes and reserves Antonio McDyess, Dale Davis, Carlos Arroyo and Carlos Delfino were given the night off.
    </div>

Source

Ford just keeps looking better and better! [​IMG] I'm so glad that he's healthy, and now I'm getting excited for the season to start, just so we don't waste this offensive explosion he's having!

2. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

great news to hear...I'm glad TJ's recovering so well from his injury...he's a great talent and will help the Bucks immensely...UT represent [​IMG]

3. og15

og15 JBB *********

I watched this game, and wow, Ford played amazing. His jumpshot is very impressive now.

4. bangofan13

bangofan13 JBB JustBBall Member

^He worked very hard on it with John Lucas Im pretty sure thats him. Its exciting to have him making his jumpers.