Injured Foster likely to Miss Pacers' Season Start Again

Discussion in 'Indiana Pacers' started by Shapecity, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indiana Pacers center Jeff Foster likely will miss the start of the season for the second straight year, this time because of a sore Achilles' tendon.

The 6-foot-11 Foster missed the first 17 games last season after offseason hip surgery.

``It's definitely frustrating sitting and watching,'' Foster said Monday. ``I want to be part of the team.

``But we're a very deep team. After what I went through last year, I've come to realize there's no reason for me to be injured for any portion of this year beyond getting healthy here in the beginning.''

Two years ago, Foster, a six-year veteran, was the only Pacers player to appear in every game. But last year, his bad hip and then back spasms that kept him out of another four games later in the season limited him to 61 games.

Still, he started 43 games and averaged career highs of 7.0 points and 9.0 rebounds, and his 14 games with double-figure scoring and rebounding were second only to Jermaine O'Neal's 17 double-doubles.

Foster's practices have been limited so far this preseason, and of the rash of injuries that have hit Indiana's big men, his appears to be the worst.

``I really don't know yet,'' Foster said of his projected return. ``It's kind of still to be determined. ... I really haven't been doing too much (in practice), so I couldn't tell you. I've been kind of taking it easy, trying to get healthy, trying not to be injured this year like last year.'' </div>

Source

Hopefully Granger gets to start in his place and plays well enough to start for the rest of the year. [​IMG]