Question for Iverson know it all's

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by RuN WiT iT, Oct 26, 2005.

1. RuN WiT iT

RuN WiT iT JBB JustBBall Member

Anyone know Allen Iverson's true wingspan? I have read somewhere that his wingspan is 6'7 or something but I think it's false...

2. LiQz

LiQz JBB JustBBall Member

people say he has the wingspan of a 7 footer, but I highly doubt that.

3. RuN WiT iT

There are so many myths regarding his wingspan.. I don't even know anymore

4. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

i think i read in one of his many biographies, Fear No One, that he can touch his knee caps standing perfectly straight.

5. RuN WiT iT

well some people can too, like I think I can touch my knee caps if I stretch my arms a little while standing straight (without bending over)

6. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting RuN WiT iT:</div><div class="quote_post">well some people can too, like I think I can touch my knee caps if I stretch my arms a little while standing straight (without bending over)</div>
    i think it meant without stretching, just standing straight.

7. RuN WiT iT

that's impossible, if you see him standing straight, his knees only come down half way to his knees...

8. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    iverson's wingspan isn't as big as some people say. He's so slender though he looks like he has a large wingspan. I'd say his wingspan is 6"3" or so.

9. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting RuN WiT iT:</div><div class="quote_post">that's impossible, if you see him standing straight, his knees only come down half way to his knees...</div>
    i dont know. at least that is what i thought they said. it was a book from the library so i cant look it up.

10. TheAnswer2

TheAnswer2 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting phiLA:</div><div class="quote_post">i think i read in one of his many biographies, Fear No One, that he can touch his knee caps standing perfectly straight.</div>

In his DVD his mom said that he had long arms as a child..

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting authentiq:</div><div class="quote_post">iverson's wingspan isn't as big as some people say. He's so slender though he looks like he has a large wingspan. I'd say his wingspan is 6"3" or so.</div>

No way, my wingspan is about 6'3 and I'm only 5'8..

11. RuN WiT iT

I'm pretty sure your wing span isn't 6'3 if your 5'8. That's about 7 inches > your height... my wingspan is like 6 feet and I'm 5'9 and everyone tells me that i have REALLY long arms... maybe it's because you have a wide upperbody? i doubt that even if you have a wide body you can have a 6'3 wingspan when ur 5'8.

12. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">No way, my wingspan is about 6'3 and I'm only 5'8..</div>
    And what does <u>your</u> wingspan have to do with AI??? I've seen the guy in person atleast three times and I can tell you his arms aren't that long, his wingspan is probably 6"4" or so.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm pretty sure your wing span isn't 6'3 if your 5'8. That's about 7 inches > your height... my wingspan is like 6 feet and I'm 5'9 and everyone tells me that i have REALLY long arms... maybe it's because you have a wide upperbody? i doubt that even if you have a wide body you can have a 6'3 wingspan when ur 5'8.</div>
    actually, it's very possible. I'm just above 6"1" and my winngspan is 6"10" and a half or so. Yes i have very longs arms, that in part with the fact that i have really wide shoulders and maybe my slender frame does add up to the wingspan a bit, but not so much i have average length arms. Some people just have really long arms, TheAnwer2 is probably just one of them, I mean i got a friend 5"7" and his wingspan is 6"3".

13. RuN WiT iT

aite I don't know what to say about that... i guess thats true if what your saying is true, but i hadn't heard of a 5'8 guy with a 6'3 wingspan ya kno

14. TheAnswer2

TheAnswer2 JBB JustBBall Member

I'm pretty thin, and have wide shoulders and long arms, so it's possible...unless I don't exist.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting authentiq:</div><div class="quote_post">And what does <u>your</u> wingspan have to do with AI??? I've seen the guy in person atleast three times and I can tell you his arms aren't that long, his wingspan is probably 6"4" or so.</div>

If my wingspan is the same as Iverson's (to the kid who said AI's was 6'3) and I'm 4 inches shorter then you would definitely notice a shortness in AI's arms. Mine are long, but not freakishly so..