Sonics Getting Pwned Already

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Roland Hood, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

Dang...

We're down 24 in the 1st half, on pace to give up a 40pt 2nd quarter against the Wiz.

2. Shard

Shard Hi2u

Sorry for no preview today, woke up at 4:30pm. I'm a winner I know.

Anyways, the Supes are losing 66-41 to the Wizards in the 2nd period as I type this. Assuming this trend continues, please place disgruntled comments about the game in this thread.

3. Coolguy777

Coolguy777 JBB JustBBall Member

Ok signs your team isnt good...down over 20 at half and find reasons to feel good about it lol.

Seriously these refs (especially the young one on the wizards side of the court) are absolutely insane. We have had some really rough offensive foul calls and Collisions 3rd foul was absolutely insane. We just cant seem to shoot and still are making bad turnovers but sadly I still think this is an improvement...maybe if were lucky we can cut this lead and only lose by 10?

4. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

V. Radmanovic 7 1-4 0-1 0-1 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 2

If we are going to suck this bad we may as well start Petro and bench Vlade. At least then we can Build on our future instead of giving worthless minutes to guys who are leaving. It is kind of funny though. The more Vlad plays the worse next years payday looks.

5. Roland Hood

137-96, total embarrassment. I don't know what Weiss said at halftime, but obviously the players didn't respond to it.

I didn't watch the game, thankfully, but if anyone has a bright spot I'd love to hear it.

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

137 points! my goodness.

Bright spot, Andray Blatche stepped back on a basketball court after getting shot earlier this summer.

7. GarnettKG21

GarnettKG21 JBB JustBBall Member

damn thats amazing, not even in OT either.

8. Roland Hood

Just out of curiosity, how many points could a team score in 48 minutes if they just ran up and down the court 5 on zero? [​IMG]

9. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

WOW!! Isn't that the 2nd or 3rd embarrassing blowout the Sonics have endured this season? I didn't think the absence of Jerome James could have that effect, LOL.

10. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

And I thought Greg Oden having to go to college wouldn't affect us.

Anyone a fan of Rudy Gay?

11. odde23

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">And I thought Greg Oden having to go to college wouldn't affect us.

Anyone a fan of Rudy Gay?</div>

That is hylarious. I was at nbadraft.net before I came here. I was thinking, "Do we need Rudy Gay?" and "Why does Oden have to go to college?" Then I came here and saw your post. This team needs a shake up. Badly.

12. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AIFan:</div><div class="quote_post">WOW!! Isn't that the 2nd or 3rd embarrassing blowout the Sonics have endured this season? I didn't think the absence of Jerome James could have that effect, LOL.</div>

**** off Jerome.

13. Roland Hood

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">That is hylarious. I was at nbadraft.net before I came here. I was thinking, "Do we need Rudy Gay?" and "Why does Oden have to go to college?" Then I came here and saw your post. This team needs a shake up. Badly.</div>

I was thinking of Oden too for some reason lol

Anyway, no more card tricks, Weiss is serious now

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Weiss kept the locker room closed for 25 minutes afterward, then gave a sampling of what he told his beleaguered team, 1-4 after reaching the playoffs last season.

"It was an embarrassment. We have to become accountable. We've got to become more aggressive. We've got to take it personal," Weiss said. "We're letting teams manhandle us. We've got to get more physical. We have to get after people. We've got to have more pride. We're just in a funk. We're out there stumbling around. We're not competing. It was just completely unacceptable."</div>

14. monty001

monty001 Sonics belong in Seattle

man...I really dont know what to say...this feels like ****. 41 points......41??? wow....

15. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

Sonics have been the leagues whipping boys so far this year, but I have a feeling Ray Allen is gonna snap out of it and his boys are gonna get back to form here pretty soon.

16. Shard

Shard Hi2u

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">And I thought Greg Oden having to go to college wouldn't affect us.

Anyone a fan of Rudy Gay?</div>

Knowing Sonics management, we'd take Andrea Bargnani. And i'm 90% sure he would be a huge bust.

17. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">That is hylarious. I was at nbadraft.net before I came here. I was thinking, "Do we need Rudy Gay?" and "Why does Oden have to go to college?" Then I came here and saw your post. This team needs a shake up. Badly.</div>

NBADraft.Net is an embarrassment to mock drafts everywhere. Rudy Gay is no consensus #1 pick anyway. You could just as likely end up with Bargnani, McRoberts, Gibson, Wright, or Aldridge. To put it in perspective, NBADraft.Net had Andrew Bogut and Deron Williams in the second round about this time last season, especially Williams who was something awful like their #55 pick in 2006. I also think they had Andriuskevicius and Taft in their top three or four. You're better off just sticking to your own opinions of players than being mislead by some biased "expert" on a site like that.

18. odde23

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AIFan:</div><div class="quote_post">Sonics have been the leagues whipping boys so far this year, but I have a feeling Ray Allen is gonna snap out of it and his boys are gonna get back to form here pretty soon.</div>

I think what us Sonics fans are realizing is that we just aren't a very good team.

Maybe to all ('cept Shiek) our surprise, we do need Jerome James. What James did well last season was step out and set picks. He is a big boy, hard to get around. Sure he didn't do much but foul people in the paint, but what we miss about him is that he set the tone. "Come in the paint and you are going to the foul line with a knot on your head, because I can't gaurd you but I can hit you." I would love to see that this year, but it just isn't going to happen with Vitaly. Face it. Nobody is scared of Vitaly. He won't block you, or hit you, and he might not even gaurd you. We need to start the game with Petro for the simple fact that he is big. Let him get his three fouls in the first and three more in the third but tell him that when you foul it needs to be a foul. No more touch fouls.

As far as missing AD, let's not kid ourselves. He was huge for us last year and we did nothing (NOTHING!) to replace him. Rick freakin Brunson? Are you kidding?

Luke and Nick are the future, so we have been told, time and time again. Great. You know what, that is what they have been told too. Guess what? It IS the future. Ridnour needs to step it up right bleepin' now and Collison needs to lose that "afraid to shoot" dealio or he can sit there with Rob and play rummy for all I care.

Vlade just needs to shut the hell up. If you get five minutes, play five minutes. Every second of every possession is precious. So lose the I need to get into a rythm crap. By the time you get into a rythm we are down 20 because you are doing the cha-cha while your man is showing you a close-up of thier crotch.

And then there is Bob. Just coach Bob. The players aren't supposed to like you. They are supposed to respect you. . . or fear you, which ever you prefer. Teach these guys how to play like a team and win games, not how to win friends.

I feel better.

19. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

I find it hard to believe that a roster that lost two role players from a playoff team could be this bad, so I keep going back to the coach. There has to be a reason there's no defensive or offensive structure. If he's telling me the whole team quit hustling from the end of last season to now, that's complete bull****. You don't get within winning two games of going to the Conference Finals only to give up, especially not with a roster full of young guys.

Speaking of young guys, it's obvious that some players got by on something besides intelligence during the games last season. By some players, I mean Vladimir Radmanovic and Damien Wilkins. Damien apparently thinks hanging around Ray Allen makes him a jump shooter.

And what the hell is with the screens being set? I know it's called a pick and roll, but you need to complete the pick before starting the roll, guys. I suppose I should be happy after complaining about the lack of pick and rolls before...

I could go on with this, but what's the point? 10 games before I officially endorse the firing of Bob Weiss.

20. Roland Hood

I figured we wouldn't match last seasons magic but I didn't figure we'd be one of, if not THE, worst teams in the league. Right now I can only see Atlanta being worse than we are.

I haven't had this kind of feeling about the Supes since the Westphal days...maybe when we're 1-9 (or maybe 2-17 [​IMG]) they'll turn the reigns over to Sikma. Who I don't think is qualified, or have any indication he's a good coach. But he's not Bob Weiss (Side note: Portland and Minny are both playing well. I saw Nate and the Blzers last night and they looked good. Minny was playing tough defense and guys were flying all over the floor)

But our player situation is bad too. I think players are probably tired of Ray, a kind of 'you got your money, what about us' attitude, which brings me to Vlad, Flip and Evans. These are key guys and to have them all on 1 year, make or break seasons isn't good, especially when they're competing for minutes and money next year. I think it's different than last since they'll be unrestricted.

Ridnour and Collison haven't taken the big steps we'd all hoped for, at least so far, and we may be resigned to the fact that they're going to just 'nice players'. And honestly even if Luke's shot comes around, guys like Arenas eyes light up when they see Luke trying to defend. We no defense on the perimeter and Potapenko scares nobody as a last line of defense.

Put it all together and the fact we have zero in the paint on offense and defense and we're really horrible.