Sonics NOT getting Pwned yet

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Roland Hood, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Roland Hood

Roland Hood JBB JustBBall Member

47-42 over the Raps in the second quarter [​IMG]

2. Roland Hood

61-55 at half.

On pace to give up 110pts to the Raptors. Which is probably the equivalent of 137pts to the Wiz.

3. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

Giving up 53%. Isn't that something we were supposed to be addressing this year.

4. M_Cage89

M_Cage89 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Roland Hood:</div><div class="quote_post">61-55 at half.

On pace to give up 110pts to the Raptors. Which is probably the equivalent of 137pts to the Wiz.</div>

I hate to admit it, but when I checked the score at half, the first thing I looked at after the score was TOR fg% - it was like 55%. But Now were through 3 and Collison seems to be outplaying Bosh, Lewis is unstoppable, they've gone cold this quarter, and Rid seems to be playing well. TO's are down a bit too, good signs so far.

5. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

I don't think I will start wiggling in my seat until we beat somebody that is better than a high school team.

6. M_Cage89

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think I will start wiggling in my seat until we beat somebody that is better than a high school team.</div>

Thats good thinking. Mike James on fire - now only up 5 - season over if we lose this game

7. M_Cage89

Wow, alot of negatives to look at in that game - but there also were alot of positives, and I choose to focus on those because I'm a sonics fan and I can

8. monty001

monty001 Sonics belong in Seattle

we gave up a 17 point lead....but we won, and thats all that matters. Collison played very well....lew was just on fire...luke played well, so did flip. ray had an off night, but im not worried about ray...the biggest positives out of this game i think were luke, collison, and flip. Petro also grabbed 10 boards.
    but then again this is toronto and we gave up 40 points in the fourth. we should have put this team away. but its all good...ill take the win.

9. Coolguy777

Coolguy777 JBB JustBBall Member

2-4 WOOHOOO! I was really happy with the game on the offensive end. We were playing offense like we did last year driving to the basket then dishing it out looking for the open man. I said in another thread that I thought Weiss would start Collison and Petro and it worked great. The difference between when Petro was on and off the court in that 2nd quarter was very apparent as they got open basket after open basket. Still though are defense on the perimeter is sub-par at best. If we would have gotten out on alot of shots the game wouldnt have been near as close. Still alot of good signs in this game. Very important was Nick and Ridnour. Looks like they are finally starting to play like they are supposed to this year and we will need that to have a chance this year.

Lewis was amazing. Dont know what else to say about him. Allen wasnt havin a big game but Flip stepped in very nicely and had his best game of the season. Flip made some nice passes but he made them in his way. He drove to the basket scored most of the time or found an open guy. He was playing like Flip Murray which is what he has to do. And of course how can one not mention Johan Petro. Petros defensive presense was crucial and he was on the boards as well. Interesting note though was the very small roles for all of Radmanovic, Wilkins, and Evans. I havent looked at the stats yet but I dont think Evans even played in the 2nd half if memory serves me. Will be interesting to see if their minutes keep being random or if Weiss can find a consistent way to use maybe just 1 or 2 of them.

10. Shard

Shard Hi2u

Yea, previews early in the day are not my fortè.

11. Roland Hood

Woulda been a devastating loss. A 40pt 4th quarter is absolutely ridiculous against a team like Toronto. I figure Mike James got hot, and he's a tough player, I'm sensing a problem with our defense out in front:

Mike James 33
    Arenas 32
    Cassell 35

And back to back games of 115 and 137 in regulation. We obviously have some problems defending, I'm scared to think of what Phoenix will roll up on us....

On the plus side, it looks like the guys Weiss started produced (Nick, Petro), Rashard and Ridnour played well offensively, and, well, we got a win [​IMG]

12. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Shard:</div><div class="quote_post">Yea, previews early in the day are not my fort?.</div>

We suck at this. [​IMG]

13. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

This will be undoubtedly one of the most mind boggling/interesting teams that the Sonics have had in recent memory.

There is no continuity to this group and guys will be on edge the entire season. Bob is going to be forced to change his entire demeanor this season to get these guys to compete on a nightly basis. Certain players are going to have to exceed all expectations for us to be able to compete with the better teams in this league.

We aren't good enough to outscore people but we aren't a good enough defensive team to stop people. That is a very dangerous combination but you wil see on any given night that players will step up and assume the role of top quality player. Tonight it was Nick Collison. Tomorrow it may be Luke Ridnour. At some point in the season it could be Clinton Moore.

This season will test the resolve of every Sonic fan. We may have a week where we drop 4 out of 5 and then come back on a 6 game winning streak--just depending on the focus of the players. This team today came in extremely focused and started to feel good about themselves and gave up a 17 point lead. It's all mental with this group--when they compete they have a chance every night. But the difference from this season to last was last season (outside of when we had all of those guys injured) we competed every game. The question will be if Bob is demanding enough on the players to get them to do this on a consistent basis.

We are 2-4 and it seems as though everyone feels like this season is lost. This is a chess match and right now we are only down a couple of pawns. Until one of our power pieces are taken I'm optimistic that we can even this match in a couple of weeks.

Rick Sund is not going to let this team falter... I can guarantee you on that.

14. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Roland got it right.

I think it's hilarious that we let AD leave so easily. We knew that Luke was not a good defender, and Nate was constantly benching Flip for lack of effort on the defensive end.

Now everyone is acting surprised that we are getting torched by every pg in the league.

Also, Ray's play has been ridiculous.

15. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">We knew that Luke was not a good defender</div>

We did, but he's not Mike James 36 points bad either. It's all about who's backing you up as a point guard defensively, and unfortunately, while I love Johan and hated Jerome, the latter at least stopped opposing point guards getting easy scores. You think Chauncey Billups is much of a defender? Take out the two Wallaces from behind him and see how he defends.

I think Luke is just not confident enough to play right up on opposing points, because he feels he doesn't have adequate protection behind him if he does get beaten. As a result, he stands off and gives up jumpers, which at the moment are being knocked down. AD would help for sure, but he's not worth 41 points.

More negatives than positives to take out of this one, but at the end of the day it's a win, and a win is much better for morale than a loss. It will be interesting to see how Bobby uses Reggie from now on in, because he only played five minutes and it's tough to bench Nick after a 20/12 effort.

16. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

This is just more of players being judged by reputation. Antonio wasn't even a good defender last year.