Blount demoted

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by xerex2000_ph, Nov 28, 2005.

1. xerex2000_ph

xerex2000_ph JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Speaking publicly yesterday for the first time since he was benched for Friday’s Celtics win over Charlotte, Mark Blount said he was surprised by the deep demotion and that he has yet to hear from his boss on the matter. “There was no explanation,” Blount said. “I didn’t know.” What he would like to know now is the team’s plan for his future. While Doc Rivers insists Blount can play an important role off the pine, the coach is committed for now to Kendrick Perkins as the starter. If Blount’s minutes dwindle, he may be checking his options. “Then I’ve got to go call Mark (Bartelstein), my agent, and got to let him know what’s going on,” he said. “You know, we’ve got to sit down and talk. “If they want to go in a different direction, what can I do about that? I’m still here. I still can work. I’m still practicing.” If Blount does end up seeking to move on from the Celtics youth movement, he may find himself nailed to the roster by his contract. He makes more than $5.5 million this season and is on the books for more than $28 million over the next four years. But the real fly in any transactional ointment would be the 15 percent trade kicker in his contract. If Blount is dealt, his remaining salaries would rise by that percentage. </div>

source

2. H.ayes

H.ayes JBB JustBBall Member

All Blount looked determined to do last night was lose the game. He had a chance to tie it up and give the Celtics immeasurable momentum and got blocked by a 19 year old. Way to be.

3. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting H.ayes:</div><div class="quote_post">All Blount looked determined to do last night was lose the game. He had a chance to tie it up and give the Celtics immeasurable momentum and got blocked by a 19 year old. Way to be.</div>

That sounds like the Mark Blunt I know and love. As for his demotion, I will unfortunately have to get rid of the listing here and post one that still exists, other than that, can't say as I'm all that surprised, he's a time bomb.