Sloan, Brown Meet up to Clear Air

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">When guard Devin Brown and coach Jerry Sloan met Sunday to clear some inverted air, it seems they agreed on a couple things.
    One is that the Jazz's uncertain player rotation ? something Brown publicly expressed frustration about after last Friday's loss to Seattle, 8-12 Utah's fifth loss in its last seven games ? is less than ideal, largely due to circumstances beyond anyone's control.
    Another is that that is something Sloan can concern himself with, but Brown should not. "I'm happy with my role on the team ? go in there and play hard, you know, whatever. I'm good," said Brown, who has come off the bench in all but three games since joining the Jazz as a free agent this past offseason. "I don't have any problem with anybody here, any coaches, anything."
    Sloan seems convinced of that.
    "I felt pretty comfortable with what his explanation was," the Jazz coach said Sunday, his first day back to work after the team took a rare day off Saturday. "He said he didn't mean anything like that, and I have to take his word for it ? that he wasn't trying to cause any problems.
    "His explanation to me indicated he wanted to try to do what's right with the team, and that's fine."
    All, though, did not seem fine with Brown on Friday, when he said this: "You come out and you get a start like that (Brown opened at shooting guard against the Sonics, replacing injured Gordan Giricek) and think you'll get more minutes, but then you don't. It's frustrating. . . . It needs to be more defined in what kind of rotation that we're going to have. We don't have a defined rotation. It's just confusion."</div>

<div align="center">Source</div>