Isiah calls out Bill Simmons; Sports Guy responds

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Nasty, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Right now, you have a roster that costs something like $120 million. You completely overhauled the Knicks' roster in 14 months, and now you're trying to overhaul it again. There's no rhyme or reason to anything you're doing. Your team doesn't have a first-round pick next summer, and in the summer of 2007 -- widely considered to be the deepest draft in 20-plus years -- the Bulls have the right to exchange first-round picks with you (most of your fans don't even know this). You also have to give another first-round pick to Phoenix before 2010. And you have at least eight or nine players on your roster who are completely, utterly, totally untradable, including someone with a possible heart defect and someone whose back is in such bad shape nobody would insure his contract. Your team also has one of the worst records in the league. And your fans are downright traumatized at this point, to the degree that you went into hiding until your recent winning streak. Now you're available to talk to the press again, of course.

So why shouldn't you be criticized for any of this? Why should you be immune? Why should the fact that you destroyed the CBA, then coached an underachieving Pacers team that came within two possessions of making the 2004 Finals one year after you left ... why isn't this relevant in some way? I would love to know the answer to this. So either you can e-mail me, have one of your PR people call me to explain it, or tell me as while you're making trouble for me on the street.

Or, I can fly to New York and we can have a dignified conversation about this stuff. Followed by you beating the living hell out of me.

It's up to you.</div>

[​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Sports Guy, I think you'd like to know that Isiah Thomas is planning to take revenge on you. Today on the Stephen A. Smith show on ESPN Radio here in New York, Thomas said if "I ever meet this guy Bill Simmons, it won't be good for him." In other words, I think he's planning on signing you.
    -- Dan Goodman, New York </div>

[​IMG]

Source

2. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Thomas said if "I ever meet this guy Bill Simmons, it won't be good for him." In other words, I think he's planning on signing you.</div>

LMAO!

Now that I think about it Zeke has kind of been in hiding for the past couple months. Funny stuff.

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG] Great stuff. Bill Simmons has a great sense of humor. What makes it funny is Isiah is crazy enough to go after him. [​IMG]

BTW - Shouldn't the title be Bill Simmons calls out Isiah?

4. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG] Great stuff. Bill Simmons has a great sense of humor. What makes it funny is Isiah is crazy enough to go after him. [​IMG]

BTW - Shouldn't the title be Bill Simmons calls out Isiah?</div>
    The title shouldn't be, the post just showed the sequence of events incorrectly. Simmons wrote the article in response (as he mentions throughout the article) to Isiah saying he was gonna come after him.

5. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">

BTW - Shouldn't the title be Bill Simmons calls out Isiah?</div>

You can read the link. Isiah called out Simmons first with Screamin A. Smith, and then Bill responded.

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Fever:</div><div class="quote_post">You can read the link. Isiah called out Simmons first with Screamin A. Smith, and then Bill responded.</div>

Ah, it all makes sense now. I'm surprised Isiah Thomas even knew who he was.

7. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

Lol, I can't really say I disagree with Bill Simmons. He puts up some great points.

8. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

...<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NbaBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">Lol, I can't really say I disagree with Bill Simmons. He puts up some great points.</div>