Should the Lakers keep starting Brian Cook and Kwame Brown?

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Trueplaya4real, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Trueplaya4real

Trueplaya4real JBB JustBBall Member

The Lakers seem to be better on offense with Brian Cook and Kwame Brown together in the starting lineup. Kwame Brown finally had a good game, 18 points and 8 rebounds against the Memphis Grizzlies!!!!!!! But Brian Cook sucked.

Im really worried about this Laker team because they are in 8th place in the West Playoff Standings and teams like the Rockets, Kings, and Warriors are starting to play well and the Lakers could be facing playoff elimination if they dont start winning more.

Phil Jackson said if they are serious about not only makin the playoffs but possibly going farther they are going to need a 3rd scorer, being a veteran guard. The Lakers should look to deal, should they get Derek Fisher back? Or how about Chris Duhon?

2. Bahir

Bahir User power factor: ∞

I would love to see Fisher back, but with his contract, it's probably impossible. As for Cook and Kwame, they both pretty much suck, but we have no better alternatives. Cook can shoot, yes, but his defense and the rest of his offense sucks. Kwame can barely do anything, and I seriously doubt that his 18 point performance is the start of something good (but I hope he proves me wrong).

Give me 12 inches and I'll start for the Lakers.

3. rocky votolato

rocky votolato JBB JustBBall Member

Why would you want Fisher back? Not only is his contract retarded, he won't be any help for us. Everything Fisher can give to us, is nothing we need. We need a 2nd help scorer that can help take the load off Kobe.

4. rocky votolato

rocky votolato JBB JustBBall Member

well, unless we trade Sasha for him or soemthing.

5. LKRQUN33

LKRQUN33 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trueplaya4real:</div><div class="quote_post">The Lakers seem to be better on offense with Brian Cook and Kwame Brown together in the starting lineup. Kwame Brown finally had a good game, 18 points and 8 rebounds against the Memphis Grizzlies!!!!!!! But Brian Cook sucked.

Im really worried about this Laker team because they are in 8th place in the West Playoff Standings and teams like the Rockets, Kings, and Warriors are starting to play well and the Lakers could be facing playoff elimination if they dont start winning more.

Phil Jackson said if they are serious about not only makin the playoffs but possibly going farther they are going to need a 3rd scorer, being a veteran guard. The Lakers should look to deal, should they get Derek Fisher back? Or how about Chris Duhon?</div>

MMM...yes I do see how Brian Cook and Kwame Brown in our starting line up have been able to push up our offense. But that leads us again to the problem we have been having for quiet sometime time now...CONSISTENCY! Can Kwame really continue to play the way he played against the Griz. and can Cookie have nights like those against the Rockets. Seriously...the only way we can really be a successful team would be to get Chris healthy...kwame at the forward position ( he seems more comfortable at the position) Lamar needs to get healthy because i know that now he is gonna be using his injury as an excuse when he isn't being aggressive, but since his injury he has been aggresive and i like that. Cookie come better when is in coming from the bench...that hot hand of his can easy the pressure on kobe a bit allowing either for cookie to get good shots or for kobe (0ut of no where) to get free. We also need smush and sasha to step it up, we know they have shot, but can they truly be a factor in our offense. i believe they can...if they do become aggressive and confident enough to get good shots up...we can win game...if things like that go well our defense steps up. We can't keep letting transitions to kill us..team like the bobcats keep getting layups over us, and honestly that is ridiculous. We need to pressure the shooter when he is outside the ark, we shouldn't be giving them space because good shooters don't need that much space to get a good shot up, but if we smother them..we can prevent those shots from killing us..we need to defend the paint better...doesn't matter how quick they are..the paint needs to be protected!! Finally, we need to stop settling for outside shots...ATTACK THE RIM!!!

THATS WHAT WE NEED AND THEN WE DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE ROCKETS OR ANY OTHER TEAM TRYING TO TAKE OUR PLAYOFF SPOT.[​IMG]