Pau drops a career high 39 points

Discussion in 'Memphis Grizzlies' started by Jerry West, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Jerry West

Jerry West JBB JustBBall Member

And more importantly, we got the W.

We should never have been in the position, but it was great to come back from a double-figure halftime deficit and turn it into a comfortable win.

2. J-Calderon_8

J-Calderon_8 JBB JustBBall Member

yeah. With this performance he's averaging 20.2 ppg. Just hope he keeps his stats up. He's just about improvement this season. And the W was crucial too.

3. Jerry West

Jerry West JBB JustBBall Member

He's certainly improved across the board.

I still maintain he can and one day should average 25ppg. In the low post he's virtually unstoppable 1-on-1, with his long arms and agility.

He needs to become more selfish and a bit more of a leader in clutch times, but i think that'll come with more experience.

Many forget that Pau was quite raw when he arrived and most so-called experts were predicting he'd take years to be a quality NBA player, instead he won the ROTY first up.

4. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Pau could have easily scored 50 the other night if he didn't play on a team with such selfish point guards. 39 is a pretty low career high for a player who's been in the league as long as Pau and has been named to the All-Star team. Hell, Arenas had 38 in this same game, and it was just like another game for him. (Not a shot at Gasol; I know he could put up those numbers on a lot of other teams; just an observation.)

5. J-Calderon_8

J-Calderon_8 JBB JustBBall Member

yeah. I just hate watching chucky or bobby going for an impossible layup against the other teams' big men and just drawing the foul instead of giving the ball to pau who's always alone under the rim to sink it.

Stoudamire was just perfect the perfect fit for Pau, with him on the court against the Wizards he would have scored 50, he was just hot out there.