Cavaliers Trying To Help James

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by Shapecity, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">CLEVELAND ? The Cavaliers are making their case for LeBron James as the NBA's Most Valuable Player, and they're making it in writing.

With votes due on April 20, the team's public relations department e-mailed a detailed account of James' accomplishments in the 2005-06 season.

The 21-year-old has won Eastern Conference Player of the Month twice this season and Player of the Week on five occasions. He would be the youngest MVP winner in NBA history, but right now he's running considerably behind Phoenix point guard Steve Nash in the opinion of most voters.

Totaled, 127 people who cover the league on a regular basis vote for MVP, and they rank their choices one through five. Each of the 30 cities with NBA teams has three voting media members, with the remaining 37 votes going to national outlets.

Among the facts the Cavaliers are asking voters to consider before casting their ballots:

o James is on pace to become just the second player in league history (Michael Jordan in 1988-89) to average at least 31.7 points, 7.2 rebounds and 6.7 assists.

o He has scored 30 points or more on 49 occasions and 40 points or more 10 times.

o He has led the Cavaliers in scoring 70 times, in rebounding 18 times and in assists 59 times. In 16 games, he's led the club in all three categories.

o The 6-foot-8, 240-pounder is second in the league with six triple-doubles, and the Cavaliers are undefeated in those contests.

The Cavaliers went on to point out that James ranks first in two of the three prominent efficiency rating services and is second in the other. Nash, the reigning MVP and favorite to win the award again this season, is not in the top five in any of the three.</div>

Source

2. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

If lebron comes in second in voting i think most lb fans would be ok with that, but im positive the media is not ready to give it to james this early.

3. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

In terms of individual statistics, LeBron is the best. His combination of points, rebounds, and assists per game are just crazy.

The Cavs not being a top-3 seed in the East is going to hurt his chances. I think it will be Nash, and then Kobe.

4. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

I think Lebron very well might deserve it over the other guys...even Nash and Kobe...but I just dont think anyone, including myself, can get over the fact that he's got a solid roster and still isnt blazing up the charts AND that he's sooo young.

I dunno....his stats to me say MVP but for some reason.....i'm forced to vote Nash.