1st round of the playoffs

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by NJNetz, Apr 19, 2006.

1. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

It's official that we will be facing the Pacers in the first round. What do you guys think about this matchup. I think they will be tough but in the end we will win the series. I don't have time to get into depth about the match....Ill post it later. What do you guys think?

2. giftedvisionz

giftedvisionz JBB JustBBall Member

I agree. If the Pacers start to mesh, then we'll be in trouble. Containing O'Neal and Stojakovic is reasonable, but the Nets have to be weary of the Pacers' streaky scorers. Jackson, Johnson, Jones, Jasikevicius (the four J's?) all can get hot. But, as long as our defensive intensity is there and the big 4 play well, we should win this series.

3. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

Yea and now that they traded Artest they no longer have a lockdown defender that can stop Vince or RJ. They could be a dangerous team but us losing the series would be wrong.

4. Drake Remoray

Drake Remoray JBB JustBBall Member

To me, the odds are in favour of New Jersey as long as Carter is hot. The only problem I can see NJ having is against J.O'Neal in the post and as giftedvisionz said, the 4 Z's.

5. ilive4ball

ilive4ball JBB JustBBall Member

Hey guys...I'm kinda bored so i'm going around the forums to see what the rest of the country is talking about, hope ya don't mind [​IMG]

I think that the nets will pull this out in 6 games. I think the Pacers will put serious pressure on you guys at times but I don't think they have the cohesiveness to pull the upset.

I do think that J.O. will tear you guys a new one in the post lol, but VC and RJ will more than make up for that

6. jkidd

jkidd JBB JustBBall Member

When I learned that we are going to play the Pacers in the 1st round I got a little worried. I was hoping that we face a much lesser opponent in the 1st round, like the buck or the young bulls.

The Pacers have all the tools to pull an upset here is why:

1. The playoff experience of this team will do them good in the series
    2. J.O. back in the line up will definitely wreck havoc in the paint
    3. Peja 3 point shooting can bail them out in a must win situation
    4. They have player that can score in any given night.
    5. Their head coach got a lot more playoff experience than frank
    6. their bench is much deeper that what we have

If all of these elements present its self in the series we are in big trouble!

We will win the Series if:

1. We play defense all night long like what we did in our 14 game Win streak.
    2. Carter goes “vinsane!”
    3. Jkidd controlling the floor and playing an all around basketball
    4. Jefferson committing him self as the 2nd go to guy and playing defense
    5. Krstic continues to develop and be the post presence to battle J.O. in the paint
    6. Uncle Cliff, Vaughn and the bench gives us quality min.

Having said that I say Nets Win in Six!

7. WarRocCavs

WarRocCavs JBB JustBBall Member

3. Peja 3 point shooting can bail them out in a must win situation

this would be true if peja wasn't anti clutch... the rest i might agree with

8. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

I agree, out of teams 4-8 the Pacers are head and shoulders the best team in my opinion.

A couple of things are in our favor or could be in our favor...The fact that Peja is one of the league most notorious playoff floppers, his production greatly decreases from the regular season to the playoffs. Another thing that can be in our favor is the fact that the Pacers have had up and down/injury-plaqued production from the point guard slot all year long, Tinsley probably wont be healthy and non productive. And AJ is quality, but he cant out play or hang with Jason for a full 7 game series. Also, Jerimane Oneal not being the Oneal that he was the year they went to the East finals plays in our favor as well.

I think this series is going to go a strong 6 or 7 games, and it might take to much out of us to get passed the Heat in the 2nd round,if we do get/when we get passed the Pacers.

9. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

The Pacers are a better team than 6th seed, so the Nets will have a challenge on their hands. They spent most of the season without Artest and once he got traded for Peja, Jermaine O'Neal was injured. Then they had to gel with each other and deal with the injuries. Luckily for the Nets, Peja and Jermaine have a history of being significantly less effective in the playoffs. This match-up still won't be a cakewalk for New Jersey.

10. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

NJ is going all the way to the Eastern Conference finalswhich means they are going to beat heat, but they are lose to Pistons

11. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

You guys got my pick to beat the Pacers, but O`Neal can have his way in the paint.

12. Legacy

Legacy Beast

It's going to be very tough but I think we will win in 6 or 7 games.

13. phunDamentalz

phunDamentalz JBB JustBBall Member

relax man

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jkidd:</div><div class="quote_post">
    1. The playoff experience of this team will do them good in the series
    </div>
    Nets have RJ and Kidd who have both been to the finals several times, which is a place that no-one on Indiana has been!
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    2. J.O. back in the line up will definitely wreck havoc in the paint
    </div>
    No way. I love Jermaine but you make him sound like Amare or Shaq. Jason Collins, Nenad and Jefferson will ALL make it difficult for him ,don't you think?
    3. Peja 3 point shooting can bail them out in a must win situation</div>
    Peja will get open looks, that's true.

4. They have player that can score in any given night.
    </div>
    Offensively they pale compared to the Nets.
    5. Their head coach got a lot more playoff experience than frank
    </div> Yes.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">6. their bench is much deeper that what we have
    </div>now you're making sense<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    If all of these elements present its self in the series we are in big trouble!
    </div>

rest easy. The Pacers have very little cohesiveness this year. They've gotten blown out many times, they're unsure of their identity. They don't know who's going to be The Man at the point guard position. Granger has been promising but inconsistent. Sarunas has been promising but inconsistent.

Ultimately The Nets will win because Frank is the Preparation God of coaching. He stays up all night eating twinkies and drinking jolt cola watching tape after tape after tape. AND I think he has his team's ear more than any coach aside from Avery Johnson.

Nets in 5. They'll come out FIRED UP and hungry to prove a point.

14. Next Level Game

Next Level Game JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Nets have RJ and Kidd who have both been to the finals several times, which is a place that no-one on Indiana has been! </div>

I like your enthusiasm, but have you forgotten that Stephen Jackson beat us in the Finals in '03?

15. antonyo09

antonyo09 JBB JustBBall Member

pacers are struggling right now

16. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

Ok guys we have small problem. I didn't want to make a knew thread about it. Now I was wondering if anyone would like to make a big preview for the Pacers and Nets first game. I would do it but I can't. Im working tomorrow......have to finish things for school on Saturday....and work again on Sunday..which means I miss the game =(. So as you can see I won't have anytime. So if you have done previews before....I would really appreciate if one you can make a big one for the game. I just need one person to do it. Thanks.

17. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting WarRocCavs:</div><div class="quote_post">3. Peja 3 point shooting can bail them out in a must win situation

this would be true if peja wasn't anti clutch... the rest i might agree with</div>

Haha. Very true. Watch him disappear in the playoffs. The only concern would be JO. But then again, The Pacers has 3 concerns to deal with.

18. jkidd

jkidd JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting InNETSweTrust:</div><div class="quote_post">Haha. Very true. Watch him disappear in the playoffs. The only concern would be JO. But then again, The Pacers has 3 concerns to deal with.</div>

Pare make that 4 concern to deal with! im just loving what Krstic bring to the team! if he continues to develop at this pace he can be a all star in a couple of years!

19. RipCity

RipCity JBB JustBBall Member

As long as the Pacers are having problems I don't think NJ has anything to fear. JO may not be Shaq but he will defently do alot of damage in the paint. Kristic has been playing well but I don't think he will be able to stop JO. In this series as long as Kidd, RJ and VC continue to play well I don't think they will have a problem, although it should be a decent series to watch regardless.

20. dtpxcore

dtpxcore JBB The Regulator

As long as the Nets have all their guys healthy, their should be no problem for the Nets advancing pass the Pacers in 5 or 6. Vince has to keep on doing what he's been doing all year. The only way I can imagine them losing is if Jermaine O'Neal has his way downlow and Peja is knocking down shots from all over. They have to contain Jermaine and keep Peja's shots contested.