Thread: Official JustBBall.Com 2006 Mock Draft

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
  1. TOP #76
    TORaptors bb4 is developing a reputation TORaptors bb4's Avatar JBB JustBBall Member

Good mock, but i think that the Raptors would definetely pick Randy Foye over Bargnani any day. The Raps already have two very very good bigs in CB4 and CV31, and it certainly is not a position of need, especially when you consider how many Europeans have come to the NBA with big expectaion and flopped (tshvikhi and hoffa to name a couple). The Raptors are going to probably pick up one of Nene, Przybilla or Magloire in the off season to solidify the centre spot. That said, pg will definetely be a postion of need as Calderon has looked solid but not great so far, and Mike James being extremely over rated (Which Colangelo and most Raps fans probably recognize). Drafting Foye will give us a solid pg, with great range, good defense and most importantly someone who will share the ball unlike Mike. A starting line up of Foye, Peterson, Charlie, Chris and Nene/Przybilla/Magloire will certainly get the Raps back to thr playoffs quicly.

2. TOP #77
    Shapecity is becoming well known Shapecity is becoming well known Shapecity is becoming well known Shapecity's Avatar S2/JBB Teamster

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TORaptors bb4:</div><div class="quote_post">Good mock, but i think that the Raptors would definetely pick Randy Foye over Bargnani any day. The Raps already have two very very good bigs in CB4 and CV31, and it certainly is not a position of need, especially when you consider how many Europeans have come to the NBA with big expectaion and flopped (tshvikhi and hoffa to name a couple). The Raptors are going to probably pick up one of Nene, Przybilla or Magloire in the off season to solidify the centre spot. That said, pg will definetely be a postion of need as Calderon has looked solid but not great so far, and Mike James being extremely over rated (Which Colangelo and most Raps fans probably recognize). Drafting Foye will give us a solid pg, with great range, good defense and most importantly someone who will share the ball unlike Mike. A starting line up of Foye, Peterson, Charlie, Chris and Nene/Przybilla/Magloire will certainly get the Raps back to thr playoffs quicly.</div>

Fair points made, but the counter argument is figuring out if the Raptors draft for need or BAP (best available player). Usually when a team is drafting in the lottery they go for BAP 99% of the time.

Right now the Raptors are slotted to draft at #5, is Randy Foye worthy of being selected #5 overall? I'd say no, most scouts have him #2 or #3 in PG rankings. (Marcus Williams from UConn is #1 right now.)

If you look at Bryan Colangelo's track record, he always drafts the BAP. When you have the best players, you can fill needs through trades or free agency. Colangelo just recently got back from Europe after he flew out to watch Bargnani in a tournament.
    "Kobe is always in Kill Mode" - Ron Artest

S2 Sim League Roster

PG - Lou Williams - $4,566,120
    SG - Arron Afflalo - $905,200
    SF - Danilo Gallinari - $3,089,040
    PF - Kevin Love - $3,401,040
    C - Pau Gasol - $16,452,000

Bench
    C - Ben Wallace - $1,306,455
    PF - DeAndre Jordan - $726,420
    PG - Jerryd Bayless - $2,143,080
    SG - Rod Beaubois - $1,075,440
    SG - Shannon Brown - $2,000,000
    SF - Dorrell Wright - $3,204,500
    PF - Glen Davis - $2,500,000
    SF - Kyle Korver - $5,163,640
    PG - Mike Bibby - $5,500,000
    PG - Earl Clark - $1,766,28

Euro Stash
    PG - Sergio Llull
    SF - Josh Childress

3. TOP #78
    BigBadWolf is developing a reputation BigBadWolf's Avatar JBB JustBBall Member

hoffa is not european player

many european players flopped... but many american players flopped (or flopped more)

4. TOP #79
    Beastin510 is developing a reputation Beastin510's Avatar JBB JustBBall Member

Hey im a big UCLA fan do any of you guys see arron afflalo or jordan farmar goin in the first round because the said if the first round is not a guarantee they would return to school.

5. TOP #80
    Shapecity is becoming well known Shapecity is becoming well known Shapecity is becoming well known Shapecity's Avatar S2/JBB Teamster

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Beastin510:</div><div class="quote_post">Hey im a big UCLA fan do any of you guys see arron afflalo or jordan farmar goin in the first round because the said if the first round is not a guarantee they would return to school.</div>

My gut feeling is Farmar goes pro, and Afflalo returns for another season. Farmar is a top three point guard in this draft and his ability to run a halfcourt offense will get him drafted in the 1st Round.

Afflalo has a lot of competition playing the wing in this year's group. He's not better than Dijon Thompson or Trevor Ariza. Both players are finding it hard to stick with a team in the NBA. Another season at UCLA would allow him to be the focus of the offense with Luc Richard and he could take on more responsibility.
    "Kobe is always in Kill Mode" - Ron Artest

S2 Sim League Roster

PG - Lou Williams - $4,566,120
    SG - Arron Afflalo - $905,200
    SF - Danilo Gallinari - $3,089,040
    PF - Kevin Love - $3,401,040
    C - Pau Gasol - $16,452,000

Bench
    C - Ben Wallace - $1,306,455
    PF - DeAndre Jordan - $726,420
    PG - Jerryd Bayless - $2,143,080
    SG - Rod Beaubois - $1,075,440
    SG - Shannon Brown - $2,000,000
    SF - Dorrell Wright - $3,204,500
    PF - Glen Davis - $2,500,000
    SF - Kyle Korver - $5,163,640
    PG - Mike Bibby - $5,500,000
    PG - Earl Clark - $1,766,28

Euro Stash
    PG - Sergio Llull
    SF - Josh Childress

6. TOP #81
    jbbgocelts34 is developing a reputation jbbgocelts34's Avatar JBB JustBBall Member

One of my favorite players in this draft is Taquan Dean, I love his ability to defend, and knock down threes. He will be a very good energy guy off the bench for years in this league. I also like the toughness, and willingness to crash the boards of Paul Millsap. I think both would make very nice role players for any team.

7. TOP #82
    TheFreshPrince is developing a reputation TheFreshPrince's Avatar JBB JustBBall Member

anyone think Vincent Grier of Minnesota will get taken or make a team? Before his injury many had him making it to the pros, but now i cant find him anywhere.

8. TOP #83

Not a very good mock IMO, Morrison wont go at #1, Gay wont go at #2, and theres alot of players that will probally go first round that you have late in the 2nd (such as Quincy Douby).

9. TOP #84
    Voodoo Child is developing a reputation Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NTC187:</div><div class="quote_post">Not a very good mock IMO, Morrison wont go at #1, Gay wont go at #2, and theres alot of players that will probally go first round that you have late in the 2nd (such as Quincy Douby).</div>

Check the date, bro'.... this is old as hell.

BTW - Douby was the #7 pick in the 2nd round when this came out... how's that late in the 2nd?
    <div align="center"><div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YebR5J4nqxE&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YebR5J4nqxE&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div></div>

10. TOP #85
    Blur is developing a reputation Blur's Avatar JBB King Of The Phorums

When is the updated version coming out VD?

Thanks AXB for the signature. WindMill360 on the avatar.

11. TOP #86
    Voodoo Child is developing a reputation Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Best Kept Secret:</div><div class="quote_post">When is the updated version coming out VD?</div>

There's no timetable. We were planning on having it come out right after the lottery, but then we were hit with the server problems, and our scheduled meeting was thrown off. I'd expect we'd get it done soon though.
    <div align="center"><div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YebR5J4nqxE&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YebR5J4nqxE&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div></div>

12. TOP #87
    Courtking is developing a reputation Courtking's Avatar Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">There's no timetable. We were planning on having it come out right after the lottery, but then we were hit with the server problems, and our scheduled meeting was thrown off. I'd expect we'd get it done soon though.</div>

We'll just leave it at, you'll know who your team is picking before the draft
    #showyaluv

13. TOP #88
    umair is developing a reputation umair's Avatar "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Great mock guys.. But i think you guys should have waited until the draft lottery because this order is very different from what it is now.

14. TOP #89
    MaxBallin is developing a reputation MaxBallin's Avatar JBB JustBBall Member

Default It's a shame...

It's a shame to see you guys slacking so much with the mock drafts this year. I'm a big follower of the draft and there are a few sites whose mocks I'll take serious looks at, yours being one of them. However, I have yet to see you guys put out a half-respectable 2006 NBA Mock Draft. What's up with that?
    <div align="center"></div>

15. TOP #90
    J_Ray is developing a reputation J_Ray's Avatar JBB JustBBall Member

I know man, I remember last year they had like 6 versions when I joined JBB last year. This year, they've coming out of the gates flat They're new one s hould be coming out soon though, VC don't let me down man

"Deron Williams goes at least 20-10 in 1st 4 games of series. Only others to do that: Magic, Oscar, Kevin Johnson"
    Deron Williams>Chris Paul

16. TOP #91

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J_Ray:</div><div class="quote_post">I know man, I remember last year they had like 6 versions when I joined JBB last year. This year, they've coming out of the gates flat They're new one s hould be coming out soon though, VC don't let me down man </div>

Just be patient, we have something special in-store...
    #showyaluv

17. TOP #92

Any news on when we might get to see this "something special"?

18. TOP #93

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MaxBallin:</div><div class="quote_post">Any news on when we might get to see this "something special"?</div>

Before June 28th...
    #showyaluv

19. TOP #94

Whew, good. I was starting to think you guys were going to put out the mock after June 28th. That probably would have been some mock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information