Vassilis Spanoulis Highlight Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by blueracer, Apr 26, 2006.

1. blueracer

blueracer JBB JustBBall Member

2. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    I was going to move this to the Video thread, but I'll leave it as a thread so more people notice.

Anyways, Spanouliss looks like the traditional European guard. Not overly athletic, good shooter, gets to the basket but is not one for contact. Can he make an impact in the NBA right away like Manu Ginobili? The jury's not out on that yet but it looks like Spanouliss will have to endure some growing pains yet. That shooting, though, looks very tempting.

3. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

Offensivly he looks like Ginobili/Nash. I hope the Rockets can give him a shot.

4. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

He looks like he doesn't get enough vertical to finish well around the basket but overall from the video it looks like Spanoulis is a good shooter, decent distributor, and has good enough handles to play well in the NBA. We'll see I guess though. In my opinion, the better comparison is probably Jason Terry with less moves to the basket. He's not a good enough of a distributor to warrant the Nash comparison nor does he finish around the rim well enough to be considered a Ginobili.

5. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

He reminds me of Ginobili or Sarunas

6. tinyballer

tinyballer JBB JustBBall Member

He reminds me of a more self creating jose calderon. Not overly atheletic not overly great with that shot but great passing and plays with heart.

7. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TmacGarnett:</div><div class="quote_post">He reminds me of Ginobili or Sarunas</div>
    Ginobli might be reaching, but Sarunas is right on point. Aslong as he can shoot we're good[​IMG]

8. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

he plays and looks like Marko Jaric

9. evolidiot

evolidiot JBB JustBBall Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5575314?GT1=8192

Nice short article about some of the players that were overhyped when they were drafted. The interesting thing is that it was inspired by something CD said about V-Span. He said he is like Kobe, but not on that level. I'm not exactly sure what he means by that, but I hope that Spanoulis does not turn out to be a flop like "baby Jordan". Comparing him to Kobe on any level may be overhyping him a little bit, but the addition of Spanoulis would be a big plus considering that the Rockets have no real point guards aside from Alston.

10. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

he looks okay from the video highlights, but like on poster said, he doesn't have a good vertical leaping ability (like Manu)....but he looks like he doesn't mind taking it to the basket and the J looks pretty good also.