What to do with Lamar Odom?

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by K8BE24, May 8, 2006.

1. K8BE24

K8BE24 JBB JustBBall Member

<font color=""Black""><font size=""1""><div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"><font size=""3""><font color=""Black"">The Lakers' in-house opinion of him swayed throughout the season. The Lakers did not consider sending Odom to Indiana for Ron Artest, but their tone changed before the trade deadline as they entertained preliminary talks with other teams, including the New York Knicks. The franchise tilted favorably toward him at the end of the season, his lackluster Game 7 effort notwithstanding. He has two years and $27.4 million left on his contract.</font> </font> </div></font></font>

Lakers should Conisder the following Trade(s):

<div align="center"><font color=""Black""><div align="left">1.Kwame Brown + Lamar Odom + Devean George + Miami's 1st round pick for Kevin Garnett + Trenton Hassell + Troy Hudson.

2. Kwame Brown + Lamar Odom + Devean George + Miami's 1st round pick for Frye or Curry and Stephon Marbury.

3. Kwame Brown + Lamar Odom + Devean George + Miami's 1st round pick for Kenyon Martin + Nene + Howard Eisley</div> </font></div>

2. Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life JBB Banned Member

<font color=""Red"">I will go with choice #1.</font> [​IMG]

3. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Option 2 would suck for the Lakers, Marbury with Kobe doesn't mix IMO. I'd go with number 3 because the odds of number 1 are slim to none.

4. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

we either get choice #1 or we keep him

5. The One & Only

The One & Only JBB The Orlando Tragic

He hasn't lived up to the money he is getting paid and he looked flat in the final 3 games of the playoffs. I wouldn't mind option number 2. Though most of those trades are blown out of balance. All those players and a pick for Curry or Frye and Marbury? I don't think so [​IMG] I don't think Marbury is the ball hog you people put him out to be....I think: Lamar, Kobe, and Marbury would be pretty good. Though I'm not sure how that would work. If all of them could avg. the same stats then we would be set.

6. BigBalleR8

BigBalleR8 JBB JustBBall Member

naw i dont want odom to be traded. I heard Artest said he will play for free or something next year. I heard it on PTI today. And they mentioned Kobes name in there. Anyone else know anything about that?

7. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Franchise4Ever:</div><div class="quote_post">He hasn't lived up to the money he is getting paid and he looked flat in the final 3 games of the playoffs. I wouldn't mind option number 2. Though most of those trades are blown out of balance. All those players and a pick for Curry or Frye and Marbury? I don't think so [​IMG] I don't think Marbury is the ball hog you people put him out to be....I think: Lamar, Kobe, and Marbury would be pretty good. Though I'm not sure how that would work. If all of them could avg. the same stats then we would be set.</div>

Lamar would be traded in that scenario. I think that scenario would be awful. Marbury couldn't share enough with KG, who is much more unselfish then Kobe is, what makes you think he could share with Kobe?

Either 1 or 3 would be good in house cleaning for you guys. I would talk to Kobe before I pull the trigger on anything to see if he could coexist with another star.

8. ilive4ball

ilive4ball JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Lakers should Conisder the following Trade(s):

1.Kwame Brown + Lamar Odom + Devean George + Miami's 1st round pick for Kevin Garnett + Trenton Hassell + Troy Hudson.

2. Kwame Brown + Lamar Odom + Devean George + Miami's 1st round pick for Frye or Curry and Stephon Marbury.

3. Kwame Brown + Lamar Odom + Devean George + Miami's 1st round pick for Kenyon Martin + Nene + Howard Eisley</div>

The only trade that is good is # 1, which is actually the best trade for KG I've heard so far.

As for Stephon or Kenyon Martin- that would be a huge mistake, one of them is no good without JKidd (guess which one i'm talking about) and the other is a proven loser.

I say if we trade for anyone it's a great post presence. We have a better chance of landing J.O (rumored to be on the block) than we do KG simply because he is a notch below KG and he's in the east. If there was a way we could land JO without trading Lamar Odom I'd be all for it. Lamar and Kobe are just beginning to develop a chemistry- and that's something we cannot afford to lose.

9. TheHitman

TheHitman JBB JustBBall Member

If Lakers want great players on their team, Kobe is going to have to play like he did in the playoffs, as i a strongly doubt KG wants to lose his value as a player playing alongside with Kobe. Because KG and Kobe would be a deadly combo but it can also turn out to be another Kobe and Shaq when both superstars cant keep their ego in a jar. KG looks like the best option if you are going to trade Lamar odom though

10. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    no no no!!! i wouldn't trade lamar!!! he's the next scottie pippen IMO, they just need to figure out a way on how kobe and lamar could complement each other more... im sure the lakers could get KG w/o trading lamar or kwame say Bynum, mihm, deorge, jackson, 1st pick for KG and some crummy player

11. The One & Only

The One & Only JBB The Orlando Tragic

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Marbury couldn't share enough with KG,</div>

Thats actually untrue. KG and Starbury got along really well. They had basketball camp before NBA and were close friends. Him and KG would be a good match which is why I think a trade sending Marbury to Minny would be good. KG even said he would welcome that trade.

12. dtpxcore

dtpxcore JBB The Regulator

i heard about ai going to minny

13. 1kobe2gasol3bynum4odom

1kobe2gasol3bynum4odom JBB JustBBall Member

You guys are soo funny man...When Odom is playing well, everybody love him up until he's having a bad Game 7, then all of a sudden, he's on the trading block. There was a thread about trading odom for KG, and almost everyone don't agreed to trade him and now boom...[​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">1.Kwame Brown + Lamar Odom + Devean George + Miami's 1st round pick for Kevin Garnett + Trenton Hassell + Troy Hudson.</div>
    Realisticly, not going to happen. The Lakers need to bring a better deal than that. What is even more funny is, 3 for 3 players trade. No chance.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">2. Kwame Brown + Lamar Odom + Devean George + Miami's 1st round pick for Frye or Curry and Stephon Marbury.</div>
    Same thing, won't happen. Phil has the reputation of playing Big guard in his triangle. Marbury doesn't fit into the mix. Lakers did try to trade Odom for Frye this season at the trading deadline, The Knicks rejected. Beside Frye is their future, no chance.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">3. Kwame Brown + Lamar Odom + Devean George + Miami's 1st round pick for Kenyon Martin + Nene + Howard Eisley</div>
    This is the only trade scenerio might has a chance of happening. However, trading three guys with at least 1 year of triangle offense under their belt for 3 new players may not sound too good for Phil.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">naw i dont want odom to be traded. I heard Artest said he will play for free or something next year. I heard it on PTI today. And they mentioned Kobes name in there. Anyone else know anything about that?</div>
    Don't believe in Ron Artest. He has another year under his contract where he get pay around 6/7 a year. The only way we can get him is when he's a free agent in 2007/2008 season.

There are only two scenerios to land KG in LA.
    1) If KG asks to be trade to LA.
    2) If Minny decides to rebuild their team for the future.

with case #2, the best LA can offer him is Lamar + Bynum + 1st round draft pick, + 10mil expiring contract of Brain Grant. With this deal, the Minny get a young potential player in Bynum, a solid player in Lamar, cap relief, and a future draft pick. Though, the Lakers can thrown in Mihm in the mix as well.

14. ilive4ball

ilive4ball JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Bynum, mihm, deorge, jackson, 1st pick for KG and some crummy player</div>

You wanna throw in a couple of can's of paint in there as well? That list is a bunch of garbage other than Bynum, and his only upside is potential which is only there because we haven't seen him play enough to know whether or not he sucks yet.

I don't think Minny's going to go for that when they are going to be hearing offers like Jermaine O'Neal, Channing Frye with Nate Robinson and an expiring contract, Paul Peirce etc.

15. philip2136

philip2136 JBB Banned Member

its just that lamar is inconsistent prone