Man sues Jordan, Nike for resemblance

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by NJNetz, Jul 8, 2006.

1. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">A Northeast Portland man is suing basketball superstar Michael Jordan and Nike founder Phil Knight for a combined $832 million. Allen Heckard filed the suit himself, June 29th in Washington County Court. Heckard says he?s been mistaken as Michael Jordan nearly every day over the past 15 years and he?s tired of it.

?I'm constantly being accused of looking like Michael and it makes it very uncomfortable for me,? said Heckard.

Heckard is suing Jordan for defamation and permanent injury and emotional pain and suffering. He?s suing Knight for defamation and permanent injury for promoting Jordan and making him one of the most recognized men in the world.</div>

Are you serious? I would be honored to look like Jordan. Why do I feel the judge will laugh when he hears this case

Pic and rest of story here

2. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

lol. I saw this on another site... That is so much money. Maybe he should stop wearing Jordans when he plays for a start. I could imagine people laughing at him, just because he did this. Go tell Robert Horry to sue Will Smith.

3. TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince JBB JustBBall Member

He wants alomst a BILLION!!!!! that is so much freakin money. and if i looked like mj, i would just walk around pick up games, and just chill. it would be awesome. This guy is crazy.

4. SP23

SP23 DA BEARS!

He should be able to pick up plenty of girls, until they walk to his house and don't see a huge house or amazing cars.

5. TheFreshPrince

^^he could just go to their house. Make up some lame excuse or something, like, "i'm getting my indoor pool and golf course remodeled." lol

6. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

This guy must of hired one of those lawyers you see on TV that say, “if we don’t get you money we don’t charge money” because if it’s not then this dude will be in a huge financial whole after this. He has no case once so ever. So it’s Jordan’s fault you look like him (which I don’t think he does) and that people mistake you too? People will find any excuse to sue these days.

7. TheFreshPrince

^^I agree,he really doesnt look like mj that much. And this law suit makes no sense. As for the money. hw could just have a fake autograph signing session to make some dough. [​IMG]

8. fakeuser

fakeuser JBB JustBBall Member

Michael Jordan look-a-like huh! Hello everyone.

9. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

<font color=""Red"">W T F</font>

Like NBA Baller said, I would LOVE to look like MJ (so many possibilities). Damn what a flat out dumb**s. Where the hell did he come up with the # 832 million? Thats 23-8-million backwards. hmm

If he hates looking like MJ so much (which he doesn't) then he should just shave off the gotee, take off the left earing, and stop wearing MJ clothes. But no that would be to easy, a lawsuit for "pain and suffering"...blah this makes me so angry I can't even continue this post.

10. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

This was on my local news the other day, they interviewed him. As stupid as it is, it be funny if they dismissed the cases on the grounds that he doesn't even really look like Jordan (not to mention the fact that such a claim is utterly retarded).

11. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    That's alot of money man, that guy is almost as greedy as ben wallace, but not quite.

12. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Why not? Sure that's a lot of money but I'm sure Jordan doesn't want to go to court over this. They'll probably settle out of court over a smaller amount but it still would be a significant amount of money. Why would Jordan go to court over this matter where he probably has better things to do with the Bobcats and he can probably offer the dude a million to get lost.

13. I-Miss-MJ

I-Miss-MJ JBB I am so SMRT

There is no chance in hell he wins this. Jordan should not do a thing except countersuit this guy for a number even bigger then 832 million. He will back off big time.

It isnt Jordans fault they look similar, nor is it Nike's.
    This guy with his bald head and big earring, wearing the shoes hasnt done anything to change his appearance in the apparent 15 years.

Though it is America and the court system is different.

Good luck dumbass.

14. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

can someone tell me his resemblance to mj? because i see none. he looks more like tony delk

15. unbeliever

unbeliever JBB JustBBall Member

MJ should sue him for looking kinda like him, but ugly.. it makes random people who see this guy think that Jordan has turned into a dope fiend street bum.

16. MrBigShot_23

MrBigShot_23 BBW Member

This is the lamest thing I have ever heard...

<font color=""Red"">Watch your language.
    -CK
    </font>

17. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

I wanna see what Jordan would actually say to this guy if they met. My martial arts trainer look a little like Jordan, but he has a beard, doesn't wear an earing and doesn't rock Jordan kicks. What an idiot!

18. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

What a loser.

19. Laker_fan

Laker_fan JBB JustBBall Member

This is stupid, I can't believe stupid things like this make it to court.

20. WhiteManCanJump

WhiteManCanJump Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheFreshPrince:</div><div class="quote_post">He wants alomst a BILLION!!!!! that is so much freakin money. </div>

Same exact thing I thought of when I heard this story. WOW [​IMG]