Bosh's Goals Anything But Average

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Shapecity, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">WATERLOO -- Chris Bosh has heard all the talk at Raptors training camp about improving team defence this year.

Which is great. Bosh is buying into the concept.

The Raptors gave up on average 104 points per game last season, second worst in the NBA.

So, yeah, improved team defence is a priority.

But Bosh won't leave it at that. He has some personal goals that he would like to meet this season.

One, the Dallas native would like to become a regular 20-10 guy, something that almost happened last season, despite the fact that the Raptors finished 27-55.

Bosh averaged team highs in points (22.5) and rebounds (9.2), falling just short of his projected goal.

With improved on-court support and another NBA campaign under his belt, the 20-10 bar shouldn't be a major problem.

But now, the laid-back Texan has another goal, and it's nothing to sneeze at. In fact, from anyone else, such a goal might be considered bravado. Perhaps even crazy talk.

"I want to average something like two blocks and a steal every game," Bosh said yesterday, at Waterloo's RIM Park, where the Raptors are holding training camp.

"Those are numbers I'm really focussed on." </div>

Source

2. AirJordan

AirJordan JBB JustBBall Member

is that even possible

3. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Uh...yeah.

4. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think he should focus on the numbers, if he forces opponents to change their shots and just tries hard on defence that is what is more important. If he tries to block every shot to get his 2 bpg, that could hurt the Raptors.

5. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

Well, hope he achieves his goals.

6. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

He could if the Raps stick true to the plan of running the ball. Faster games equals more turnovers for both teams and he's always got most of his blocks when he caught up to a player driving in the ball. But, I agree with Skip. With the depth that we have, he shouldn't be that focused on numbers.